IT.COM

question Transfer Domains To A Different Registrar?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HG572

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi all,

I have been buying all my domains at Namecheap and have 50 domains so far. Some of my domains are coming up for renewal and I'm not 100% sure how I should proceed. The renewal fee for each domain is a little high, so I'm assuming the best thing to do is to transfer the domains to a different registrar. Do any of you have any recommendations? I have only ever user Namecheap, so I'm not sure what my best option would be.

Thanks for the help...

Cheers.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi mate ,

You can use tldes.com to find the cheapest register for transfer, some registers offer really cheap transfers, but customer service and user interface is not that good, you have to do little research by yourself in this case.

Last edited:
•••
The transfer fees can often be the same price as the renewal fees at some registras. Do your homework, but it could be more hassle to move them every time you renew.

It also depends on your home currency. I use internetbs, which is $14.22 Aud. I am australian, so dont have to mess with currency exchange or foreign fees, whereas with namecheap and namesilo (the other two I use), my domains cost me different amounts depending on the exchange rate to the USD.

https://www.domcomp.com/ shows initial comparisons, but some companies then have exclusions on that, you need to read the fine print.

•••
Hi mate ,

You can use tldes.com to find the cheapest register for transfer, some registers offer really cheap transfers, but customer service and user interface is not that good, you have to do little research by yourself in this case.
Thanks for the link...

•••
The transfer fees can often be the same price as the renewal fees at some registras. Do your homework, but it could be more hassle to move them every time you renew.

It also depends on your home currency. I use internetbs, which is $14.22 Aud. I am australian, so dont have to mess with currency exchange or foreign fees, whereas with namecheap and namesilo (the other two I use), my domains cost me different amounts depending on the exchange rate to the USD.

https://www.domcomp.com/ shows initial comparisons, but some companies then have exclusions on that, you need to read the fine print.
Thanks for the advice...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back