NameSilo

.tv .tv as an extension?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
I just picked up my first domain with the .tv extension. The domain is H2OSports.tv. Anyone know anything about the extension .tv? Anyone seen it used? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You've never heard the term "first time"? Rod, there's a first time for everything! There's a first time you tied your shoes, the first time you smiled, the first time you laughed and the first time you learned to read and write....I could go on and on, but there's no end in sight. What I'm still missing about this industry is domainers fear of loosing money...gee, it's only money, and not a lot of money at that. Not only do I tend to shoot from the hip, and I'm sure this comes across as arrogance, but I tend to be more successful when someone challenges me, and "I can't be any more clear". Your point about developing certain names vs. selling them is a good one, and the fact that I'm developing First Car Memories, makes me a "potential buyer" for FirstMemories.tv, should I be successful. Make sense?
The best way I can describe it is as follows, as mentioned .tv is a quirky extension, some things work and some don't. As I write this Rods.Tv is available. Now when compared to Rod.Tv there is a lack of branding appeal to the plural. ( imho ) The singular just sounds better, Pet.Tv or Pets.Tv ..... the first one of course. Two words with .Tv is perhaps even less appealing. I am not sure how my first memories would translate into a .Tv site. Hey I wish you well but I am just suggesting to do your research before registering a domain name. The attitude of it's only money is fun for the first year but once you have regged a name that has received no offers for five years it starts to add up! Consider that for that same 5 x $30 years of reg you may get a better quality name right here at Namepros and start your Dev on a better foundation. Cheers!

•••
Consider that for that same 5 x $30 years of reg you may get a better quality name right here at Namepros and start your Dev on a better foundation. Cheers!

It's a great point.
With XXX you can but 10-15-20 .tv names for reg fee or a decent .tv on the aftermarket.
If you can't sell the decent name next year it will be 30$ in renewal. If you can't sell the 10-15-20 names it will be XXX in renewals

•••
Those are yours to own as long as you keep renewing them. You can lease them out, sell them, sell them with a rent to own, payment plans, whatever you want.

@*AllThings.tv* had a cool story of a rent to own payment plan 1 year structure for Pimp.tv. i believe he took a chunk of money down and created 12 monthly payments for renters to rent to own.

Here it is - https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-tv-sales-here.423232/page-21#post-4042227

Thanks Vito...while I said I "probably" wouldn't be buying any more .tv domains, I lied:xf.frown:, I just purchased funentertainment.tv to go along with this; https://www.namepros.com/threads/gtlds-fish-or-cut-bait.1061943/
Do you see why I may have bought it?....I just gotta stop fishing, and start selling:xf.wink:

•••
How about LL.TV , I just bought one on Sedo? What would be a decent asking price?

•••
How about LL.TV , I just bought one on Sedo? What would be a decent asking price?
I'm probably not the one to ask since I've been involved in this industry for less than a year. However, besides it being "short" and pretty cool, it could fetch big $$$ from the right buyer. When I see LL, I think of "Love Lucy" like in "I Love Lucy" reruns (just the #1, and one of the longest lasting citcoms on tv history). Regardless, I don't know how much you paid, but I think it has some serious potential. Good Luck!

•••
I'm probably not the one to ask since I've been involved in this industry for less than a year. However, besides it being "short" and pretty cool, it could fetch big $$$ from the right buyer. When I see LL, I think of "Love Lucy" like in "I Love Lucy" reruns (just the #1, and one of the longest lasting citcoms on tv history). Regardless, I don't know how much you paid, but I think it has some serious potential. Good Luck!

The domain is NP.TV

•••
LL.tv can go from mid X.XXX to XX.XXX (or more if they have a meaning).
In any case good catch

•••
•••
•••
•••
About the use of the TV word with internet... I was watching my C's against Golden State and I noticed that Youtube is advertising YouTubeTV service (Youtube.tv is a redirect).
So even they use the TV word.
Please note is a consideration not related to the .tv extension but just about the term "TV"

•••
About the use of the TV word with internet... I was watching my C's against Golden State and I noticed that Youtube is advertising YouTubeTV service (Youtube.tv is a redirect).
So even they use the TV word.
Please note is a consideration not related to the .tv extension but just about the term "TV"
Donnie...I'm guessing you're referring to the Celtics? I'm big into college basketball and especially the ACC where my Wahoo's beat the Blue Devils in Cameron yesterday afternoon. Are you here on the east coast?

You may recall I started this thread, much to the chagrin of the .com old timers who want everyone to think we're wasting our money:xf.grin: I just reg'd the name SurfsUp.live, and then tried to reg the name SurfsUp.tv, but sadly it was taken:xf.frown: It's because I have a friend here in VB that owns a Surf Shop, and a local car dealership that I'd like to share with you, not just my marketing approach for extensions like .live and .tv, but also the responses I get. Bottom line, it's up to entrepreneurs like you and me to introduce these extensions to the world.

•••
Donnie...I'm guessing you're referring to the Celtics? I'm big into college basketball and especially the ACC where my Wahoo's beat the Blue Devils in Cameron yesterday afternoon. Are you here on the east coast?

Yes, Celtics. But I don't live in the US, I live in Spain even if I'm Italian. I'm a huge C's fan, I've gone to the Garden too and I try to watch all matches, even if most are like at 2-3 am for me.

•••
I got a good one, very common and valuable french word Sportif .TV

•••
Those are yours to own as long as you keep renewing them. You can lease them out, sell them, sell them with a rent to own, payment plans, whatever you want.

@*AllThings.tv* had a cool story of a rent to own payment plan 1 year structure for Pimp.tv. i believe he took a chunk of money down and created 12 monthly payments for renters to rent to own.

Here it is - https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-tv-sales-here.423232/page-21#post-4042227

Probably one of my favorite deals to date.

• rent to own payment plan
  • 1 year structure for Pimp.tv
  • chunk of money down
  • created 12 monthly payments
Times must be tough. Even pimps are selling domain names now 😛

Hey! Pimps buy names too, those guys were awesome...ahead of their time.

Estibot is giving it $4,900 ,, good luck
Estibot is a single factor of many that may be considered when buying/selling a domain name. If you rely on it as your post intimates, you and those who you provide guidance may never sell a domain for its end-user value. But awaiting an end user buyer who can execute on a transaction may require going deep and long.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back