Dynadot

Unable to monetize large email traffic - Any advice?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have a domain that is good typo of a major free mail ( such as hotmail ....). It gets over 20,000 visits a month, but so far I haven't been able to monetize it. Tried parking and also some affiliates, but almost no clicks/revenue, as visitors look for just logging in to their email.
any idea for affiliate that might work?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Here are 2 different ideas you can try out :

#1. You could make a landing page listing various Paid email services, as I am sure some of them have affiliate programs.

Make the landing page have a kick butt article that makes the visitor learn how free email can be dangerous to use, and how a paid service would work better. A decent copywriter would be able to do this and capture them with the headline and go from there.

Here is a Google sponsored search where you can check these and see who offers any affiliate program :

email service - Google Search

#2. With the amount of visits you get I would say serve popups that pay CPM.

Or another CPM ad option, such as Chitika.

With a little bit of testing these options I think you should be able to see some revenue coming in.

Good Luck ! :)

Last edited:
•••
Serving pop-ups is a good option as long as you are sure that it wont irritate your visitors. I think for a site like yours, image ads will work as they're attractive and get attention easily as compared to contextual ads. Have you ever tried to serve image ads on your site?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back