Dynadot

Transfer of a new domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Afaque khan

Established Member
Impact
Hello,I dont know how long we should wait to transfer a domain name to another account of same registrar or

another registrant if a sale happens.

I use GOdaddy and I read one should wait a month,in some places it says 60 days.

Can someone tell exactly how long one should wait to transfer a brand new domain to same registrar and different registrar?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Per ICANN rules, you have to wait 60 days after registration before you can transfer a domain to another registrar. You can transfer within the same registrar immediately.

•••
Last edited:
•••
You can transfer it to another registrar even before 60 days after registration, if holding registrar allows that. GoDaddy does not allow that but some other are.

•••
Maximum of 30 to 40 days is needed to transfer form one domain name to another.

•••
You can transfer it to another registrar even before 60 days after registration, if holding registrar allows that. GoDaddy does not allow that but some other are.

Haven't had to try but as of my understanding the 60 day lock @ GD can be removed by emailing [email protected]. As said, haven't tried.

NameSilo allows this, i.e. transferring out during the 60 day lock, just ask them. And every time I've transferred to Uniregistry, I'm offered to opt-out of the 60 day lock.

•••
Haven't had to try but as of my understanding the 60 day lock @ GD can be removed by emailing [email protected]. As said, haven't tried.
Yes, i heard about that too.

Also Exabytes allows that, and i think you even don't need to ask them. Haven't tried yet, but probably i will today or tomorrow.

•••
I'm sure you can push between GD accounts even during the 60 lock.

•••
You can push between GD accounts anytime from my experience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back