Dynadot

poll Travel.Agency what will it sell for

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Travel.agency has to be one of the most relevant new gTLDs and therefore one would expect it to be one of the most valuable. It has 110,000 exact match searches per month on Google.
The question is what would the name now sell for?
I’m going to estimates in today's market it will sell for $7000
I think the downside of this name is that travel agencies use brands and not keywords. Keywords have lost favour over the last few years due to Google's change in the search algorithm.
Interested to see what other members think it will sell for and why and seeing who is the closet.
Also think it will be sold to a domainer and not to an end-user. And at $7000 I think there will be little upside when trying to remarket it to an end user.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is one of the premium domain in agency. What I think it will go around $20k.

•••
For anyone reading this thread look up PUMP and DUMP.

BrandClub is running one of these schemes.

Nothing new. He knows what he is doing. His job is convince us that he knows what he is talking about. His real motive is to get our money and leave us with fools gold.
Be carreful what you are saying ...

•••
For anyone reading this thread look up PUMP and DUMP.

BrandClub is running one of these schemes.

Nothing new. He knows what he is doing. His job is convince us that he knows what he is talking about. His real motive is to get our money and leave us with fools gold.

It's also rather amusing that he's touting nGTLDs while operating on a .com. Classic.

•••
•••
It's also rather amusing that he's touting nGTLDs while operating on a .com. Classic.
I like .COM ... I made a living buying and selling .COM domains ;)

•••
Before issuing threats you should learn how to spell 'careful' properly.
Once again: BE CAREFUL associating my name to PUMP & DUMP schemes...

•••
Once again: BE CAREFUL associating my name to PUMP & DUMP schemes...

That's the behavior you are exhibiting. No different than on a stock message board telling us to short when you are buying.

You know exactly what you are doing.

You have a .com for your site and are telling us that .coms are worthless. Ya. We know what you are doing.

•••
That's the behavior you are exhibiting. No different than on a stock message board telling us to short when you are buying.

You know exactly what you are doing.

You have a .com for your site and are telling us that .coms are worthless. Ya. We know what you are doing.
I´m talking about domains not about stock and for the last time be careful ...

•••

Not only that but his domain is outperformed by at least 4 cctlds using the same domain.

Gotta hurt when his .com is outperformed by a .com.pl

But he clearly knows what he is doing. And we have no clue. LOL.

•••

it's also rather amusing that the registrar's are doing the same.
I spoke with Solomon about this very subject at names con. Amusing.

i'ts even more amusing that people all over the globe are using something other than .com :)

Of course .com will enjoy the equivalent of a gold standard.
1. Take out inventory in use.
2. Take out inventory held for investment,+ new bulk trade platform, (.com as a commodity)
3. Increase demand globally by 3 times current regs. (new investors, new end users)
The only place to go is something other than .com

•••
it's also rather amusing that the registrar's are doing the same.
I spoke with Solomon about this very subject at names con. Amusing.

i'ts even more amusing that people all over the globe are using something other than .com :)

Of course .com will enjoy the equivalent of a gold standard.
1. Take out inventory in use.
2. Take out inventory held for investment,+ new bulk trade platform, (.com as a commodity)
3. Increase demand globally by 3 times current regs. (new investors, new end users)
The only place to go is something other than .com

Or just longer .coms? Mix numbers in? Add dashes? Three keywords? There are more possible combinations in .com that make sense than humankind will need working websites for next 500 years.

•••
Or just longer .coms? Mix numbers in? Add dashes? Three keywords? There are more possible combinations in .com that make sense than humankind will need working websites for next 500 years.

Domain use entails more than just working websites.

Longer .coms, Mix numbers in, add dashes, are already part of the reduced inventory. Some as ad verticals for major and minor brands, some as investments.
People all over the globe are doing just fine without .com
Going forward, there just isn't going to be enough desirable .com inventory to satisfy global demand.
Cheers

•••
With .COM and even .Net end users add extra words or hyphens or a 2 to mean "to" or a 4 to mean "for"

So the winner of the auction who pays $XXXX several years from now gets an inquiry from an end user. They quote five figures. The end user regs iTravel.agency for reg fee A few years later another potential buyer inquires, again the auction winner quotes five figures and the end user regs eTravel.agency for reg fee. A few years later (ten years or more) after the auction win another end user inquires and the registrant tired of losing out on deals decides to lower the price and quotes $7500. The end user regs MyTravel.agency for reg fee. A couple years later the name gets dropped and the money invested in Travel.agency goes poof.

•••
Domain use entails more than just working websites.

