NameSilo

domain TodaysOutdoor.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kelly Fritz

Impact
The plan is for a directory type site that will have information for all 50 states in one central place but with links to outfitters and more relevant information than what is found on other 50 state sites. The idea would be for a person to plan their whole trip for one event from one website (i.e. camping trip, hunting lodges, etc.) and not only get all the info in one place (the regulations, the maps, the resources needed) but also a store that would provide all of the gear needed in one place. Right now it is just a domain name with a early vision. I am not the business owner.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can't put a dollar sign on a vision. The domain alone isn't worth anything unless that vision is implemented on it.

GL

•••
Can't put a dollar sign on a vision. The domain alone isn't worth anything unless that vision is implemented on it.

GL
No, not asking for a $ on a vision just the domain name. That's why it is a domain name appraisal. I should have been more clear and not muddied the intent with a vision. There could be any number of applications with this domain name but I am just looking for the appraisal on the domain name itself without anything attached to it. I would estimate the range to be anywhere from $700 - $3,000. I am trying to get a better mean and median. Thanks!

•••
I honestly don't get any pleasure out of giving low or valueless appraisals but...

I couldn't imagine myself sending an email to 500 companies relating to the domain and getting a single response if I were asking $100 for it except requesting that I not email them again. But almost everything has its buyer so you never know, but basing value on that alone isn't smart.

TodaysOutdoor doesn't sound right or read grammatically correct because what comes to mind to me is "The Great Outdoors" not "The Great Outdoor" - Imagine hearing it on a radio commercial "Visit us at Todays Outdoor dot com" -- I think it would sound better as Todays Outdoors, even that doesn't sound that great. It could be a brandable domain. Brandable = an original name for an original vision, but someone could pick up a domain with a better obvious appeal in your estimated range of value.

Even if you type "The Great Outdoor" it suggests adding an S at the end on Google. And when you do search there are a couple of businesses: .thegreatoutdoorsohio.com, etc.

This is the type of name quality I see on drop lists every day with no interest.

G'luck though.

•••
No or negligible value.

"Outdoor" + Noun = OK (possibly)

Adjective / Verb + "Outdoors" = OK (possibly)

TodayOutdoor.com sounds wrong.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back