new gTLD .Top shares over $3million in sales data with Namebio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
I saw a tweet from Namebio tonight that .top shared over $3million in sales data. I have not had a chance to go through it all yet. Apparently Internet.top sold last week for $4,818. Wan.top sold for $12,567 back on May 7, 2018. Special thanks to Vivian Sun from the .TOP registry for sending us data on 414 premium sales for a total of $3,143,064 from January 2017 to present! Check out the … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow..what next?

You%27ve%20Reached%20The%20Top.png

Last edited:
•••
Looks like over 80% of the sales were purchases from the registry. The .top aftermarket still doesn't look appealing, but good for the registry for selling some names.

•••
Impressive.

A quick search of a few shows most new regs and registry sales within a couple of weeks period, nearly all to to Chinese and of the few searches the same registrant pops up a few times.

•••
Even most of the sales was registry sales it's a good thing!
hope more luck for individuals in the future

•••
Impressive sales, good for .top extension.

•••
This forum is a place for discussion and sharing of information

I have shared my experience with .top domains few times.

And to be honest, I don't know where these offers come around.

My experience says 0 offers. Not sales, offers. 0.

Never read on this forum (only jurgen Wolf, 1 sale $ 850) someone posting his/her .top sales.

Never.

Guys, if a domain like archive.top receive 1 VISIT every 2 months, where are all these offers???

•••
.top

upload_2018-5-18_13-3-41.png < click

The .top market happening is more alive than many assume, "Namebio's" domain sales - publications can help to imagine that better, it is a great "domain sales - search - webtool", you can easilyyy sort the results into domain / date / price.

Nevertheless, I am sure most sales remain unreported, so it reflects only a fraction of what is being sold in whole, the registry can also only share the data of public sales.
Here are .top's today's registration numbers, unsurprisinglyyy .top is on top of this list, it's the world's newww TLD #1:

upload_2018-5-18_12-17-17.png

Source

https://namestat.org/
Screenshot (marked) made today, on May 18th, 2018

Last edited:
•••
I just saw this thread now after posting elsewhere about the big uptick in .top sales in the last week.

Although it is true that many are registry sales, by no means all. For example, just within the last week some of the nonregistry sales are:
  • table_top sold for $6278 at 101Domains
  • blz_top for $1491 at Alibaba
  • tok_top for $1389 at Namecheap
  • WeGo_top for $1099 at eName

•••
I just saw this thread now after posting elsewhere about the big uptick in .top sales in the last week.

Although it is true that many are registry sales, by no means all. For example, just within the last week some of the nonregistry sales are:
  • table_top sold for $6278 at 101Domains
  • blz_top for $1491 at Alibaba
  • tok_top for $1389 at Namecheap
  • WeGo_top for $1099 at eName
It's true, for sure. I just think the risk/reward of owning any names in this extension is still really poor. Aftermarket sales of .xyz names are still far more consistent, and even TLDs like .online and .guru look more appealing by comparison.

•••
I hope "toptoptop.................................toptoptop.top" makes it into the list of sales of the .top domain in the future, LoL.

•••
German market is bound to .de/.net/.com/.info
All other TLDs - only in case of fortune...

•••
Regarding Austria...
They don't pay much even for .AT - usually no higher than 1,XXX EUR.

•••
All i see is a waste of money and another dumb useless extention

•••
•••
•••
All I see is a waste of moneyyy in toppable extensions.
You should change your views / TLD's and discover .top before its too late.
I believe my investment in this TLD will turn out as the tnvestment of myyy life.

Show attachment 88660 < click

Ok so why dont you go buy top.top? Since you belive in this crappy extension so much let me guess

A. you cant afford it
B. Its not available
C. Its not worth the investment
D. You have a chemical imbalance and you believe some other idiot wants to develop your 63 character crap domain

•••
That's top secret.
What I can tell you, is, that I have rejected manyyy offers which others would most probablyyy have accepted.
Simply because I understand the untoppable value of .top

Show attachment 88665 < click
Funny coincidence that the people who push the greatness of the worst extensions are also the same people whose sales are all top secret.

I think your passion for your own personal strategy is great, but I'd love to see you contribute positively to this forum one day by stopping with the .top propaganda and sharing your own real experiences. It's impossible to take you seriously when every post you make is a commercial for your own names.

•••
It's point X.

X. You can stop concern about my domaining, it's not your business.

I knowww the www = what (I do or not) / when (I do it or not) / why (I do it or not)

BTWWW Don't you think that I / others realize that every "attack" on my genius untoppable 63 domain is just a sign that you actuallyyy would love to own it???
You make it our business by constantly parading your unsubstantiated claims in front of the forum. If you're so eager to promote your names and ideas, you should be equally willing and prepared to accept criticism.

This forum is a place for discussion and sharing of information; it's not your own personal ad space.

•••
Are you saying archive.top is not a right domain?
Right domain are german words?
zimmer is an ultra mega keyword for german market.
The same scenario, zimmer.top; 1 visit every 2 months, 0 offers.
These real data, verified on field, are sufficient for me to understand.
Everything else is irrelevant.

•••
•••
The "right" domain is relative, it just depends on what people (endusers) exactlyyy want in a specific time.
You can have the "best" domains - but if you don't get offers, they are obviouslyyy not the "right" ones.
Let it drop or stay patient, your decision.

I have patience so I won't drop, all these are stations - but I want to reach the top.

Show attachment 88676 < click
For god's sake, I've never seen someone talk so much without saying anything.

@mpls is trying to ask you, based on your supposed wonderful knowledge of the .top market, how newcomers should know what types of names to target. He provided his opinion along with real information to support it. Where is your support for your opinion?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I don't disagree @Joe Nichols. and have never very actively pushed top. I do own a dozen or so, but only when I could get what I consider great words at value price, so not much to lose if they do not sell (I have sold one, but at value price a few multiples of my registration cost).

I think both the good and bad thing about top is the geographical distribution of the holdings. According to Namestats 89% are registered in China. This is bad if you are trying to pick words that will appeal to that market, and difficulty marketing to that region. It is good, in that some decent English language words are still available in the extension.

I potentially see use of top in domain name phrases and in top lists - many of the names I decided to acquire are in latter category, i.e. the top thinkers, prospects, cabins etc. I was encouraged that one of this week's Namebio announced sales was a sort of domain name phrase GoTo.top. We will see I guess.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back