Dynadot

debate Trying Something Drastic!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've decided to shake things up a bit in an effort to at least generate some cash flow for 2022 (zero sales so far).

1 - I reduced DRASTICALLY the Buy It Now Prices on most of my domains (portfolio is about 136 names now) and I did this for about 120 of them. 16 are long term holds if I don't get my price, but the rest I slashed massively...the majority of my names are now priced between 399 and 1488, roughly.

2 - I synced up my BIN prices so that they match across Afternic, Sedo, and DAN. Yes, I am using BINs on all three marketplaces since I think the odds of selling the same name to different buyers is very low (small portfolio)

3 - I may try listing a couple brandable names on Squadhelp if this doesn't generate any sales.

4 -IF I get a sale or two (big IF), I will probably raise a few of the lowest priced names, but just a little. My goal is to generate some type of cashflow for the year to help offset my renewal fees.

Have any of you radically changed your pricing with the hopes of shaki g things up and generating some sales?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I honestly don't think you'll see much of a difference because the market is very much down right now, and averaging $950 - it's still an end user price... Also portfolio is rather small to spot a tendency...
On a flip side - I don't know your names.

Please report if (or once!) the sale is made. Good luck, seriously. (y)(y)

•••
Thanks, Vadim!

I will certainly report back if this triggers any sales or changes anything. I am hoping to see some activity....

•••
So you need 1000-1200 bucks for renewals and you worry so much? I would say don't decrease your prices if your names worth the prices. Just get a job!
IF you sell names for 300-500 bucks, 1 or 2 annually, you will be out of business before you know it.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
So you need 1000-1200 bucks for renewals and you worry so much? I would say don't decrease your prices if your names worth the prices. Just get a job!
IF you sell names for 300-500 bucks, 1 or 2 annually, you will be out of business before you know it.

Good luck!
Lol! I like this advice...I have a job 😁. It's just I need to see some activity to keep me motivated..

•••
If you have a good quality domains hopfully you will get some sales , if some your domains are monitored by some endusers or domainers and in their watchlist , they will recognise the reduced price and will buy .

** i found nothing wrong with your subject , But the sick minded downvoters still alive !!

1667442500451.png

Last edited:
•••
If you have a good quality domains hopfully you will get some sales , if some your domains are monitored by some endusers or domainers and in their watchlist , they will recognise the reduced price and will buy .

** i found nothing wrong with your subject , But the sick minded downvoters still alive !!

Show attachment 226295
Lol. Not sure why my post angered some folks! I am hoping some buyers maybe were watching my names and will be triggered to buy due to my price drop....that's all!

We'll see.

•••
I have ALSO added about 7-8 names that are more brandable types to Squadhelp (Standard Listings).

•••
Even with much more domains, it's not easy to find the best pricing strategy...
Have a look to how hugedomains price their domains and record their sales.
HD have also more data, as they have registrar's data for their domains.

•••
This process has had a positive side-benefit. I hadn't realized that:

1. Not ALL of my domains were listedon Afternic (I dropped the ball on a bunch that were still listed by previous owners). I have cleaned this up.

2. My domains were pointing to various places: some to Sedo Parking pages, some to Sedo For Sale Landers, a bunch to Afternic, but all different landers, several to DAN etc etc. It's hard to judge what's working with such a mess. I have updated ALL 136 domains to Afternic NS5/NS6 where they will remain for the next 12 months EXCEPT for the 4-5 that earn parking revenue (these will still be listed on Afternic and Dan, as well).

Hope this is helpful

•••
Thanks David. Yes I look at HugeDomains, NameBio and the Completed Sales thread here

•••
Don't expect your bins to be showing on ns5/ns6
My 1.name going to them does not show the bin and it hasnt changed in a long time.
Thread(s) here about people having this issue. With only daddy seeing the stats too, probable nameserver change(s) within projected 12 month period

•••
Don't expect your bins to be showing on ns5/ns6
My 1.name going to them does not show the bin and it hasnt changed in a long time.
Thread(s) here about people having this issue. With only daddy seeing the stats too, probable nameserver change(s) within projected 12 month period
My BuyItNow prices all show on NS5/6 UNLESS the domain is 'In Review'

Domains go into 'In Review' if They Are Newly Listed, If You Unlock Them, If You Request Transfer Code, probably a couple other reasons....I believe

•••
Generally speaking, yes, reducing prices of any product in the market should lead to more sales. But it does not necessary mean more profits overall - for example keeping the prices high and making just 1 large sale as opposed to 3 small ones. It's a game theory with no clear answer, and depends on factors which one should do their best to evaluate.

I wondered if it's a better strategy to keep domain prices the same across all marketplaces (Dan, Sedo, Afternic, etc.) and "shook things up" a while ago by making my sedo domains priced at low 3-figures and making them priced 4-figs on other platforms. I actually ended up having a few sales on Sedo only during the following months, which had been idle prior. Moderate profits, but it "worked", perhaps as a way to show a domain as discounted and thus more attractive in the eyes of potentials buyers who compare the prices across platforms.
As noted above by another user, 3-fig sales are not sustainable to maintaining a portfolio, so I wouldn't recommend it in the long term.

•••
Generally speaking, yes, reducing prices of any product in the market should lead to more sales. But it does not necessary mean more profits overall - for example keeping the prices high and making just 1 large sale as opposed to 3 small ones. It's a game theory with no clear answer, and depends on factors which one should do their best to evaluate.

