Dynadot

.mobi Traffic EAST Results?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When will we know them, is there a way to view the auction results?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
neobodhi said:
I think the prices paid mean alot. If flowers.mobi went for $10,000 that would be nice but as it went for $200,000 means that people with much more experience in domain names than myself and others on this forum see the .mobi as a good investment. That makes me feel even better about my purchases.

Me too. I was very shocked at the amount that flowers went for but it's one of the highest premiums out there other than news. Very fitting for the mobile extension. I really enjoyed listening to the auction. The auctioneer was entertaining. :D

•••
This is just the beginning

This is just the beginning..

AS the premium dotmobis go, one by one for astonishing sales, it will heavily
promote .mobi brand consistenly over period of time.

The premium names are nice, imagine all the major cities even have yet to be sold, plus a galore of other one worders and premium two worders.

If Fun.mobi for 100K is an early indicator, .mobi will be growing popular fast here and beyond.

The internet market fluctuates very fast, youtube was only a year and a half old before it sold for 1.65 billion; what if the founders had listened to doubters saying there is no need for another video site when there is google video and yahoo video.

The internet market has proven that the masses flock to what is hot, and very fast. All it takes is one fun.mobi to promote the brand to the mainstream then the flame can catch, lasting and strong.

Dotmobi is already hot and can be scorching hot soon, hold on!

PDA's.. just look around

•••
space101 said:
It seems as though that the .mobi's are the only ext's really getting any bidding action

Laugh.Mobi - $3k

The .Mobis were getting bidding action because for the most part they had either no reserves or very low reserves. A lot of the other domains didn't get any action because their reserves were too high.

Fun.mobi selling for 100k is a good sign. RPG.mobi is a premium reserved, but I got RPGs.mobi during landrush. Many web-based RPGs are either text based or modest graphics that would suit .MOBI nicely.

In fact, if the MOBI extension really takes off it shouldn't be too difficult to make a .MOBI interface for Aardwolf which already has over 10,000 players with 400+ online at any given time. Some of the players already play from their Treo or Blackberry using a hacked telnet interface, so there is definitely demand for this kind of thing on mobile devices.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back