NameSilo

Traffic increases as expiration approaches?

Labeled as question in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization, started by Spex, Jul 7, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Spex

Spex Established Member

Hi everyone,

Is there a service or something that alerts people when names are within a month of expiration? Is there a way for a regular person to query this?

Reason I am asking is because I have a random 4-word .COM on DAN's nameservers that is expiring at the end of July and for the past week it's traffic is going up

It was getting maybe 1 visit per week but in the last 7 days it's getting between 1 and 5 per day. I know these aren't big numbers, but relative to what it was getting before it's a big difference.

And it's just this name that is seeing a spike. All my other domains that are far from expiration are seeing normal traffic

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Don Gondon

Don Gondon Established Member

I think literally any calendar app can alert you on a pre-set date.

3. Spex

Spex Established Member

Thanks, but this wasn't a post asking how to track my own expirations

4. Hypersot

Hypersot Top Contributor VIP

There are tools, and thus crawlers, yes. All paid services though. Check eg. domaintools.com

Moreover, it's common for domainers to have a long list of domains that they script monitor at around expiration time, year after year, just in case.

In other words, spike during that period of time is normal.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice