Dynadot

.tv TV.com vs .TV

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Curious as to the forum's view as to valuation / turnover for the same keyword assuming normal renewal (premium renewal .TV domains are harder to sell)

KeywordTV.com

vs.

Keyword.TV

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No debate.
3 more characters to a keywordtv.com as opposed to keyword.tv
.TV blows away tv.com - True Story.

•••
My preference is for .TV because it is shorter but the .COM renewals are lower. Domain investors should not lose sight of the fact that it is not what we think is cool that matters but what end users want and are willing to pay for.

•••
Not much discussion on this topic. I guess the diehard .TVers will say TV.com is only a defensive reg. I would argue that if you believe your .TV is worth $XXXX or more make sure the TV.com is not available for reg fee. I have seen a few $XXX and low $XXXX sales in TV.com but have not noticed any five-figure TV.com sales. There have been quite a few reported five-figure .TV sales. So that might be an indication that for the same keyword .TV is valued over TV.com.

•••
I stayed away from the keywordtv dot coms, and looking back that was probably a mistake. At this point I have a minimal number of domains, though, not sure how many .coms I would have ended up holding for years.

Of course, I think when folks around here announced all the great .tvs they picked up years ago, a few others went about picking up the tv.com versions of those same domains. Could be wrong about that. :xf.love:

•••
Someone saw an opportunity in geo TV.com a few years ago and seized that opportunity. I have found myself in a couple of auctions against him for geotv.com domains but my wallet won't allow me to bid aggressively (no track record of even mid-$XXXX sales so I have to be conservative with acquisitions). However, I recently picked up SantoDomingoTV.com

•••
I dropped all my TV.com names (or sold them for a firesale price here), including any GeoTV.com or SportTV.com names I owned. Didn't get any interest in them.

•••
Not counting NameJet sales, I've sold three five-letter domains ending in •••tv.com in 2018 so far. These were three separate sales for $4200, $3200, and $1800.

•••
Sold two more in June, 2018.
NKDTV•COM $2500 AACTV•COM $4500

•••
Interesting i have never understood the LLLLL market. 'LL can be a short way to express two words and I guess LLL can be a shortener for three words. But let me think

Real Estate Agent - REATV. (Looks strange to me)
Track and Field - TAFTV. (A fan of sprint competitions but do not like this)
West Palm Beach - WPBTV ( i think local TV station uses this)
Certified Public Accountant - CPATV (maybe)
National Football League - NFLTV (perhaps)

•••
I still like the word "channel" with .Tv

•••
if both are available i'd grab both along with the .net , and yes i'd call that a defensive reg .

Last edited:
•••
if both are available i'd grab both along with the .net , and yes i'd call that a defensive reg .
Yeah, that's clever.
I registerred a .TV and half a year later somebody put after that keyword
TV.com. And then wanted for only 3 figure the dot-tv. Then I kne that it is important what you wrote.

•••
I have bought one .tv for personal use and made sure to purchase tv.com version as well (hand reg both).

I am using tv.com version presently for email and forwarding to an instagram page, while planning the real project on .tv

•••
JUST SOLD
Domain Name: PBNTV•COM
Date: 3/1/19
Venue: Afternic
Price: $1880 (net proceeds $1504)
Type: BIN
Investment: $19 (hand reg on 4/23/2017 plus renewals)

•••
How many examples are there of serious development on keyword + tv.net?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back