Dynadot

domain Considering registering a Trademark + VR.com. Help??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello,
not going to mention the domain on here for obvious reasons but the beginning of it is the name of popular website. with great digital online content. That being said. I want to just ad VR at thee end of this trademark company name simply because their name is kinda generic like say Kayak.com (kayakvr.com is taken)

so I did a TM check on uspto.gov and this is the TM I'm most worried about.

Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: prerecorded video [ and audio ] cassettes, [ CD ROMs ] and DVDs featuring adult entertainment; interactive [ audio and ] video cassettes, [ CD ROMs, ] and DVDs incorporating several media; namely, audio, audio visual, audio video graphics featuring adult entertainment [ ; and software programs incorporating several media; namely, audio, audio visual, audio video graphics featuring adult entertainment, recorded on cassettes, CD ROMs and DVDs featuring adult entertainment ]. FIRST USE: 19970100. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19970100

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: entertainment, namely, production of motion picture films, [ videotapes, CD-ROMs,] DVDs [ and cassettes ]. FIRST USE: 19930725. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19930725

depending on the "generic"ness of the TM and it's use can I get away with owning it? and remember I'm adding VR to the end of it. Could that change the "goods and services" uses for it? or is it technically the same?

FYI. The TM holder is an adult related content company.

and most important would someone buy it?

I know I know. stay away from TM but this one was just too too tempting. that plus there seems to be a huge shady market for TM domains in China. ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you've answered your own question..stay away from TMs..you cant a VR on the end and think it will be ok..there are so many words that aren't TMd..just pick one of those

Think of registering ToyotaVR.com or CompaqVR.com...its the same thing

What was your plan for the name..the same industry as the TM?

•••
From what I know of TM matters, even a lawyer will not be able to give you a final opinion. At best, they will suggest to take the risk of a trial with no guarantee of success.

You could probably create a firewall company and proceed, but I suspect that the potential profit is not worth the risk.

•••
I think you've answered your own question..stay away from TMs..you cant a VR on the end and think it will be ok..there are so many words that aren't TMd..just pick one of those

Think of registering ToyotaVR.com or CompaqVR.com...its the same thing

What was your plan for the name..the same industry as the TM?

See this company name I found is being used by two companies 1 adult thee other a child learning org. Lol. You'll probably figure out the company name from that description. I just think this name can also be used for gaming and not adult just like whoever registered kayakvr.com. can be the travel site or actual kayaking niche.

And since it can be used for gaming figure sit on it. But the TM holder contacts me to buy it.

No good ?

Thanks by the way for taking the time to give your input. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back