domains An interview with the Queen of .XYZ – DNGear.com

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Swetha from DNGear.com has been on quite a tear in 2020. The extension of choice? .XYZ! 12 of the top 15 reported .xyz sales in 2020 have been made by Swetha. I took some time to ask a few questions on how she got started, and why .xyz? 1) When did you start domain […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @equity78
thanks for sharing
I really like ".XYZ" because there are many end users. (example : https://www.awal.xyz/ )
I started to study domains in 2017 and my first sale was "awal.xyz" .
I currently have 30 ".xyz" domains in my portfolio, examples are:
Cargo.xyz
Korean.xyz

how much you sold awal.xyz?

•••
•••
•••
@DNGear is a great domainer! I want to ask...

is it a sustainable business model With 16k domains? (about $ 160000 cost of renewals every year)

A simple math tell us you would have to sell around $ 200k per year just to break even (standard 20% commissions to be subtracted from 200k = $ 160k).

In order to have a minimum profit margin, after taxes and renewals, you should sell for at least $ 300k per year)

$ 300k - 20% commission = $ 240k

$ 240k - 30% taxes (I stay lower, much higher in my country) = $ 168k.

$ 168k net - $ 160k renewals = $ 8k.

Less than $ 700 per month.

Am I wrong?

•••
I have dubai.xyz
And sale.xyz
:)

•••
i have some questions for the .xyz queen if she sees this.

1. As you stated, most of your sales are to end users. What field are most of your buyers from? (e.g .io extensions are usually for tech companies, . org for organisations) I can't imagine what target market the .xyz extension is for.

2. Do your buyers come to you or do you outbound?

Thank you so much and big congrats on your success and sales!!

•••
.XYZ for all end users. There was no specific target buyers.
Thats why i believe it would reach lot of end users.
Only inbound.

•••
.XYZ for all end users. There was no specific target buyers.
Thats why i believe it would reach lot of end users.
Only inbound.
Thank you for replying! Any industries you saw more frequently? Or is it truly from everywhere like .com domains

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back