Dynadot

UgoIgo.com - TM problem with IgoUgo?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I registered above name over 5 years ago. have no website but it's being parked with some traffic.
At the time I registered, I was not aware at all of a travel site IgoUgo.com, which probably gained popularity only in recent 1-2 years.
I recently recieved a letter demanding that I cease using this domain and transfer it to them
They did not have a TM when I registered the domain, and they still do not. All they have is a pending application :

Word Mark IGOUGO
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Downloadable electronic publications featuring journals and syndicated articles on travel. FIRST USE: 20050331. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20050331
IC 038. US 100 101 104. G & S: Providing on-line electronic bulletin boards for transmission of messages among computer users concerning travel locations and activities. FIRST USE: 20050331. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20050331

IC 039. US 100 105. G & S: On-line travel information services featuring a bonus incentive program for customers who submit travel journals to a web site. FIRST USE: 20050331. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20050331

Filing Date July 29, 2005
Published for Opposition July 4, 2006
Owner (APPLICANT) IgoUgo, Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 139 CENTER Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK

Although my domain is not the same, they claim it is confusing similar and I cannot use it.
What do you think?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no one has an opinion on this?

•••
Well as of now it's not evena legal TM.

I would offer to sell it to them for $XXX - $XXXX.

As of now you aren't breaking any TM laws that i know of.

•••
Can you prevent the trademark from being regd?

Robert

•••
I actually know the founder of IgoUgo. He's really cool, but He $$$old the company and know it's owned by a large corp.

One of my colegues got a C&D from a HUUUUGE Corp. He ignored it and got 3 certified letter. He still ignored them and he stopped bothering him. A C&D is only the first of 3 steps, they would then file to take you to court (at which time I would probably cave) at that point you could still relinquish the name with no problems. They really don't want to spend time and money on court cases if they can avoid it. If the page is parked (as my friend's was) they'll probably ignore it...if you try to start a travel blog site - they'll nail you.

•••
I do not have any website with this domain, just parking page for ppc.

•••
Actually, the site was launched in commerce in June 2000 and was voted top 5 travel sites in 2001.... I think they can establish TM status before your registration. Now comes the "similar or confusingly similar" arguement... is your site confusingly similar? I do see the main links are all travel related...

BMFX said:
Well as of now it's not evena legal TM.

I would offer to sell it to them for $XXX - $XXXX.

As of now you aren't breaking any TM laws that i know of.

huh? a legal TM???? what does that mean??? Maybe some research would help answer his question...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back