new gTLD .Top shares over $3million in sales data with Namebio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
I saw a tweet from Namebio tonight that .top shared over $3million in sales data. I have not had a chance to go through it all yet. Apparently Internet.top sold last week for $4,818. Wan.top sold for $12,567 back on May 7, 2018. Special thanks to Vivian Sun from the .TOP registry for sending us data on 414 premium sales for a total of $3,143,064 from January 2017 to present! Check out the … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Impressive.

A quick search of a few shows most new regs and registry sales within a couple of weeks period, nearly all to to Chinese and of the few searches the same registrant pops up a few times.

•••
.top

upload_2018-5-18_13-3-41.png < click

The .top market happening is more alive than many assume, "Namebio's" domain sales - publications can help to imagine that better, it is a great "domain sales - search - webtool", you can easilyyy sort the results into domain / date / price.

Nevertheless, I am sure most sales remain unreported, so it reflects only a fraction of what is being sold in whole, the registry can also only share the data of public sales.
Here are .top's today's registration numbers, unsurprisinglyyy .top is on top of this list, it's the world's newww TLD #1:

upload_2018-5-18_12-17-17.png

Source

https://namestat.org/
Screenshot (marked) made today, on May 18th, 2018

Last edited:
•••
Wow..what next?

You%27ve%20Reached%20The%20Top.png

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Looks like over 80% of the sales were purchases from the registry. The .top aftermarket still doesn't look appealing, but good for the registry for selling some names.

•••
I just saw this thread now after posting elsewhere about the big uptick in .top sales in the last week.

Although it is true that many are registry sales, by no means all. For example, just within the last week some of the nonregistry sales are:
  • table_top sold for $6278 at 101Domains
  • blz_top for $1491 at Alibaba
  • tok_top for $1389 at Namecheap
  • WeGo_top for $1099 at eName

•••
I just saw this thread now after posting elsewhere about the big uptick in .top sales in the last week.

Although it is true that many are registry sales, by no means all. For example, just within the last week some of the nonregistry sales are:
  • table_top sold for $6278 at 101Domains
  • blz_top for $1491 at Alibaba
  • tok_top for $1389 at Namecheap
  • WeGo_top for $1099 at eName
It's true, for sure. I just think the risk/reward of owning any names in this extension is still really poor. Aftermarket sales of .xyz names are still far more consistent, and even TLDs like .online and .guru look more appealing by comparison.

•••
I don't disagree @Joe Nichols. and have never very actively pushed top. I do own a dozen or so, but only when I could get what I consider great words at value price, so not much to lose if they do not sell (I have sold one, but at value price a few multiples of my registration cost).

I think both the good and bad thing about top is the geographical distribution of the holdings. According to Namestats 89% are registered in China. This is bad if you are trying to pick words that will appeal to that market, and difficulty marketing to that region. It is good, in that some decent English language words are still available in the extension.

I potentially see use of top in domain name phrases and in top lists - many of the names I decided to acquire are in latter category, i.e. the top thinkers, prospects, cabins etc. I was encouraged that one of this week's Namebio announced sales was a sort of domain name phrase GoTo.top. We will see I guess.

•••
Even most of the sales was registry sales it's a good thing!
hope more luck for individuals in the future

•••
Everyyy domain sale was a registryyy sale (normal / premium registration price) in the beginning.

•••
It’s really good that they started to report sales to Namebio. I also hope we will see a decent percent of these sales resolve into websites, not only blank pages or parkings.

China is a huge country with a huge population that are becoming richer = Huge potential.

•••
It’s really good that they started to report sales to Namebio. I also hope we will see a decent percent of these sales resolve into websites, not only blank pages or parkings.

China is a huge country with a huge population that are becoming richer = Huge potential.
That's a point which should not be underestimated, yes.
Also, a huge part of the "world's money" / richest people is already "located" in China.
I see .top as a long term - future - "project", mainlyyy created for the younger generations, for new companies, ideas, visions.
It's still in the beginning - phase and if we hold the "right" domains, we will be able to make profit.
Nevertheless, due to my background, I personally still prefer to "prepare" myself rather for the german market - I believe there will be an iiimpacttt for german .top - domains after some time.

Last edited:
•••
That's a point which should not be underestimated, yes.
Also, a huge part of the "world's money" / richest people is already "located" in China.
I see .top as a long term - future - "project", mainlyyy created for the younger generations, for new companies, ideas, visions.
It's still in the beginning - phase and if we hold the "right" domains, we will be able to make profit.
Nevertheless, due to my background, I personally still prefer to "prepare" myself rather for the german market - I believe there will be an iiimpacttt for german .top - domains after some time.