Longer .coms, Mix numbers in, add dashes, are already part of the reduced inventory. Some as ad verticals for major and minor brands, some as investments.
People all over the globe are doing just fine without .com
Going forward, there just isn't going to be enough desirable .com inventory to satisfy global demand.
Cheers

Let's not forget that in many countries the default domain is not .com and many without global ambitions won't even care about .com, if you call and offer it to them. They won't even wonder about the price.

And they are often large economies/population centers too:

co.uk/uk
de
cn
co.jp
co.za
com.au
.fr
.se
.no
.ru
.es
.mx
.ca

Now add into mix .net, org, .biz, .info and so called global cctlds like .co, .tv, .me etc. and suddenly there is no real demand for ngtlds except for some fantastic hacks like Travel.Agency, Cold.Beer, City.Center, Hi.Tech, S.top, Car.pet etc.

•••
I think it will go for about $8,800

•••
Does every thread involving the new tlds need to get so sidetracked? The question in the OP, is how much do you think travel.agency will go for.

Arguably the best name in the extension, but I have not been to a travel agent for well over a decade. Thanks to the internet, there is not much use for them any more.

While it will be interesting to see how much it sells for and I wish Ali Zandi all the best on the sale I would not try to infer too much from this one, one way or the other.

Last edited:
•••
Does every thread involving the new tlds need to get so sidetracked?
Yes it will because when you have such polarizing views on their value - here it ranges from $5,000 to $100,000 therefore you have seriously opposing arguments.

•••
A travel agency does not necessarily have to be a physical one. It can be "THE travel agency of the WWW".

I'm positive that names like this will go for six-figures soon (a few already did) and I guess/think that we will even see a few seven-figure sales in a few years. However, I am also convinced that only the very best new gTLDs combinations that will sell for nice money. "Bad" keyword - TLD combinations will probably never sell at all.

•••
With .COM and even .Net end users add extra words or hyphens or a 2 to mean "to" or a 4 to mean "for"

So the winner of the auction who pays $XXXX several years from now gets an inquiry from an end user. They quote five figures. The end user regs iTravel.agency for reg fee A few years later another potential buyer inquires, again the auction winner quotes five figures and the end user regs eTravel.agency for reg fee. A few years later (ten years or more) after the auction win another end user inquires and the registrant tired of losing out on deals decides to lower the price and quotes $7500. The end user regs MyTravel.agency for reg fee. A couple years later the name gets dropped and the money invested in Travel.agency goes poof.
I would think "confusingly similar" UDRP would apply ?

•••
•••
Let's not forget that in many countries the default domain is not .com and many without global ambitions won't even care about .com, if you call and offer it to them. They won't even wonder about the price.

And they are often large economies/population centers too:

co.uk/uk
de
cn
co.jp
co.za
com.au
.fr
.se
.no
.ru
.es
.mx
.ca

Now add into mix .net, org, .biz, .info and so called global cctlds like .co, .tv, .me etc. and suddenly there is no real demand for ngtlds except for some fantastic hacks like Travel.Agency, Cold.Beer, City.Center, Hi.Tech, S.top, Car.pet etc.
I agree only the ntld gems will get top value and no reason for them to be any less valuable than a gem .com
as they would both generate similar results to the bottom line of the company that uses them.

•••
•••
I would think "confusingly similar" UDRP would apply ?
That's the funny part. You cannot TM generic terms. Travelagency.com yes you can TM.

Travel.Agency is much harder and likely not TM able. Travel Agency is a generic term. The .com at the end makes it possible to TM.

itravel.Agency and etravel.agency can get a TM as they add something to the term.

Travel.Agency is not a good domain. If you want to affiliate market it's great. If you want a recognizable business its crap. It's a generic term.

Prediction: The person who buys the domain does nothing with it other than park it. People spend huge sums and that's all they know how to do. Park. Partly because the domain is crap.

Last edited:
•••
well that escalated quickly between the old and the new tld camps lol

•••
That's the funny part. You cannot TM generic terms. Travelagency.com yes you can TM.

Travel.Agency is much harder and likely not TM able. Travel Agency is a generic term. The .com at the end makes it possible to TM.

itravel.Agency and etravel.agency can get a TM as they add something to the term.

Travel.Agency is not a good domain. If you want to affiliate market it's great. If you want a recognizable business its crap. It's a generic term.

Prediction: The person who buys the domain does nothing with it other than park it. People spend huge sums and that's all they know how to do. Park. Partly because the domain is crap.

A TM is not required to to win a UDRP
A generic term doesn't always pass the bad faith reg test
No point in furthering the discussion. Clearly you don't research UDRP's.
you've made your point. You think Travel.Agency is crap.
we've made our point. We think it's one of the best.
Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back