Domain Empire

.tv .TV Premium Auction at SEDO - Starts April 1st 2010!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
sedo.co.uk/search/searchresult.php4?tracked=&partnerid=&language=e&auctionevent=tvPremium

Just found it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i'm at least as driung as u my good irie frend.

Last edited:
•••
i'm at least as driung as u my good irie frend.

Fin,
you've had too much green beer today.
You know you shouldn't be drunk typing!

•••
Last edited:
•••
i'm at least as driung as u my good irie frend. the auction may start in 2 weeks but the big news is in 2 days.

Hmm, the rumors are flying... ;)

•••
Makis I was not talking to you when I said Mike, I was talking to Hull, I know your name. I was not on all day, but Mark Klein left a comment on my blog. I see Snoop posted it, so at least we know under $5000 reserve.

thank you and sorry :)
I read the comment on your blog, this will create huge publicity over the auction.

•••
no one can have too much beer today!

:lol:
You're right!

Hmm, the rumors are flying... ;)

I just read a Verisign press release about existing Premium .tv owners.
Anyone who owns premium .tv's will now have to pay double to pick up the slack of the 115 old Premiums that Verisign will be losing money on.

•••
burp

Last edited:
•••
Snoop, I'm not attacking you personally.. just wondering about all the advice you're handing out:

Personally I feel some people are listening, people are changing their ways with these names. "Realization" is setting in.

LOL. You're kidding, right? Seriously? Here's some "realization" for you: your words are falling on deaf ears... get used to it. Who's advice/actions carry more weight in this industry? Yours? Or people who are carefully watched by the entire industry? You may have a following right now, a loyal audience, but some of them will begin to question you & say: "SNOOP says do this, but why is F.S. doing the opposite?"

While you were sleeping at the wheel... actually... while you were giving out advice AGAINST .TV premiums, telling people they are WORTHLESS... FS, NC, PH and some other high profile, recognized leaders who are both domainers & developers, did the exact opposite thing you advised & seized the day... battling with each other, deep into midnight...

Hmmm... Naysayers on their side giving out advice...
VS
some of the biggest names in the industry...

NO CONTEST.

When your audience hears the news, and finally digests what's happened between yesterday and tomorrow... and weighs it against your sage advice, your followers will know the truth. I'd love to see the look on your face.

All the naysayers can try to rain on this parade all they like, or scream all they want about ridiculous lawsuits...

.TV has the makings of being a JUGGERNAUT... whether you like it or not.

But, perhaps I'm wrong... we'll find out in the near future: ;)
http://www.namepros.com/dot-tv/645508-im-back-future-news-friday-march.html

•••
With reserves below $5k, if the domains don't get major final sale prices, this could also be the end of .tv

Sorry to be playing devil's advocate here.

Does this mean Verisign will remove all premium renewals from existing domains too eventually? Or is that too far reaching a conclusion?

•••
With reserves below $5k, if the domains don't get major final sale prices, this could also be the end of .tv

How so? Even if a great keyword goes for only $10K? That's a win for the buyer, leaves room for upside. If you're a flipper, you're happy you got it low, if you're a developer, you've got more funds to put into your project, right? If they sell for high, great... sell for low ;) even better... but it will increase buzz, awareness, aftermarket activity, more buyers, sellers, etc... and chatter focused on .TV

Sorry to be playing devil's advocate here.

Does this mean Verisign will remove all premium renewals from existing domains too eventually? Or is that too far reaching a conclusion?

for LEGACY .TV premium holders before 3/19/2010 - time will tell.
for new premiums bought after 3/19/2010... here's a news report from the future:
http://www.namepros.com/dot-tv/645508-im-back-future-news-friday-march.html
I suspect you'll know the official answer in less than 24 hours.

•••
We won't have to hear a buyer say to us, the premium renewal is too high because those days are over!!!

