Dominion.Domains

Trademark issue can I still sell the domain?

Labeled as question in Legal Discussion started by tourvegas, Jul 4, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. tourvegas

tourvegas Established Member

Hi
    I recently registered Finda.io and proceeded to list it for sale on Afternic. After researching the term Finda I have found it has been trademarked in the UK a few months ago. They use them Finda.co domain. I have taken my listing down for the meantime. Can I still sell the .io ?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Argentum

Argentum Established Member

3. tourvegas

Thanks for the feedback. Could you elaborate on how / why I can still sell it. Thanks

4. MadAboutDomains

MadAboutDomains Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

If they haven't contacted you saying that there's a problem, then don't worry too much about it.

5. Bulloney

Bulloney Upgraded Member Blue Account

tourvegas...are you in the UK? If you're not I wouldn't worry much. I just checked USPTO TM data base here in the US, and there's no conflict here. Also, a lot depends on the identified "use" of the TM name. On another note, I just reg'd an incredible "vegas" domain. Check it out on "My Reg of the Day" Good Luck

6. tourvegas

Thank you for the feedback Bulloney. I am in the UK but I imagine a potential buyer could come from the US or somewhere other than the UK. I couldn't find the Vegas domain, is there a link?

7. Bulloney

Bulloney Upgraded Member Blue Account

8. Soofi

Soofi DomainX™ PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Shouldnt be a problem as far as they arent popular enough and not in the same business as you!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!