Dynadot

discuss Two Brand Domains Registered by Seller Have Been Sold to End-user on DN.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DN.com

VIP Member
DN.com Staff
Impact
Recently, the domain name investor Cai Guangtao (WeChat/QQ: 506179788) broke the news that the Cypriot forex firm Fortfs clinched a deal with him on DN.COM, an international domain escrow platform, acquiring its company's relevant brand domain name fortfs.cn/.com.cn.

Fortfs purchased two brand domains

It is reported that Fortfs’s official website domain name is fortfs.com and the company focuses on improving trading efficiency through their brokerage services.

Cai said, "I registered these two domain names out of interest. I work in this industry and at that time, I found many foreign exchange dealers began to enter Chinese market and the foreign exchange industry enlarges quickly. Some time ago, Fortfs participated in investment banking financial fair in Shanghai. They were interested in their brand domains and we established a strategic cooperative relationship thereafter."

Fortfs.cn and fortfs.com.cn were registered in 2014. These two domains have been transferred to Fortfs currently. Most of domain names Cai Guangtao holds relate to foreign exchange, such as caiforex.com (财汇: Finance and forex), waihui.ren (外汇waihui: foreign exchange; ren: people), woaiwaihui.com (我爱外汇: I love foreign exchange) and so on. In addition, he also has a large number of .CN domain names relevant to forex brokers.

Seller’s personal investment experience

For the domain name investment, Cai Guangtao has some views to share:

"For the domain name investment, I think the most important thing is interest. I once got to know domains when I tried to establish websites in university. Secondly, you must have a general judgment and then conduct a layout in advance, or else you are not able to seize the opportunity when it comes, such as 5N/6N.com domains."

"Recently I invest many domains related to digital currency, virtual currency and Bitcoin technology. The Central Bank has launched a relevant conference and the future trend has been very clear. There will be more opportunities in 2016 and I would also invest other types of domain names."

"If you don’t have large amount of money, it might as well start from your own industry. You may have advantages than others because you are more familiar with them and it’s also time-saving. You may receive profits with little capital provided with accurate judgment in advance. "

"Owning the registered domain name which target end-users, you could wait for the best opportunity if you are not facing extreme financial scarcity for the domain registration and renewal fees are not so expensive. If the budget is adequate, it would be better to invest some hard currency for they will become more and more valuable for sure."

More examples of domains bought by end-users recently

Through Cai’s sharing, we believe you must benefit from it more or less. In fact, there are plenty of examples that domains which are registered by sellers have been acquired by end-users:

xunzhiyin.com(寻知音: looking for bosom friends)was registered in Jan, 2016 and was purchased by 辽宁寻知音网络科技.

meizhene.com(美着呢: so beautiful, quite pleased)was registered in Jan, 2016 and was purchased by北京美到家科技有限公司.

cuncunle.com.cn(村村乐, cun: village; le: happy)was registered in Oct, 2015 and was purchased by 北京村村乐科技有限公司.

resources: http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MjM...1&sn=5e48567609ebec3a8f509ecbbbd316d8&scene=0

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Seems more like a classic case of cyber squatting on someone else's brand in a ccTLD to me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back