NameSilo

Trustee for .dk?

Labeled as question in ccTLD Discussion started by topdom, Sep 10, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. topdom

topdom Established Member

.dk domain can be registered by anyone, but it looks like they may require picture ID and proof of address and maybe more, and it is not clear what exactly they need, and they don't say what will be needed, and they say
    it is written here, but actually this is not the case. So they handpick some people and ask an ID or more, maybe just to steal a domain.

So I prefer to use a trustee, but I couldn't find anything.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. wwwulff

wwwulff Top Member VIP

I am from Denmark and I have never heard that they require picture ID and proof of address, so I think you can register a .dk without any problems - I don´t know if you know the Danish domain law, but you must not register them if your intention is to sell them with profit. In practice this means that you have to be careful about announcing them for sale publicly, because others who are interested will be able to complain and possibly win them in a complaint case.

On another note the Danish domain market is very small, so you have to have super good names to have a chance to sell them again.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  3. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

In the past I had 1 .dk domain without any ID uploads.
    Looks that it is related only to your registrar... then try another...

4. wwwulff

wwwulff Top Member VIP

I think you are right - You can use a Danish registrar - I have used them here for years without problems and they are cheap only 50 kroner ($8) per name:

https://www.webhosting.dk/

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice