IT.COM

.TRAVEL re-launch - dot Travel discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ian_curtis

VIP Member
Impact
As a large .travel investor, with sales in aftermarket around 100.000$ last year I am interested in community opinion related to .travel

They just re-launch after the 10th years anniversary, seems most countries and regions use it as official toursim website, germany.travel, russia.travel, alabama.travel, ibiza.travel, colombia.travel....

Here the press note I found,

New .travel website open to Everyone in Travel: Celebrating 10 years

Ck_0Uy-WYAA8_KI.jpg

New .travel website open to Everyone in Travel: Celebrating 10 years

FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida – Having first launched on October 3, 2005, .travel is now the chosen domain name for dozens of country tourism portals, as well as for businesses, organizations, and individuals who want to improve their visibility in the active travel segment of the Internet.

TRMC, the .travel Registry, is pleased to announce the launch of its new and completely redesigned Registry website, travel.travel. The re-launch of the .travel site marks the successful completion of ten years of domain name service to the travel industry and announces the start of a new phase of support and services for .travel registrants. Just go to travel.travel/testimonials/ to see how a .travel name has helped our registrants.

A .travel domain name is available to everyone who provides services, products or content in or to the travel industry. New travel startups are welcome, and that includes every new travel content provider. Our simplified eligibility review is showcased at http://www.travel.travel/obtain-uin/. For no charge, you can get an approved Member Number immediately that will allow you to register your .travel domain names with any of our 45 registrars.

Our new website shows the value that our registrants achieve in visibility, identity and name selection, especially important now in a world with over 1,000 top level domains vying for attention. Our relaunched website is the core of .travel support and services on social media, as well as for our newly-launched multi-lingual online chat, registrar support, blog and newsletter.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and on other social media, or visit our site to watch for new promotions, partners and services to be launched in coming months.

For more informationhttp://www.travel.travel

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I use to register with www.dondominio.com / www.mrdomain.com in most cases.

Also with encirca.com or name.com

Yes, seems is the common tld for countries, but also some big cities there, SanFrancisco.travel is great one, I am following a section called "live sites" http://www.travel.travel/live-sites/ also interesting the developments on generics, I remember software.travel for example.

another things is the "premius at reg fee", I pick some of them, and one concretely sold out in about 24h at 2500€ (not bad!)...they have the listing here http://www.travel.travel/premium-domains/

Seems domaining world is giving attention too:

UciOfQc.png
SanFrancisco.travel was too much great for them and they (tourism board) decided to move site on sftravel.com...

•••
No any serious travel agency or tourism board using .travel, only few and only because they are not too much experienced in domain names.
1.- open your eyes
2.- click here https://www.google.com/#q=site:.travel
now, it's you in front of 14.000.000 .travel results at google. maybe your are wrong? or is the rest of the world wrong? I should believe what google show

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just today another .travel sale.

press [dot] travel | 1232 $ | sold out by pixeldreams.es | October

note: In two weeks I will report another .travel sale, second payment is pending (day 22), total amount 2800$

•••
•••
1.- open your eyes
2.- click here https://www.google.com/#q=site:.travel
now, it's you in front of 14.000.000 .travel results at google. maybe your are wrong? or is the rest of the world wrong? I should believe what google show
1.Stop advestise here this useless extension, go to marketplace/services section, for doing that, this section is for discussion not for advertising.
2.I repeat you again no any serious company using .travel as extension. Worsthless extension.
3.If even someone use it, they just using it to forward from .travel to their main website at .com

•••
Advertising? I am .travel investor. I buy and sell .travel Domains. Is for it I follow what .travel do, and for sure domainers community is interested.

I can list you here 10.000 companies, events, official tourism boards, apps, etc using .travel domain for their brand, main site...(they have this nice section, check by your own here www.travel.travel/live-sites/) ...BUT you will continue with the same...make something, go out.

Last edited:
•••
Advertising? I am .travel investor. I buy and sell .travel Domains. Is for it I follow what .travel do, and for sure domainers community is interested.

I can list you here 10.000 companies, events, official tourism boards, apps, etc using .travel domain for their brand, main site...(they have this nice section, check by your own here www.travel.travel/live-sites/) ...BUT you will continue with the same...make something, go out.
.travel extension used by category of companies which use .net, .info, .biz etc crappy extentions for their domain names as their business is not so large as they want and they can not afford really good one .com..dont waste your money on .travel kid, this is my advise to you and dont agitate others do that.

•••
Name.com begin to suggest .travel on their searches.

CuM0lGgXEAQQZle.jpg

•••
Very excited about my latest .travel:

music.travel

An estimated 10 million people travel internationally each year for the main purpose of watching or participating in a music or cultural festival.

Last edited:
•••

music.travel

An estimated 10 million people travel internationally each year for the main purpose of watching or participating in a music or cultural festival.
And how much out of this 10 mln know about .travel extension?

•••
It's irrelevant. My websites don't rely on people "knowing about an extension" and randomly typing in URL's...

•••

music.travel

Big big generic, and yes big business. Congrats!! It's easy for you to become the reference for this niche. A nice example I use frequently - to potential buyers - to show the power of .travel in terms of "trust" at google is the search "software travel".

Software is a big key, and yes, software.travel is the top for this searches.

And how much out of this 10 mln know about .travel extension?

Probably all them, If I am gonna travel to somewhere to attend a music festival first I will search some info for the country, in most cases I will find a .travel for the official site. Means will be comfortably to navigate in a .travel.

I can travel to germany.travel or to poland.travel maybe to russia.travel or italy.travel, some nice festival are in serbia.travel, other in portugal.travel and concretely on visitporto.travel is a very good one "Primavera Sound". Some exoitic music festival at kyoto.travel or maybe on an Island, at fiji.travel or seychelles.travel

:)

Last edited:
•••
Big big generic, and yes big business. Congrats!! It's easy for you to become the reference for this niche. A nice example I use frequently - to potential buyers - to show the power of .travel in terms of "trust" at google is the search "software travel".

Software is a big key, and yes, software.travel is the top for this searches.

Probably all them, If I am gonna travel to somewhere to attend a music festival first I will search some info for the country, in most cases I will find a .travel for the official site. Means will be comfortably to navigate in a .travel.

I can travel to germany.travel or to poland.travel maybe to russia.travel or italy.travel, some nice festival are in serbia.travel, other in portugal.travel and concretely on visitporto.travel is a very good one "Primavera Sound". Some exoitic music festival at kyoto.travel or maybe on an Island, at fiji.travel or seychelles.travel

:)
How much out of 196 countries have their official tourism board websites at .travel extension? Only mentioned 8? So remaining 188 countiries tourism board so stupid and not using .travel extension?

•••
How much out of 196 countries have their official tourism board websites at .travel extension? Only mentioned 8? So remaining 188 countiries tourism board so stupid and not using .travel extension?

No, they are clever and is for it .travel is the preferred one and most countries have .travel as their official, I gave 8 quick examples, but here some more for you. greece.travel, indonesia.travel, egypt.travel, peru.travel, argentina.travel, colombia.travel, elsalvador.travel, canada.travel, kazakhstan.travel, azerbaijan.travel, bolivia.travel, chile.travel, haiti.travel, honduras.travel, malaysia.travel, slovakia.travel......etc...

LIst is so big, make something, click here and enjoy 105.000 results for .travel official tourism boards sites, https://www.google.com/search?q=intitle:official+site:.travel

Last edited:
•••
•••
No, they are clever and is for it .travel is the preferred one and most countries have .travel as their official, I gave 8 quick examples, but here some more for you. greece.travel, indonesia.travel, egypt.travel, peru.travel, argentina.travel, colombia.travel, elsalvador.travel, canada.travel, kazakhstan.travel, azerbaijan.travel, bolivia.travel, chile.travel, haiti.travel, honduras.travel, malaysia.travel, slovakia.travel......etc...

LIst is so big, make something, click here and enjoy 105.000 results for .travel official tourism boards sites, https://www.google.com/search?q=intitle:official+site:.travel
All your mentioned .travel domains is used by tourism board only because of the 2 reasons: 1)Good .com already occuped 2).Travel extension operator actively offering this .travel extension to tourism boards, and all countryname.travel domains is reserved for them, no one else can register any countryname.travel

Anyway .travel is not even 1% of all travel websites at .com that's all.
You can advertise here this extension as much as you want but it will not change anything.

•••
All your mentioned .travel domains is used by tourism board only because of the 2 reasons: 1)Good .com already occuped

mmm, no... wrong!
Example VisitColombia.com redirects to Colombia.travel, they have both and prefer the .travel

2).Travel extension operator actively offering this .travel extension to tourism boards, and all countryname.travel domains is reserved for them, no one else can register any countryname.travel

Since years ago, nobody can register countrynames, is the same for .travel, for .club, for .anything, TLDs have countrynames reserved, is an ICANN rule since some years ago...

Anyway .travel is not even 1% of all travel websites at .com that's all.

Well, if you check google you will find 6.630.000 results for developed .com with key "travel" on their title here: https://www.google.com/search?q=intitle:travel+site:.com

Meanwhile if you check google for .travel sites it return 12.700.000 https://www.google.com/search?q=site:.travel

maybe it's a surprise for you? welcome to the real things

You can advertise here this extension as much as you want but it will not change anything.

I use to sell .com's and also .travel domains, I am up to 6 figures ROI with .travel, and of course my sales with .com are bigger.

I sold out .travel domains every month for the last 48 month, some of them are reported, around 100.000$ more or less. If you enjoy .com I am happy for your, is the same on my side, but at same time I use to sell .travel domains and I am enjoying their re-launch pretty much.

be happy !!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
CvyHrlmXYAAX17a.jpg

Finish October with great 2834$ sale. Villages.travel

•••
All I can tell you as that I own 888.travel and got only one offer so far.
Happy to sell here if anyone is interested...but I doubt anyone is really buying .travel...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back