IT.COM

Tom Petty died

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So sad to hear this - Rock n Roll legend Tom Petty (66) died last night of cardiac arrest. I loved his music. He just played the Hollywood Bowl here in LA last week. RIP Tom.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Great musician - Free falling is one of my favorites

•••
•••
Very sad indeed. Though when you are young 66 may look quite old, as you hit the other side of 50, you just don't see it that way. Also really enjoyed his music.

Last edited:
•••
So sad - many hearts truly broken...

•••
•••
My first Tom Petty show was 35 years ago when I was 17 years old. One of the greatest rock performers ever. Some of the greatest shows I have ever seen, and I have seen many, were Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers shows at Madison Square Garden (NYC) and the Garden State Arts Center (now called PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ). I have seen the Heartbreakers over two dozen times the past 4 decades and nothing compares to the whole amphitheater singing loudly along to every single song they performed that night with the sweet smell of ganja wafting through the air! Man, I am going to miss seeing him live! I have performed "American Girl" and "Mary Jane's Last Dance" hundreds of times live myself, at weddings, birthdays and private parties as they are such classic rock tunes! One of my true idols, my thoughts and prayers go out to his fans, friends, band mates and family! He will be greatly missed!

•••
I only saw him once, think It was either MSG or GSAC. Mary Jane's Last Dance was one of his best (I didn't post it because the vid is creepy)

•••
•••
•••
RIP, A legend that will be missed.

•••
He is on life support, unfortunately he may pass soon but how about being accurate when you post news.

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••

Attachments

• P1010514.JPG
    P1010514.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
He is on life support, unfortunately he may pass soon but how about being accurate when you post news.
I was being accurate when I posted this. Yahoo, The Rolling Stone mag, and many other sites were reporting he died! Many even noted it on Facebook too. It was only later in the day that the story changed to him being on, and taken off, of life support. But thanks for your naive criticism.

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back