Domain Empire

Transferring Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

When I tried to transfer a domain in Namecheap, they didn't allow it because they said 60 days didn't pass. Can I have more info on that rule? I want to transfer a domain in GoDaddy to another guy, but the domain is not 60 days old yet. Will it work?

-Regards

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you still need to wait 60 days.

•••
Here is an article on that subject that might help.

http://www.domainphilosophy.com/domain_philosophy/2006/04/domain_transfer.html

Also, I just noticed you said the domain was at GoDaddy. If that is the case, the person who purchased the domain can setup a GoDaddy account and you will be able to "push" the domain to them within GoDaddy before the 60 days is up. Just go to your domain management area in GoDaddy and click on the domain... then, choose the "Change Account" button and complete the form. The new owner will then get an email to accept the transfer.

Ron

Last edited:
•••
Oh, so you don't have to wait 60 days for the "push," only the "transfer." Thanks!

•••
That was a simple and understandable article at domainphiliosophy. I was about to post the same question, but it's already been answered. Thanks.

•••
Each registrar seems to have their own rules as far as pushing a domain or changing the "account" for a domain within the 60 day timeframe.

Godaddy does allow you to change the account to the new owner... so, that is what I am referring to as "pushing".

And, you are right, to "transfer" a domain to a new registrar... that is where the 60 day policy is the same for all registrars.

Ron

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back