•••
How so? Even if a great keyword goes for only $10K?
Especially so, if a domain which had an annual renewal of $50k only gets a $10k bid with standard renewal, how exactly is that a good thing.

Then there is the sliding scale, if business.tv = $10k, whatchamacallit.tv isn't even worth reg fee is it?

Again, this is all hypothetical, removal of premium renewals should help... at least in principle. Reality might be just the opposite.

•••
We won't have to hear a buyer say to us, the premium renewal is too high because those days are over!!!

Are ALL of these excessive "Premium renewal fees" gone from all Premium .TV domains forever? :-/ :yell:

I agree that the reality here is not what some folks think / hope it's going to be, IMHO. :guilty:

Good Luck,
Jeff B-)

•••

they will sell, that much is practically gauranteed.

If they dont then there will still remain the cloud of confusion that's plauged .tv for a decade.

If they want to hand the loyal buyers a bone they could just say all premium fees off effective immediately. More likely is that they make us pay one more year and then it drops, just as if we were brand new buyers - and I have no problem with that. What would suck nutz is if they do nothing. Obviously they are under no legal obligation to do so but as a practical matter it would certainly undermine their efforts to reinvigorate the market for .tv.

•••
If they dont then there will still remain the cloud of confusion that's plauged .tv for a decade.

If they want to hand the loyal buyers a bone they could just say all premium fees off effective immediately. More likely is that they make us pay one more year and then it drops, just as if we were brand new buyers - and I have no problem with that. What would suck nutz is if they do nothing. Obviously they are under no legal obligation to do so but as a practical matter it would certainly undermine their efforts to reinvigorate the market for .tv.

^ Thank you for the candid discussion, and professional opinion. :gl:

Regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
Im very curious about the remaining premiums, I mean, were there not thousands of premium reserved domains?

These are obviously chosen for their quality and lack of TM association.

My questions:

What will they do with the remaining Premium renewal domains, are they going to release them into the wild, no premium renewal, would it be at a specific date and time? If so, that would be quite an event. If it were to happen, I would imagine it would follow the conclusion of the sedo auction. I remember when they released the NFL teams all at once, one minute they were premium, the next they were available to register at godaddy for standard renewal.

What happens to existing premium holders? Seems rather silly to charge top dollar for mid-high range domains when the cream of the crop is all standard renewal.

Maybe all this has been covered in this extensive thread, but I didnt want to read all the other bs to get to the issue.

Last edited:
•••
Im very curious about the remaining premiums, I mean, were there not thousands of premium reserved domains?

These are obviously chosen for their quality and lack of TM association.

My questions:

What will they do with the remaining Premium renewal domains, are they going to release them into the wild, no premium renewal, would it be at a specific date and time? If so, that would be quite an event. If it were to happen, I would imagine it would follow the conclusion of the sedo auction. I remember when they released the NFL teams all at once, one minute they were premium, the next they were available to register at godaddy for standard renewal.

What happens to existing premium holders? Seems rather silly to charge top dollar for mid-high range domains when the cream of the crop is all standard renewal.

Maybe all this has been covered in this extensive thread, but I didnt want to read all the other bs to get to the issue.

^ Good questions ... in order to get to the substance, IMHO. :!: :yell:

Best,
Jeff B-)

•••
While you were sleeping at the wheel... actually... while you were giving out advice AGAINST .TV premiums, telling people they are WORTHLESS... FS, NC, PH and some other high profile, recognized leaders who are both domainers & developers, did the exact opposite thing you advised & seized the day... battling with each other, deep into midnight...

What the heck are you talking about? Is this more "under the radar-stealth mode" commentry?

•••
What the heck are you talking about? Is this more "under the radar-stealth mode" commentry?

Actually he's right. Been a lot of regging activity since last night.

A lot of people have picked up a lot of premium .tv at premiums but w/ standard renewals. And a lot of people have picked up a lot of rubbish at regular registration and renewal pricing. :p

Interesting times.

Last edited:
•••
Marlowe the nfl just dropped those names some got premium and still are, others were non premium.

Two different things happened, someone like Discover Now and Frank Schilling they paid premiums last night. Today there was a glitch that let a premium .tv be regged at another registrar for $25. No one knows if they will keep those .tv.

There is talk current premium holders will get a buyout or maybe go straight to non premium renewal.

•••
Marlowe the nfl just dropped those names some got premium and still are, others were non premium.

Two different things happened, someone like Discover Now and Frank Schilling they paid premiums last night. Today there was a glitch that let a premium .tv be regged at another registrar for $25. No one knows if they will keep those .tv.

There is talk current premium holders will get a buyout or maybe go straight to non premium renewal.

From an equitable perspective, I just don't see how existing premium holders should continue paying anything more. If their renwal is the 21st, it should be reg fee, if its in six months - same thing.

Only a few players took on real risk in the extension, buying premiums in a DEAD market. I believe them to be Fin, Mr Rhee, Jim,Jimbo, . and a few other players. They should be rewarded for the risk they took on, not penalized with heavyweight premium renewals.

Plus, if anyone is considering bringing in developers to develop their names, it would happen a lot quicker without being weighed down with xx,xxx annual renewal fees.

Now, what the hell should I do till 1.00am EST (clear favoritism to the West Coast Squad!!)

•••
From an equitable perspective, I just don't see how existing premium holders should continue paying anything more. If their renwal is the 21st, it should be reg fee, if its in six months - same thing.

Only a few players took on real risk in the extension, buying premiums in a DEAD market. I believe them to be Fin, Mr Rhee, Jim,Jimbo, . and a few other players. They should be rewarded for the risk they took on, not penalized with heavyweight premium renewals.

To me it wouldn't make sense for Verisign to make them standard renewal fees without something in return. They have people signed up at say $1500/yr, why just give away that revenue stream? There is likely endusers paying $5000, $10,000, $20,000 renewals. Verisign is on the other side, they aren't into rewarding people.

Personally I think what is likely is a buyout offer based on a number of years renewals and probably based on known drop rates. I do agree the premium renewal names held by domainers should be walked away from in the main.

•••

Absolutely - Positively!

But this is all under the presumption that ALL Premiums are gone.

Otherwise if all Premiums aren't gone and they are just cherry picking,
well then that would create a logistical nightmare.

We shall see.

•••
Especially so, if a domain which had an annual renewal of $50k only gets a $10k bid with standard renewal, how exactly is that a good thing.

Then there is the sliding scale, if business.tv = $10k, whatchamacallit.tv isn't even worth reg fee is it?

Again, this is all hypothetical, removal of premium renewals should help... at least in principle. Reality might be just the opposite.

Reality in domaining is always a good thing. The curtain is going to be raised on .tv valuations in coming months. If the low quality domains aren't worth much that is life. Indeed it should be obvious that low quality keyword shouldn't be worth much, but for those who can't see it, the truth will be up in lights.

I think what we'll see is the eventual realization by most that until March 19th 2010, most people were just throwing money away in .tv. That will be a good thing. People can dust themselves off, drop the mistakes of the past, and throw money at something with actual value.

•••
In advance of the (now being hyped) April 1st Sedo auction ... some "Buzz" seems to have been created here in the forums, there are some folks that now may have a sour taste in their mouths, and a few .TV registrants may have acquired a small percentage of former Premium .TV domains at regular renewal prices, and, finally, there is still quite a bit of confusion and unanswered questions;
If there are lots of people dropping their existing Premium .TV's (and they should, based on the new favorable pricing structure!) ... this will put further downward pressure on prices across the board, including those in the upcoming Sedo auction IMHO. :gl:

Do we know, definitively, the respective "Reserve prices" ... and whether the auction domains have :$: Premium renewals or Standard yearly renewals (or somewhere in between depending on the Registrar)? :blink:

Thanks,
Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back