Domain Empire

opinion Tough or Tuff?

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
For discussion purposes, if you were a lawyer or a law firm would you prefer to be known as;

ToughLaw.com
or
TuffLaw.com

I don't own either of these domains, but a couple very close. Most of you know "outbound marketing" is my thing, and with there being 1.35 Million lawyers in the US alone, one would think there might be a tuff tough lawyer among them:xf.rolleyes: What do you think? Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The correct spelling. Tough.

•••
•••
Yes I know that
Thanks for chiming in....i actually own TuffLegal, and since "Tuff" happens to be a last name in America, I thought it might make more sense than ToughLegal? According to the "Urban Dictionary" it's an alternative spelling for tough. Personally I believe it's more memorable, plus here's what Go Daddy says about it;

Valuable keywords: tuff and legal are high value keywords with an average sale price of $2005 and $1857.

And for the record, the individual who owns ToughLegal.com is asking $6,000 for it, and "tough" isn't even considered a keyword by Go Daddy.

•••
Valuable keywords: tuff and legal are high value keywords with an average sale price of $2005 and $1857.
GoDaddy is looking at sales that end with the word "stuff" and interpreting them as though "tuff" is a keyword:

Gardenstuff
Toonstuff
Spacestuff
Weedstuff

The automation tool sees that the plural first word is there, and assumes that "tuff" is the second word.

Good lesson in why appraisal tools should not be trusted blindly.

Looks like TuffTech.com sold for a good price, though. The alliteration makes it a much stronger pairing than most, but you never know.

•••
Yes I know that

Thanks for chiming in....i actually own TuffLegal, and since "Tuff" happens to be a last name in America, I thought it might make more sense than ToughLegal?

There are 894 people in the U.S. with the last name Tuff.
Statistically the 30383rd most popular last name.

It might work as a brand, but the surname is way too obscure to be valuable.
If it was like SmithLegal or JonesLegal then sure.

Back to the original question, Tough is clearly better. Tuff is not a terrible branding variation though. I still think the odds of selling this type of domain are very low.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
For discussion purposes, if you were a lawyer or a law firm would you prefer to be known as;

ToughLaw.com
or
TuffLaw.com

I struggle to see the point in either. I get that it's a literal translation of dura lex, but to me it doesn't sound good at all. "Harsh law" might be more true to the original phrase (although still wouldn't amount to a good-looking domain).

Last edited:
•••
Correct spelling; tough 100% imo.

Tuff sounds more like Tufts University.

it’s one of my biggest peeves “mispelled brand

Why “Check” in “QuickCheck” is “QuickChek”?

Last edited:
•••
unless that lawyer's name is Tuff.:punch:

•••
Correct spelling; tough 100% imo.

Tuff sounds more like Tufts University.

it’s one of my biggest peeves “mispelled brand

Why “Check” in “QuickCheck” is “QuickChek”?
How about Kwik in place of Quick. Here's what GD has to say about "Kwik";

Valuable keyword: kwik is a high value keyword that has an average sale price of $3546.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back