NameSilo

Top.Domains has been quite the seller in .APP for 2021

Labeled as domains in Domain Industry News, started by equity78, Sep 27, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I have detailed the dominance of one domain investor in one particular extension a lot this year. Swetha from DNGear.com has put up solid numbers in .xyz domain name sales. Another domain investors who is showing up a lot in one extension is Top.Domains. Top.Domains has rung up 17 of the 77 reported .app domain […]

Continue Reading

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. platey

platey Top Contributor VIP

makes you wonder

are domain names digital art?

and if so? are all dpmain names the origional nft's before nft's existed etc

eg for those that like art and domain names etc

could a picture of a

2 letter .com

be put in a gallery etc

because when a person see's a

2 letter .com or 2 number .com etc they are looking at something that has a minimum value of

$1 m +

etc and if so then a domain name investors portfolio then becames a digital art gallery?

all good fun

3. Fancy.domains

Fancy.domains Selling gTLDs like delicious hotcakes VIP Gold Account

I thought Top.domains was owned by Donuts Inc, just as Premium.domains...

So this is not the case?

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Top.domains certainly handle new extension domain names from a number of registries not just Donuts. They do list Donuts as one of their partners (along with GoDaddy, Dan, etc.).

I agree Top.domains seem to be having a great year, particularly in .app, but also have had some nice sales in other new gTLDs.

Thanks for article, @equity78.

Bob

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  5. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

The footer suggests an affiliation. Not sure either, but interesting.

Screenshot_20210927-191156_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

I am not saying there is not an affiliation, but I don't think it is ownership, as was asked. But as I said, I could be wrong.

If Donuts owned them it would seem strange that so many of their featured domain names were not Donuts registry names.

Unless it has changed, Donuts partner with certain people/businesses interested in promoting and selling their premium inventory, for a commission.

Whatever their business status is, Top.domains have some fantastic domain names in their portfolio, and have had some great sales in 2021.

Bob

7. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

The site started on a German domain. On an older instance of the site it also says:

TOP DOMAINS represents many partners/domain owners and we are proud to present a very attractive range of domain names.

8. equity78

I think they are just trying to be very formal and professional. They also list GoDaddy and DAN amongst others.

9. equity78

10. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

Yeh, an affiliation with a registry, well, as Fancy.Domains hit on, this is likely not a just your typical single investor. And from one of their older pages:

so access to these platinum domains would only come through the registry.

11. lock

lock Searchrz.com VIP

toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop
    https://www.namepros.com/search/1019239/?q=toptoptoptoptoptoptoptop&o=relevance
    wasn't me.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice