Dynadot

question Trademark issue can I still sell the domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tourvegas

Established Member
Impact
Hi
I recently registered Finda.io and proceeded to list it for sale on Afternic. After researching the term Finda I have found it has been trademarked in the UK a few months ago. They use them Finda.co domain. I have taken my listing down for the meantime. Can I still sell the .io ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for the feedback. Could you elaborate on how / why I can still sell it. Thanks

•••
If they haven't contacted you saying that there's a problem, then don't worry too much about it.

•••
Hi
I recently registered Finda.io and proceeded to list it for sale on Afternic. After researching the term Finda I have found it has been trademarked in the UK a few months ago. They use them Finda.co domain. I have taken my listing down for the meantime. Can I still sell the .io ?
tourvegas...are you in the UK? If you're not I wouldn't worry much. I just checked USPTO TM data base here in the US, and there's no conflict here. Also, a lot depends on the identified "use" of the TM name. On another note, I just reg'd an incredible "vegas" domain. Check it out on "My Reg of the Day" Good Luck

•••
Thank you for the feedback Bulloney. I am in the UK but I imagine a potential buyer could come from the US or somewhere other than the UK. I couldn't find the Vegas domain, is there a link?

•••
•••
Shouldnt be a problem as far as they arent popular enough and not in the same business as you!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back