Dynadot

opinion Traffic declines drastically after the ownership change

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

I would like to share a screenshot of the stats of a domain that I've recently acquired. Before my acquisition, the domain was already being parked at the same parking company.

After some time chasing the domain, I purchased it and tried to add it to my account. At first, the system didn't accept it and notified me that they had to run an ownership check because the domain in question was listed in someone else's account. After one or two days the domain was in my account. Pls see the stats in the attachment below.

The very first day was great but after then the traffic declined sharply.

I didn't want to make some accusations, hence I've decided to give some more time hoping that the stats will recuperate. Seems like they will not...

Now my question is, do you also think like me that the previous owner was actually getting 1000+ uniques? This is NOT a bot issue anymore.

I also think that the previous owner was a domain registrar because the domain was in deleting process and it finally dropped.

Your opinions are appreciated.
Rgrds

stats_capture.PNG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow. I really smell bot traffic.

•••
Wow. I really smell bot traffic.

Do you still think so? It was already parked under someone else's ownership. The bot traffic was supposed to be already filtered out at the parking provider level before my ownership starts. That's how I feel like.

•••
There are bots and there are bots. Different kinds of bots, different quality, you know ))

•••
Not sure how your tracking system works, but with analytics, I can see the source of the traffic and other valuable information. Perhaps more detailed analytics would give you insight into the source of the traffic and why the sudden decline.

•••
Not sure whether it is relevant with your issue or not. But I also experienced such traffic behavior with dropped domains. I bought few high traffic(!) domains from dropped domains auction but the traffic vanished completely within a month.

•••
usually if its not manipulated backlink traffic is a gradual decline

•••
Thank you everyone sharing valuable views on my case. The traffic level is almost at the same level so I think I should swallow it.

Have a great weekend

•••
Sounds like it could be bot traffic or they were feeding it with links of sites that they may have owned as well.

•••
probably the previous owner bought traffic to sell the domain better

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back