• 2nd

No, it stinks

votes
    0.0%

• 2 votes
  • Ended 20 years ago
  • Final results
Impact
Hey guys, its Josh here. well, some of you may know, some of you may not, but i have my hosting with 1and1, and i got it FREE for 3 years, no strings. No, i have like 500 mb, and 4-5 Gig bw, and im hardly using any, so i though, why let that go to waste? So here is what i want to do...
I think ill give away 300 megs total, so the first 100 will be split into 20 megs each. The second hundred will be 33 megs each. hehe, i get the 1 meg left over :p. The finall hundred is going to be two 50's.
Now, i know i said this was free, but for the two 50s, i would really appreciat a NP donation, im not gonna withold the space from you, but it would be nice. 50 NP's would be great, and 100 if you rich :D
Ok, here is how im gonna do this, for the 20's and 33's, you will get your own folder, and its gonna be like http://www.vitoxwebdesign.com/yourname
I'm sorry for this annoying domain, lol, but its like a year old, i havent used it for a while, and ya..
For the 50's im considering opening FTP's for you, but the others will have to email me there stuff (hey, 20 megs is nottin :p)
Ok, i think that about covers it, oh ya, no adult/offensive/illegal content. I cant gurantee uptime, but ive never had any down time in the about year ive had it, slightly less. 1and1 gurantees 99% ut, so..
Also, if youve got a host already, please dont take on, i want this to be free quality hosting for some new people that donet have or cant afford it.
Well, thought it was a good idea, wanted to give something back to the community.
Good luck all!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thats a pretty good deal people

i think some NP would be nice... and PM him for more details BTW

•••
lol, thanks garret, PM's are fine, but so is just posting here.

•••
Auction what's left of the hosting in our marketplace for NP$. :p

•••
but that wouldnt be free would it, haha, i might, i dunno...

•••
Yeah, but they'll have to make a NP$ donation to you, anyhow. So you could merely auction it off to one person for a sum of NP$ in the marketplace.

•••
ok, i think i might, since no one is biting here. (anybody know why?) how many NP would you suggest for 100mb?

•••
I say you start the auction without a reserve. It didn't cost you any money after all. ;)

•••
thats true. You think people will buy?

•••
Well, I'm sure people will bid on two years free hosting. There was an auction earlier for hosting and quite a few people began bidding.

•••
ok, kewl I think i will.

•••
Sure. Good luck with the sale!

•••
thanks! i dont suppose i can close this thread?

•••
Ask the moderators of this forum to do it.

•••
k. Well, one 50 has been taken, so ill leave it open for now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back