Ok! Do you (or any other) have any examples of german keywords / phrases that has been sold with the .top extension?

•••
I hope "toptoptop.................................toptoptop.top" makes it into the list of sales of the .top domain in the future, LoL.

•••
Ok! Do you (or any other) have any examples of german keywords / phrases that has been sold with the .top extension?
All registered german .top domains got sold (by the registry) when they got registered - in other words, the registrant was the buyer and the registry the seller and the registration process was the purchase = sale.

Examples:

zahn.top (tooth)
brille.top (glasses)
adresse.top (address)
sportwette.top (sportsbet)
preis.top (price)
.. (...)

So the first german .top domain sales happend with the registration of them.
Now those, who registered them have the chance to (re)sell them, then there are again sales.

There are big german websites who use their name as .top - domain as forwarding domain, here are some examples:

gelbeseiten.top
otto.top
vorsorge.top
.. (…)

So, logically, the more german .top domains you own, the higher the chances that you will make a sale.
The better the keywords, the better.
As it is not possible to top a .top domain, there are top chances to make profit - although I don't knowww how long it can take, patience is required.

•••
All registered german .top domains got sold (by the registry) when they got registered - in other words, the registrant was the buyer and the registry the seller and the registration process was the purchase = sale.

Examples:

zahn.top (tooth)
brille.top (glasses)
adresse.top (address)
sportwette.top (sportsbet)
preis.top (price)
.. (...)

So the first german .top domain sales happend with the registration of them.
Now those, who registered them have the chance to (re)sell them, then there are again sales.

There are big german websites who use their name as .top - domain as forwarding domain, here are some examples:

gelbeseiten.top
otto.top
vorsorge.top
.. (…)

So, logically, the more german .top domains you own, the higher the chances that you will make a sale.
The better the keywords, the better.
As it is not possible to top a .top domain, there are top chances to make profit - although I don't knowww how long it can take, patience is required.

:hungover:

But please, you should know what I mean. If not, I refeer to the aftermarket.

Last edited:
•••
I hope "toptoptop.................................toptoptop.top" makes it into the list of sales of the .top domain in the future, LoL.
Thanks, your hope is appreciated but you are also always wwwelcome to make your bid/s (SEDO) if you are dare enough.

It will make it into the list sooner than you mayyy think.
And higher than you mayyy imagine.

BTWWW
The official abbreviation for that domain is only "toptoptop... ...top.top"*
*3 times "top", 3 dots, 1 space, 3 dots, 1 "top", TLD ".top" (whenever possible, in red colour, at least the TLD)

+++

@Moderation
This is a legitimate reply to a post from someone other who confronts me publicly with this (my) domain.
In my view, his post can not remain unanswered because it includes elements which gave me the reason to answer. If someone confronts me publicly with this domain, it is the most natural thing that I will reply contextual.
So there is no need for any "moderational" action.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I knowww what you mean, that's why I replied how I replied.

So, in other words, you are not aware of any aftermarket sales of german word .top (excluding words with the same spelling / meaning as English words)?

I am not asking for ridicule .top, or you etc. I am asking because I am interested.

•••
So, in other words, you are not aware of any sales of german word .top (excluding words with the same spelling / meaning as English words)?

I am not asking for ridicule .top, or you etc. I am asking because I am interested.
I don't sayyy all what I am aware about and (or, formulated differently) I am aware about more than I sayyy

FYI, no one can ridicule .top
"But if", then this just "happens" in the persons brain (Imagination) while .top still remains untoppable.
This is the ultimate power of this TLD and that's why it makes highest sense, also (or especially) in german language.

Last edited:
•••
I don't sayyy all what I am aware about and (or, formulated differently) I am aware about more than I sayyy

FYI, no one can ridicule .top
"But if", then this just "happens" in the persons brain (Imagination) while .top still remains untoppable.
This is the ultimate power of this TLD and that's why it makes highest sense, also (or especially) in german language.

Obviously pointless to discuss this further. I will make my own search then ;)

Last edited:
•••
German market is bound to .de/.net/.com/.info
All other TLDs - only in case of fortune...

•••
Regarding Austria...
They don't pay much even for .AT - usually no higher than 1,XXX EUR.

•••
Obviously pointless to discuss this further. I will make my own search then ;)
Nowww that you know that it is pointless to discuss it (?) further, you know that at least it wasn't pointless that we were discussing it - because obviouslyyy it were leading you to this cognition.

But of course I am willing to discuss it (?) further, I simply give the answers I give - like I simply get the answers I get.

At the end it makes .top even more popular so why not.

upload_2018-5-21_18-20-46.png < click

Last edited:
•••
Back