Domain Empire

Tucows.com Buys NetIdentity.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello all,

Was anyone else aware the Tucows had bought NetIdentity.com ?

They must have one amazing domain portfolio! (Including Luke.net :td:)

http://www.domaindirectnews.com/2006/06/tucows_acquires.html

You may have already read that Tucows has acquired NetIdentity and NamePlanet. Hopefully I can help make some further sense of this.

First things first, Tucows has no plans to substantially change the services offered by NetIdentity and NamePlanet. Everything will be run "as is" for the forseeable future. That's not to say that there won't be any changes, we do want to evolve and improve things, but we're not shutting anything down either.

NetIdentity and NamePlanet will be run by Tucows as part of its retail division, alongside Domain Direct. My responsibility is to run this division. Over the coming months, you will be introduced to other members of our team through this blog. If you have any questions about the future of NamePlanet or NetIdentity, please don't hesitate to drop me a note.

We're all very excited about building on this great foundation and bringing some exciting new services your way. We will definitely keep you informed as things progress - both via email and this weblog.

You should also know that this weblog is very new for us. We feel it is extremely important to have an open line of communication with our subscribers - even in the event of a disaster or other unforseen circumstances. This blog will definitely help us maintain a high level of communication, even if our primary services are completely offline. We've implemented this tool in such a way that it is entirely independent of the rest of our services (which is one of the reasons why the URL of this blog is so different than you might expect!). Be sure to bookmark this page, or subscribe to its feed, so that you can stay on top of our latest news.

Thank you again for your support.

May be 2 month old news, but I feel it deserves a mention

- Luke :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
More acquisitions means increasing VALUE for domains
:tu:

•••
Smart move on their part if you ask me

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back