Dynadot

question Is .uk restricted? What happens if..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Let's say you buy an .uk domain with address outside UK.
Nominet says, we couldn't check your address so send us your ID.
You say my address is not on my ID ,..and not send anything.

Then what happens . Cancellation of domains?

(.dk registry seems very corrupt. I bought one great domain, they required ID although they normally don't ,
and I asked questions, they didn't answer, said everything is clear, and then cancelled it after one month, although we gave part of info and was about to give the rest..... Fast forward. We were ready this time with ID etc, which we would give if requested. We paid for the domain, and we were waiting for ID check email, it never arrived. And then after a while (weeks or months) we saw someone else owns it. What a shame. They either steal domain or money or both. Ok, .dk is more than resticted, but .uk is supposed to be unrestricted,.. and it could be a great source of income for UK during brexit. )

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
.dk is open to everyone as well, but unless you send a nakedpic,. I mean ID and utility bills, they can steal your domains.
I'm wondering whether the same can happen with .uk. They want id, I don't send it, then will they cancel the domain, or just record the registration as "unverified" (and who cares if so).

Last edited:
•••
I'm afraid I'm not sure. I'm from the UK and haven't ever had to send them ID to my knowledge except to become a registrar and I only did that in the last year or so.

•••
.dk is the most idiotic one of all. If the domain is for sale, then anyone can steal it from you via the complaint board. You do not need a trademark or anything. just complain. I have never seen anything like that.

•••
I can categorically confirm that .UK isn't like that. :pompous::happy:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back