IT.COM

.tv .TV Screensaver Development Idea

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just had a idea come to me... TV Screensavers. You know people are going to want them since most likely the future TV sets will be hooked into a network and therefore kept on "most of the time".

I think dot TV is an absolute fit for a venture like this. So without so much as a few keystrokes, I managed to "find" (today), www.Scenery.TV (21 Million Google for word only/21K OVT w/o ext)

note: A quick search of the top screensavers told me "Scenery" is a very popular search.

...With future TV sets most likely being hung on a wall "Scenery.TV" is making even more sense to me.

FINAL THOUGHT: Things that "worked" on the internet, the selling of digital "products" will flow right on into the "internet TV" revolution. To capatilize on this with .TV domains is something to think about.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great Idea IZO you really have some good ones will you have the time to bring them to fruition ? If I can help let me know once you get this built I think linking with all developed .tvs here will be a big help make it ubiquitous when people see Scenery.tv they find it on other .tvs and tv related names like Johntv's mytv.net great looking site JOHN that looks cool Like what a tv related domain should be looking like. IMO

•••
That's the way to think outside the box! :tu: :laugh:

•••
equity78 said:
Great Idea IZO you really have some good ones will you have the time to bring them to fruition ?

Chopper.TV will definitely be coming online. It's going to be fairly "straight foward". Scenery.TV is another one that will definitely come online. I'm hoping once up, Elequa will have pity on me and put a link off his Scenery.com site to help kickstart things--lol. Because I think this "TV Screensaver" idea will absolutely work, I'm going to use, Hyperspace.TV as another "TV screensaver" destination (sights and sounds from deepspace!!) The sci-fi crowd is the big 18-25 market that is much sought after by advertisers. MensFitness.TV and WomensFitness.TV would have to start out much smaller than I originally planned. A lot of "man hours" I don't have would be needed to find the "right" personal trainers.

My other .TV domains, Glue.TV and BookClub.TV will have to wait for now as it will take quite a bit of focus to get the other ones off the ground. Ones those are up and running, I would love to become a "Serial TV" Entrepreneur!

One last thing to mention which could hamper things. I am a perfectionist when it comes to my work. If you'll notice a lot of my sites have logos on them, but nothing else. This is because I absolutely refuse to put up a site that is not appealing or functional. I'm going to have to get over it, and put my best foot forward. It's funny because I realize that even the best companies out there didn't start out "perfect". The founders knew they needed to get a product out there, then tweaked things as they went along.

Wish me luck, oh, and if you haven't visited, www.maniaTV.com you really need to. Pretty cool. Shame they don't own www.manic.TV

Last edited:
•••
izo-pod said:
I am a perfectionist when it comes to my work. If you'll notice a lot of my sites have logos on them, but nothing else. This is because I absolutely refuse to put up a site that is not appealing or functional. I'm going to have to get over it, and put my best foot forward. It's funny because I realize that even the best companies out there didn't start out "perfect". The founders knew they needed to get a product out there, then tweaked things as they went along.
izo - DO move forward with develpopment even if it isn't perfect. The main reason people don't succeed, not just in domaining, but in all areas is because they either don't Act or they keep waiting untill everything is perfect. And we all know that usually it will never be perfect the first time. If one avenue doesn't work, or isn't quite right, it's allot easier to adjust and react to what needs to be done when you have Something to work from. Without failure, you never learn. Without starting, you never move.

I've thrown alot of money down the tubes this last year or so learning the ropes. Like buying a number of Three Character dot coms not understanding the difference between Three Letter and Character; Buying websites that I had no clue how to continue developing, etc... I still don't have a clue on many things involved with domaining, monitizing, and developing, but I'm getting there bit by bit. I think you're headed in the right direction, just keep tweeking and learning - you'll be there. Best of luck. (and don't forget to list your developed .tv on Launched.tv ;) )

•••
Here's a name available along the same lines; Soothing.tv

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back