Discussion in 'ccTLD Discussion' started by gorilla_bob, Oct 26, 2016.
Outside of short .TV. Even Keyword .TV.
You're wrong on one statement, and incomplete on the other. In FACT, it's Tuvalu. Dot-TV is the ccTLD for the island-nation of Tuvalu. That's just the plain, dull FACT. In practice, and in the world of marketing, it is overwhelmingly considered to mean TeleVision, but that will probably change after US companies are shamed into using their own ccTLD and end-users wise up and get educated. Legally, it can be either because there's no law prohibiting the arbitrary designation of any particular meaning or label to an acronym for a ccTLD. You can say .TV stands for Theodore Vasquez and if you can get someone to believe it, there's nothing illegal about it.
Maybe offer for boss .tv is from bosstv /com,mediabosstv/com.You never can say because tv projects comes with big budgets.Boss/tv is worth more than their offer.
Although .TV is a ccTLD, I believe Tuvalu actually only owns a 20% stake in it.
I don't think so.
Cam.tv sold for 13k, 7 more higher sales in the last year.
10k each was a very good offer. You wont get many of those.
Personally, i would of sold for the rev.tv (and tried to negotiate a higher price) and kept the boss.tv.
If the offers were through brokers, I'm wondering " if " their respective clients will instruct the brokers to increase their offers to acquire the names.
10K is a nice opening offer to purchase so would expect a bit higher follow-up and fairly soon too, if remain seriously interested or else the names may otherwise be sold.
Nuts - no!
Guts - yes!
if cam.tv sold for $13k - then rev and boss tv offers were on the mark.
FYI, Our price point was low 6 figures or high 5 figures. This is why the deal didn't happen.
I'm sure if i price point was lower a deal could have been struck.
rev and boss are good names, but cam is at the top for TV
usa.tv sold for 125K.
nice domains anyway
I couldn' t advice
either way you could be wrong
Yes you are nuts; you operate 2-3 if not more successful businesses which you make a lot of money from. You Created drop catching solution which beats name.com for the premium .tv and see you have acquired much better names than rev.tv and boss.tv.
I wouldn't pay $100 for boss.tv, you come on here and fluant your offers tooting your horn Tan it seems like your getting greedy with your business. I sold better names for way less than 10k than those two.
Ouch..some people are fuming green with envy?
Anyway, imo I think if you got 10K offers initially from professional brokers you did the wrong thing not because you declined those offers but because you DID NOT counter!
It appears from your replies that you decided not to counter. Is that the case? I think that is more so the mistake.
On a $10K offer you can most certainly turn that into a high 5 to 6 figure sale from the buyer. It's very possible. You just didn't seem to try if I'm not mistaken.
In any case, congrats on your success. I don't think you are greedy at all. We're in the biz to make money. Period.
Your wrong, but it doesn't matter anyway. It's a ccTLD for Tuvalu, and will always be that no matter who or what owns it.
IMO, boss.tv is worth more than $10K, but you could have cashed on rev.tv
I don't think you will ever see those offers again....
Contact them ASAP and sell.
Not selling will probably be one of your biggest regrets a couple years from now.
How many nice .coms could I buy, hold or flip with 20k? Hmmmm....Knowing what I know now, quite a few!! Good luck!
I would have accepted, 10K was a decente offer and you could turn that onto 100k in a few years...
I think some are touching on this point above. For 99% of domainers you would take at least one if not both of those offers, or possibly accept rev and counter much higher on boss hoping for a high 5 figure sale knowing you've cashed in on a solid sale on at least 1 name.
However, the OP is likely in no rush or pressure to sell so can play hard in negotiations and if everything breaks down it really doesn't matter. Perhaps they will come back with bigger offers, maybe someone else will come etc. It all depends on your financial situation and thus can't blame the OP turning the offers down.
I don't think you're nuts - only you know what you value your own names at and how those prices fit in with your now personal circumstances.
That said, personally, I would have taken the $10k on REV.tv and countered for BOSS.tv
As for the comment that one of the commenters here has never heard of $10k .tv sales to domainers. I know this may be quite a shock to most people outside the small group who specialise in .tv names but there are quite a lot of five figure sales - even among domainers. I personally have had at least three $10k plus .tv sales to well known domainers here at namepros. None of those sales were for two-letter names.
And yes, as mentioned earlier, USA.tv was recently verified as being sold for $125k (to a domain investor) so high five / low six figures sums are readily achievable.
Finally, if you have the cash and patience to wait then I wish you the best. Personally, I'm getting more in the 'bread today' than the 'jam tomorrow' mode - helped on by the incredible fall in the Pound since Brexit. I own US.tv, as an example, and would easily now sell for high five figures, whereas a few years ago I turned down $70k as being way below my value expectations.
Whatever you do - its nice that you are in a position to have the dilemma of whether to take $20k or leave it on the table
Separate names with a comma.