Dynadot

90% CTR on domain but all Russian traffic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ollie3000

Top Member
Impact
So I have a domain that is getting good traffic parked at Sedo. The click through rate is ridiculous, some days it's 100% but around 90% on average.

The problem is all traffic is from Russia and sedo pay basically nothing for this. Why would a 2 word English language .com be getting all Russian traffic?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
try parking crew

they pay the best

while sedo probably pays the worst.

gl

•••
So I have a domain that is getting good traffic parked at Sedo. The click through rate is ridiculous, some days it's 100% but around 90% on average.

The problem is all traffic is from Russia and sedo pay basically nothing for this. Why would a 2 word English language .com be getting all Russian traffic?

There are a few things that you take for granted in your question but they are not, eg.
-"good traffic" , how do you know it's good? what if they are all bots or email traffic?
-"traffic is from Russia", why russian traffic is bad? I have russian domains and russian traffic which pay good
-"2 word english getting russian traffic" , so? what if a russian decided to use english for their main site?

When you buy a domain for parking you need to know what you're buying or at least have a good idea of where the traffic might be coming from. Sedo (or any other parking service) can't do much on traffic that can't convert.

btw. you can always pm the domain so I can have a look if you want.

•••
Sedo pays zero for Russian traffic and even clicks, I don't know why. If you let me know the name, I can have an idea about traffic reason.

•••
Thanks @Hypersot

I meant 'good' as in a good daily volume rather than 'good / bad'. The only issue I have with traffic from Russia is that sedo pay nothing for it even with the ctr being very high.

Thanks @alcy I'll take a look at parking crew

•••
I am earning mid xxx from Pakistani Traffic , my portfolio is getting around 40k-60k users per month. I am satisfied with sedo.

•••
Sedo pays nothing for all traffic... the worst parking.

•••
I've seen the same effect for a couple of adult domains parked @ Sedo. Found that the domains were indexed by a russian search engine (Yandex). Which made zero $$$ as google does not show ads to RU geo for adultmarked domains.

•••
Try voodoo...I am a big fan. Customer service is great and you can customize keywords, etc that makes the name more appealing (when a buyer sees an ad for a similar business to his/her own it makes a domain more desirable, imo).

•••
Try voodoo...I am a big fan. Customer service is great and you can customize keywords, etc that makes the name more appealing (when a buyer sees an ad for a similar business to his/her own it makes a domain more desirable, imo).

I'm a big fun of Voodoo as well, unfortunately they don't seem to have the best earnings.
I don't think that has anything to do with the share% we get but -maybe- from how their backend works (note, that's all assumptions).

Regarding the parking services in general, here is an interesting fact coming out of my traffic (atm ~600-700k uniques/ month) by using ParkLogic as my traffic management service:
Best earnings / traffic go to SEDO (amazing but true) and ParkingCrew with around 10% share to various ZeroClick services.

Apparently the differences we see between the various SEDO accounts are due to some of them using SedoPRO while others don't. (different share% probably?).

The above fact comes from monitoring my traffic and revenue for about a year now. Sedo and PC usually battle each other for the 1st place.

One last note: I don't have typos nor trademarks in my portfolio. All my traffic comes from past websites that used to provide various services.

•••
unfortunately they don't seem to have the best earnings.
I don't think that has anything to do with the share% we get but -maybe- from how their backend works (note, that's all assumptions).

Yep, parking revenue has plummeted over the last few years thanks to giggle changes. Once a new/better search engine gets popular, the pendulum may swing back.

Although it is nice to make money on parking, what is more important to me now is how the page looks and if the ads are relevant to the name. If they are not, I use a sales pitch landing page.

•••
Ignore them they are bot and if you have some analytics then you will see most of them are referring traffic.

No Human = No Money

•••
~90% CTR usually means that the domain is banned by Google... so Sedo's ZeroClick is used...
That's why.

For the traditional PPC-monetization such CTR is impossible apriori.

•••
Try Russian dating sites...

Dating will never ever go away...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back