IT.COM

Transfer Codes starting with symbol =

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
sheets_formula.png

I use Godaddy for a lot of my domains and they have a neat feature where you can download a spreadsheet of all your domains. You can customize the fields and if you download all of the fields it is shocking how much information it contains about each domain.

You can download the spreadsheet with or without the transfer codes which are placed in the last field if you request them.

I hate having a transfer code that starts with the = sign and I think it should be abolished as the first character in transfer codes. The spread sheets looks at it as a command and shows it as an error.

So every time I look at my spreadsheet I see a few errors unless I put something in front of the = sign but then the transfer code is no longer accurate.

Third world problems, I know but nonetheless problematic

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lol.

Some Registrars allow you to change auth.

Last edited:
•••
I use Godaddy for a lot of my domains and they have a neat feature where you can download a spreadsheet of all your domains. You can customize the fields and if you download all of the fields it is shocking how much information it contains about each domain.

You can download the spreadsheet with or without the transfer codes which are placed in the last field if you request them.

I hate having a transfer code that starts with the = sign and I think it should be abolished as the first character in transfer codes. The spread sheets looks at it as a command and shows it as an error.

So every time I look at my spreadsheet I see a few errors unless I put something in front of the = sign but then the transfer code is no longer accurate.

Agree. Most of the time it can be solved by putting it in all caps again, because the = sign makes it lowercase.

•••
Agree. Most of the time it can be solved by putting it in all caps again, because the = sign makes it lowercase.

The = sign is use to make formulas like =sum(e1:e6)+c11

So anything that starts with = and then does not contain a valid formula gets shown as an error, so basically any transfer code that starts = will show up as a formula error.

•••
The = sign is use to make formulas like =sum(e1:e6)+c11

So anything that starts with = and then does not contain a valid formula gets shown as an error, so basically any transfer code that starts = will show up as a formula error.

Yes, that's why I agreed with you. It's extra work, unfortunately.

You have to format the cell as a text field, put an ' before it, then remove it again, then make it all uppercase, to fix it. The Auth-code will then be shown with the starting = sign in your spreadsheet. This works most of the time. For the times it doesn't work, additional steps are necessary in DCC to copy/paste the code from there, or get it emailed to you. Hate it too.

(Another workaround is to lookup the Auth-code in the original .csv by viewing it with another program, so that = isn't interpreted as the start of a formula).

* I'm using LibreOffice Calc, there may be differences between spreadsheets.

Last edited:
•••
lol never even thought about that, i guess so since all the formulas on excel start with = hmmmm :)

•••
You can format the cell to be a text from general format, then the cell will accept = symbol without triggering a formula.

•••
Hi

duh.....
why, you need transfer code,
if you not transferring out?

imo...

•••
Show attachment 190246

You can format the cell to be a text from general format, then the cell will accept = symbol without triggering a formula.

this answered your problem @MapleDots :ROFL:

•••
this answered your problem @MapleDots :ROFL:

Nope, I use google sheets and that did not do it. It simply removes the = which also makes the code not accurate.

Last edited:
•••
why, you need transfer code,
if you not transferring out?

If you ever needed a transfer code on a weekend or when things are not working as they should then you will see it is quite handy to have.

Also if you sell a number of domains in bulk it is easier to get them from your own spreadsheet when trading with other domainers.

There are many reasons why it is prudent to keep your transfer codes on file. A number of registrars do it manually and are not the fastest on weekends to supply that information. In a pinch having it on file can come in handy.

•••
Nope, I use google sheets and that did not do it. It simply removes the = which also makes the code not accurate.

Don't focus on what you can't control. Install Microsoft Office, your problem is solved

Last edited:
•••
I'm using auth-codes from spreadsheet for doing bulk transfers from GD to PB. But will always store them on a local device only.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone knows how long the transfer codes stay good once you download them,

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Also I am not able to get the Whois counts anymore like I used to.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back