Dynadot

question Type-In Traffic Vs Search Traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Blues Brother

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone, I've found a keyword that receives over 1 million searches a month but nobody has registered the dot com domain for it. It's not trademarked. I got this stat from Google Keyword Planner.

From your experience, how much direct navigation traffic do your sites typically get? Does high search volume translate into high type-in traffic volume?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it an exact match or broad searches?

•••
Upvote 0
Hi everyone, I've found a keyword that receives over 1 million searches a month but nobody has registered the dot com domain for it. It's not trademarked. I got this stat from Google Keyword Planner.

From your experience, how much direct navigation traffic do your sites typically get? Does high search volume translate into high type-in traffic volume?

Thanks

It is telling that you think you might have found a potential gold mine, but are reluctant to spend just $10 to find out.

•••
Upvote 0
It is telling that you think you might have found a potential gold mine, but are reluctant to spend just $10 to find out.
Indeed, I would have regged that in an instance. Unless it is a super long tail keyword with 60 characters.

•••
Upvote 0
think about your self lets say you want to find a plumber in new york do you think you will be typing in newyorkplumber.com ? or searching on google ? try to focus on ranking for a keyword which owning the exact match can help(much less than back in the day btw) then traffic will come in

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
All .com dictionary keywords are registered.
However everything is possible and probably it's a new word.
I suggest you to register the domain and then share the word for a feedback.
As said the trial is worth 10$

•••
Upvote 0
Update April l 18th:

I bought the domain and so far I've received only 5 visits in the last 2 days according to Sedo. What a bummer. Goes to show you can't believe traffic stats. The traffic was exact match as well.

•••
Upvote 0
Update April l 18th:

I bought the domain and so far I've received only 5 visits in the last 2 days according to Sedo. What a bummer. Goes to show you can't believe traffic stats. The traffic was exact match as well.
May we know the domain?

•••
Upvote 0
May we know the domain?
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I missed this reply. The domain is JustinBeba.com. Justin Beba is a nickname for popstar Justin Bieber. It's not yet trademarked. Your input on this matter is highly appreciated. Thanks.

•••
Upvote 0
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I missed this reply. The domain is JustinBeba.com. Justin Beba is a nickname for popstar Justin Bieber. It's not yet trademarked. Your input on this matter is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Since when? Google doesn't return anything relevant on Justin Beba. Just some random twitters and such.

If you were looking on expireddomains.net, they give all typos the same search volume as the original term for some reason. That domain wouldn't have been available in the first place if it was so valuable. You won't hand reg a gold mine, at least not something that will pay off in the near future.

That's alright. Everybody tries and gets burned. I know I've burned myself many times thinking I found a hidden gem.

•••
Upvote 0
When using GKP to research multi-word names, jam the whole sld.tld in quotes with no spaces and hope for the best. It parses “justinbeba.com” vs “justinbieber.com” better than how it conflates “justin beba” and “justin bieber”.

•••
Upvote 0
I have tons of exact match domains.
Expired domains .net, key search and google planner all give different estimates.
Traffic doesn’t equate to type in traffic.
I’ve tried exact match domains, typos, and domains with good backlinks. There doesn’t seem to be a consistentancy between what I buy and what does / doesn’t make money on Bodis:
And… even if people do visit the ads, they don’t always click. I have a domain that is a nickname for a person and a place. Thousands of visits, but no clicks yet. I keep putting in good keywords into the suggested terms, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back