I wondered if it's a better strategy to keep domain prices the same across all marketplaces (Dan, Sedo, Afternic, etc.) and "shook things up" a while ago by making my sedo domains priced at low 3-figures and making them priced 4-figs on other platforms. I actually ended up having a few sales on Sedo only during the following months, which had been idle prior. Moderate profits, but it "worked", perhaps as a way to show a domain as discounted and thus more attractive in the eyes of potentials buyers who compare the prices across platforms.
As noted above by another user, 3-fig sales are not sustainable to maintaining a portfolio, so I wouldn't recommend it in the long term.
Interesting strategy....I wondered about this too: purposely pricing one marketplace a bit lower.

Your other advice is appreciated, as well!

•••
what is your lander? Most landers are showing up blank for 20 million + potential buyers that use ublock origin. This industry keeps ignoring this, but all your discounts won't matter if your pages are blank unless the user visits afternic etc directly.

Even one of godaddy's pages now are blank (not my domain) http://usebloom.com/ for ublock origin users

Parts of squadhelp blank, bodis blank, some sedo and gd landers blank etc.

•••
Do we have Sales Data of HD? Thanks.

•••
what is your lander? Most landers are showing up blank for 20 million + potential buyers that use ublock origin. This industry keeps ignoring this, but all your discounts won't matter if your pages are blank unless the user visits afternic etc directly.

Even one of godaddy's pages now are blank (not my domain) http://usebloom.com/ for ublock origin users

I didnt realize this was such a huge issue....I use my smartphone for domaining so I guess I don't notice.

I assume these blockers are PC based? I will view my landers from desktop and laptop.

Thank you,

•••
I didnt realize this was such a huge issue....I use my smartphone for domaining so I guess I don't notice.

I assume these blockers are PC based? I will view my landers from desktop and laptop.

Thank you,
Forgot to answer your question: I moved almost all my domains to Afternic NS5/6 except for 4 or 5 that earn some parking rev.

I DID notice, however, that my highest earning parked name went from about $7-8$ per month to about $1 per month back in May or June. This ublock etc could be why.

I didn't think static Sales-Only landers were affected by Ad Blockers. I will check myself.

Thank you!

•••
Forgot to answer your question: I moved almost all my domains to Afternic NS5/6 except for 4 or 5 that earn some parking rev.

I DID notice, however, that my highest earning parked name went from about $7-8$ per month to about $1 per month back in May or June. This ublock etc could be why.

I didn't think static Sales-Only landers were affected by Ad Blockers. I will check myself.

Thank you!

This process has had a positive side-benefit. I hadn't realized that:

1. Not ALL of my domains were listedon Afternic (I dropped the ball on a bunch that were still listed by previous owners). I have cleaned this up.

2. My domains were pointing to various places: some to Sedo Parking pages, some to Sedo For Sale Landers, a bunch to Afternic, but all different landers, several to DAN etc etc. It's hard to judge what's working with such a mess. I have updated ALL 136 domains to Afternic NS5/NS6 where they will remain for the next 12 months EXCEPT for the 4-5 that earn parking revenue (these will still be listed on Afternic and Dan, as well).

Hope this is helpful
Some othet things I have done:

This thread is about trying to ignite some sales/cashflow by giving your domains the greatest exposure (i.e. chance for sales success).

But ALSO about reducing expenses. By reducing expenses enough, your total sales revenue doesnt need to be as high.

I don't know how I missed this, but GD has something called a Discount Domainers Club. I just joined for 12 months for $238. That's pricey BUT I have about 100 Dot Coms coming up for renewal at $20 each. Thats $2k...

This membership has reduced my renewal price to $9.63 per DOT Com domain (says $9.45 on website, but maybe some small tax or increase). So, instead of blindly paying $2k, I have now reduced this upcoming expense to roughly $963 + $238 = $1201 (or a savingsof $800).

Perhaps everyone knew this already (I didn't). One click of a button saved me over $800 annually (not all my domains are Dot Coms and other extensions, while cheaper to renew now, may not be as heavily discounted.

•••
@gericsb Even with DDC, they're still more expensive than standard pricing at e.g. Porkbun (including ICANN fee).

•••

I think you may be confusing for sale landers with parking pages that have for sale banners. I haven't come across any pure landers that are affected by ad blockers. Afternic and Sedo for sale landers display just fine with ad blockers enabled.

•••
I think you may be confusing for sale landers with parking pages that have for sale banners. I haven't come across any pure landers that are affected by ad blockers. Afternic and Sedo for sale landers display just fine with ad blockers enabled.
If you read what I wrote you will see I am confusing nothing. I am very clear.

•••
@gericsb Even with DDC, they're still more expensive than standard pricing at e.g. Porkbun (including ICANN fee).
Future Sensors.....yes, I see that myself. Years ago, I had domains at multiple different Registrars always trying to get the best deals/reduce costs etc.

The convenience of having all my names at GD, my familiarity with their technology, and their support (which for myself has been excellent) makes it more than justifiable to pay the $9.63 per renewal (again, for me today). $20 per domain was pushing it (on my budget).

Years ago I NEEDED to cut every cost I could, now convenience and my time have assumed a higher priority.

But agree with you 100% IF others are just starting out on a shoestring budget, look at some of the less expensive Registrars.

Thanks again for your response!

•••
If you read what I wrote you will see I am confusing nothing. I am very clear.
After re-reading your post (cause I immediately assumed I misread it), I honestly don't know how to reply to this 😜

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back