Domain Empire

Trademark conflict with domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ICT Pro

Impact
Hi
I would like to ask trademark name clarification if somebody can help me please.

There is a established trademark for example; Rose. Which is dealing in furniture, beds, bedding etc.

I had registered domain name for example; roselinen and dealing in bedding.

I has invested some money in marketing and a lot of effort to promote my domain.

Now I received the letter to close the website, change the business name, close all social media accounts and transfer this domain name to them.

First, does this is a trademark issue. If yes I am happy to CHNAGE everything but does I am obliged to transfer domain name to them.

I can pm real name if someone can help please.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMO, you are using it in bad faith. Without exact names, I can make it more blunt what you're doing:

Apple manufactures iPhone and some accessories for it.

I manufacture iPhone accessories that compete with Apple and are generic in nature.

My business name is iPhoneAccessories and I decided to buy iPhoneAccessories.com and market it as such.

I am infringing on Apple's trademark of iPhone as I am selling accessories that are "theirs" under their trademark as opposed to branding a new term for these generic accessories.

Not a lawyer, but you should have sought one before going after a similar name and selling products that go along with another one before investing any money. I'm sure the $300 session could have saved you time, money and a headache that you're about to face.

•••
I didn't had any intention to damage somebody trade name, I was looking the domain name I couldn't find the domain name I wanted and end up on this name which was available that time.

I can pm you my domain name, if you google hundreds of other people using that trade name with different terms like the expamle you gave.

so what the Legel right I have now i this situation? Can I keep the domain name or have to transfer to Trademark owner.

Or can I cancel the domain name instead of transferring him?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back