Dynadot

Trying to aquire a domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm trying to aquire a domain that just points to a search page. I've emailed the owner several times and have recieved no reply. I own a domain ******.org and the other site is ******.com.

Is there anything I can do to get this domain? It doesnt expire until late '06 and I don't want to wait that long for it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What search page is it? Does it say Domain for Sale, or anything of the such?

•••
"xxxxxxxxx.com
Here are some related websites for: xxxxxxxxx.com"

then a list of 'sponsored links'

•••
Maybe he doesn't answer becouse he wants to see how desperate you want to buy that domain. Don't email him anymore. Just wait.

•••
There are a few very large domain owners that ONLY do PPC and never sell their names. This could be one of them. One of them is located in the Caymans, but I can't remember their name.

•••
Actually I have been trying to get Alaskanweb.com since march now and just a few days ago alaskanweb.net opened up so I registered that but I still want the .com name, after you mentioned that one of these people lives in the cayman islands I did a whois search and found out this person lives in the cayman islands. could the owner of Name Administration INC be the person you were referring to. (btw, alaskanweb.com is a PPC search page)

•••
Kjimn said:
Is there anything I can do to get this domain? It doesnt expire until late '06 and I don't want to wait that long for it.

make a decent offer for it?

most of the threads like this go along the lines of people not even making an offer but sending emails like "how much do you want for this domain", unless the seller is desperate or the domain very bad a response is unlikely.

•••
Do a whois and find the name/email address of the owner of the site. Then send them a PM stating that you are very interested in the domain, and to name a price.

•••
alaxsxa said:
Actually I have been trying to get Alaskanweb.com since march now and just a few days ago alaskanweb.net opened up so I registered that but I still want the .com name, after you mentioned that one of these people lives in the cayman islands I did a whois search and found out this person lives in the cayman islands. could the owner of Name Administration INC be the person you were referring to. (btw, alaskanweb.com is a PPC search page)

Yes, that's the one. If yo go to this page, http://nameadmininc.com/about.html you'll see this quote:

1. Is this domain for sale?

We do not sell domain names. We receive 'many' unsolicited offers each day, however our business is that of building and developing each domain name and website into a relevant microportal. We are constantly improving our network to offer more relevant information and advertising content.

2. Everything is for sale, name your price?

Really, we are not holding out for your best offer. Replying to your email and the many we receive like it each day, costs us time; time that could be better spent growing our business. We get so many emails with the same subject, that we do not have the time to physically reply to all of them. If you have an inquiry regarding purchasing traffic in one of our verticals or across our network please send a "detailed" inquiry via our contact page.

Can't hurt to make an offer, but don't be surprised if you either don't get a reply or the price is astronomical.

Good Luck.

•••
Nothing really wrong with their business approach. At least they gave detailed
specifics on how to approach them.

But to answer Kjimn's threat starter, the answer is you either get a reply or
you don't. If you don't, then end of story and move on.

And if you're naughtily thinking of using legal means, then let me borrow a
quote from one of namepros' most distinguished members:

jberryhill said:
No, you can't just wander through life deciding that other people have things that you want, and then wave a magic legal wand to take those things away from them.
Capish?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back