Domain Empire

.mobi Traffic EAST Results?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When will we know them, is there a way to view the auction results?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting...

Flowers.mobi $200k vs Hot.mobi $40k:

a kind of keyword versus a very very good 3-letters...

Keyword wins :blink:

•••
mis_chiff said:
Thanks kerrijo...(again) lol I really did try to find this stuff :D
I have a few names in the silent auction, but wasn't too sure till I saw the
list. Thanks again :)

Wonderful! Good luck on your auctions and keep us posted! :D

•••
nrmillions said:
flowers.mobi $200k!!!!!!!! awesome!!!

I'm speechless :o

•••
Hmmph...guess they didn't accept Blog.biz in...it's not even in the silent auction. Their loss!

Flowers.mobi is insane...you could register a 2-word flowers .mobi name, build a site, advertise to tons of people, and buy a few cars with that kind of money!

•••
200K is a huge amount of money for any type of domain, let alone a .mobi.
I can only guess that the buyer already has a solid business plan to implement with it.

Exciting times ahead for the .mobi market

Alex

•••
NameTrader.com said:
Hmmph...guess they didn't accept Blog.biz in...it's not even in the silent auction. Their loss!

Flowers.mobi is insane...you could register a 2-word flowers .mobi name, build a site, advertise to tons of people, and buy a few cars with that kind of money!

:lol:

Party.mobi - Sold for $13k

•••
Party.mobi $13,000
Laugh.mobi $3,000

•••
It seems as though that the .mobi's are the only ext's really getting any bidding action

Laugh.Mobi - $3k

•••
Laugh.mobi - Sold for $3k

•••
•••
Heman maximus said:
Hey, how did you get listed for the auction? I have few names that i think should fetch high $xxxxx. What are the steps for submitting to auctions like these ?

Thanks.

I was told about it by an NP member who helped me to
submit etc, otherwise I wouldn't have even known about it.

•••
mis_chiff said:
I was told about it by an NP member who helped me to
submit etc, otherwise I wouldn't have even known about it.

Thanks.

•••
To follow up on my WOW about the flowers.mobi price, FlowerCity.mobi is available at reg fees. Flowers.ac, .sh, .io, and several other extensions are also available. I wouldn't be surprised if names like BuyFlowers.com, eFlowers.com, or even Flowers.net could have been had for less than $200,000. The buyer of Flowers.mobi is taking a HUGE leap of faith.

•••
•••
Fun.mobi $100,000

.mobi names are getting a lot of attention.

•••
Fun.mobi - Sold for $100k

wow

Cheaktickets.mobi not in...damn

•••
NameTrader.com said:
...I wouldn't be surprised if names like BuyFlowers.com, eFlowers.com, or even Flowers.net could have been had for less than $200,000. The buyer of Flowers.mobi is taking a HUGE leap of faith.

If creditcards.net sold for 120k (it did) then yes flowers.net could be had for less. However, it wouldn't be a first choice to visit with a mobile. The sales price was MUCH higher than I expected - but he had some help getting the price up there. There were multiple bidders.

•••
gou said:
Fun.mobi $100,000
.mobi names are getting a lot of attention.

I wonder how much my funs.mobi would be. Probably $90K at least :laugh:
BTW, hello everybody! This is my first post in NamePros. It's great to be here.

•••
NameTrader.com said:
To follow up on my WOW about the flowers.mobi price, FlowerCity.mobi is available at reg fees. Flowers.ac, .sh, .io, and several other extensions are also available. I wouldn't be surprised if names like BuyFlowers.com, eFlowers.com, or even Flowers.net could have been had for less than $200,000. The buyer of Flowers.mobi is taking a HUGE leap of faith.
I agree, 200K for Flowers.mobi looks to be too much. But $100k for Fun.mobi looks good and hot.mobi for 30K is a good deal.

•••
Cams.mobi - Sold for $23600

•••
compubahn said:
If creditcards.net sold for 120k (it did) then yes flowers.net could be had for less. However, it wouldn't be a first choice to visit with a mobile. The sales price was MUCH higher than I expected - but he had some help getting the price up there. There were multiple bidders.

Sure, .net is not the first choice to visit with a mobile, but considering mobile internet is still largely buggy and slow, it will be quite a while before they make that money back should they develop it, and as with all .mobi holders, they are fighting against time as mobile PCs that handle standard internet as well as PCs are an inevitability (7 syllables, yikes!). I myself would find it very hard to look past that and gamble 6-figures on a .mobi, but I guess I'm in the minority.

•••
So, Thats it for the MOBi auctions. Great auction.

•••
NameTrader.com said:

How do you know what made the final auction? Handful of names I submitted I'd like to check out. Thanks.

•••
Lasher said:
How do you know what made the final auction? Handful of names I submitted I'd like to check out. Thanks.

Where did you submit your names ?

•••
Very interesting results here. I would love to send flowers to my girlfriend by going to flowers.mobi. May be I will just call 1800-flowers. lol, how many times we did not pay more than we wanted to in biddings. On top of that,even a great great business plan if it has to wait few years may simply dilute itself.

Nevertheless, I am glad to see these auctions, they may help more people to buy .mobi names

GH

NameTrader.com said:
Sure, .net is not the first choice to visit with a mobile, but considering mobile internet is still largely buggy and slow, it will be quite a while before they make that money back should they develop it, and as with all .mobi holders, they are fighting against time as mobile PCs that handle standard internet as well as PCs are an inevitability (7 syllables, yikes!). I myself would find it very hard to look past that and gamble 6-figures on a .mobi, but I guess I'm in the minority.
B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back