Dynadot

Tom Petty died

NameSilo
Watch
So sad to hear this - Rock n Roll legend Tom Petty (66) died last night of cardiac arrest. I loved his music. He just played the Hollywood Bowl here in LA last week. RIP Tom.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
https://twitter.com/tompetty/status/915072929120972801

np-tom-petty-official.jpg

•••
i'm not sure he has died

But thanks for your naive criticism.

I think the below instagram post is what caused the pause in confirmation of Tom Petty's passing.

upload_2017-10-3_1-7-29.png

upload_2017-10-3_1-5-52.png

Then, seven hours after slamming Rolling Stone (three hours ago) his daughter is believed to confirmed his death via the below insta post.

upload_2017-10-3_1-10-35.png

Last edited:
•••
Very sad. I really liked Tom Petty.

He was good as part of The Traveling Wilburys too, and now 3 are gone. Each was a brilliant and talented musician in his own right.

Traveling Wilburys - End Of The Line

Free Fallin' is my favourite Tom Petty song.

•••
I was being accurate when I posted this. Yahoo, The Rolling Stone mag, and many other sites were reporting he died! Many even noted it on Facebook too. It was only later in the day that the story changed to him being on, and taken off, of life support. But thanks for your naive criticism.
You start this thread on Monday at 1:22 PM posting that Tom Petty was dead despite the fact that his death was not confirmed until 11:30 p.m by his manager. He was on life support when you posted. Guess you were such a fan you found it more important to be the first to post about his death then to respect him by reporting it accurately. Congrats on your "naive criticism"...projection personified.

•••
You start this thread on Monday at 1:22 PM posting that Tom Petty was dead despite the fact that his death was not confirmed until 11:30 p.m by his manager. He was on life support when you posted. Guess you were such a fan you found it more important to be the first to post about his death then to respect him by reporting it accurately. Congrats on your "naive criticism"...projection personified.
I posted this once I saw it on Yahoo, and seeing someone post it on FaceBook. There was no way for me to know if he was on life support or not, as 'nothing' in any report said anything about life support, so there was no way for me, or others, to know differently. In fact it came out afterwards these stories about when I posted it -

ABC NEWS - For several hours Monday, music lovers believed Tom Petty was dead.
Courtney Love, Talib Kweli, Kid Rock, Cyndi Lauper, Paul Stanley and Lin-Manuel Miranda were among scores of fans posting remembrances on Twitter, where Petty was the top worldwide trending topic Monday afternoon. .......

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department says it has no information on the well-being of Tom Petty and its spokespeople did not provide info CBS News used to report the rocker had died. ......

So, it has nothing to do with me being a fan or not for my posting of it, even major rock stars read and thought the same. So unless you're going to critique the likes of the aboves for thinking the same, go stuff your condescending insults, and maybe read or watch the news to understand what did or didn't happen before you get up on your pompous 'highchair' to rain down your babbling nonsense. "L"

Last edited:
•••
Haha, your a real piece of work.
  • read or watch the news to understand what did or didn't happen
  • naive criticism
  • condescending insults
  • pompous 'highchair'
  • babbling nonsense
Says the guy that should take his own advice. Anyone reading can see that your own criticisms apply to your own posts.
He is on life support, unfortunately he may pass soon but how about being accurate when you post news.

I was being accurate when I posted this. Yahoo, The Rolling Stone mag, and many other sites were reporting he died! Many even noted it on Facebook too. It was only later in the day that the story changed to him being on, and taken off, of life support. But thanks for your naive criticism.

I posted this once I saw it on Yahoo, and seeing someone post it on FaceBook. There was no way for me to know if he was on life support or not, as 'nothing' in any report said anything about life support, so there was no way for me, or others, to know differently. In fact it came out afterwards these stories about when I posted it -
So, it has nothing to do with me being a fan or not for my posting of it, even major rock stars read and thought the same. So unless you're going to critique the likes of the aboves for thinking the same, go stuff your condescending insults, and maybe read or watch the news to understand what did or didn't happen before you get up on your pompous 'highchair' to rain down your babbling nonsense. "L"

•••
•••
•••
The first albums are often the best albums. I bought it when it was released, just for this one song and for me it will live forever. RIP. TP I saw him open for someone in the late 70's, but don't remember who.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back