Dynadot

discuss .today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
All...I purchased the following domains today. These domains cost me $60, but I think I may be on to something because of the .today that acts as a .com. and who doesn't want to make a deal/sale today? It was when I realized that every day is today and these names might make great eCommerce sites for all sorts of industries. Aesthetically these names look pretty good. I'm a business guy first, a marketer second, and a domainer third. What might you do if your were me? Thanks

DomainDeals.today
AutoSale.today
FurnitureSale.today
RVSale.today
ComputerSale.today
ApplianceSale.today
HomeSale.today
TruckSale.today
PuppySale.today
TireSale.today
ToySale.today
TicketDeals.today
JewelrySale.today
ArtSale.today
BoatDeals.today
BoatSale.today
ComputerDeals.today
BigScreenDeals.today
TVDeals.today
ApplianceDeals.today
FurnitureDeals.today
HouseSales.today
SkyDeals.today
PhoneDeals.today
GourmetGifts.today
YachtSales.today
BikeSales.today
GiftSales.today
WineSales.today
BeerSales.today
CruiseDeals.today

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Fancy.domains

The problem is its not just .today names there are over 500 in other extensions too. Nobody should be that new to domaining and own that many names, its a tactic we see all the time and these domainers dont last 18 months usually, reality kicks in about November 2018 when you get those first renewal emails

My advice to new domainers is never to register more than 20 names before making your first sale.

Giles....I'm beginning to like you:xf.grin: I'm addicted to life, but this domain thing was a total accident. I have about 5K tied up in domain names, but in the big scheme of things, that's nothing. Heck, the average price of a new care in 2017 is $33,560....hard to believe, but check it out for yourself.

Of all the names I own, I'm looking to develop just one, "FirstCarMemories".com where I've built a pretty solid business model that will generate 10M in annual revenues in 5 years. While that's a priority of mine, I do have two more priorities/opportunities that I will working on in the coming years, and one of them is buying/selling/developing domains. I need a partner to help me with this, but with the domains I own, combined with my marketing background, I believe there are both a lot of FUN and MONEY to be had. For if you're having fun, you're mostly likely making money.

That's all I got for now....I'm headed to church with one of recent domains I purchased, GodBless.Today
Maybe God will take pity on me, and help me sell it to a high powered evangelist:xf.grin:

•••
Anybody can make money by working hard, but if you end up making money in your business ventures it will not be because of the domain names.

Premium domain names can really boost a business by providing credibility, brandability and memorability but for the vast majority of businesses that's the opposite: the domain name is worthless if you remove the company behind it. Google would be worthless (or almost as it could work as a brandable), but a name Apple would always be worth something to countless end users.
Many end users have bad names, names that really drag them down and hinder their growth.

Even .com domains can be challenging to advertise, or simply spelling an E-mail address over the phone can be difficult. Let alone with oddballs TLDs nobody knows.
Try running a real-life business on an nTLD and you'll see :)
I have never come across a real business using a .today so far. There is a reason why real businesses stay away from unpopular extensions.

•••
.today suits most to a news companies, but they still reach to .com IMHO.
@Bulloney you are really hard to argue with. Let's see next year, how much of the 120 .today you'll still have. Good luck

•••
•••
Anybody can make money by working hard, but if you end up making money in your business ventures it will not be because of the domain names.

Premium domain names can really boost a business by providing credibility, brandability and memorability but for the vast majority of businesses that's the opposite: the domain name is worthless if you remove the company behind it. Google would be worthless (or almost as it could work as a brandable), but a name Apple would always be worth something to countless end users.
Many end users have bad names, names that really drag them down and hinder their growth.

Even .com domains can be challenging to advertise, or simply spelling an E-mail address over the phone can be difficult. Let alone with oddballs TLDs nobody knows.
Try running a real-life business on an nTLD and you'll see :)
I have never come across a real business using a .today so far. There is a reason why real businesses stay away from unpopular extensions.

Kate...you're missing the point totally. The majority of my .today domains are not meant to be businesses or brands. Take the two new .today domains I registered a few minutes ago. BoatLoans.today and
Re-Finance.today. Neither of these names are meant to be businesses or brands. However, they are meant to be sales/lead generators to anyone in the lending business who see's the value I see in them. So are they as good as BoatLoans.com or Refinance.com? No, but those two domains aren't available, and even if they were, they'd be 100K or more. Note...I did a real big no-no by putting a hyphen-dash in the name, but it wasn't available without the hyphen-dash. Besides, if the domain is appealing to my neighbors eye who is a mortgage broker, that's good enough for me:xf.grin: Do you have any idea how many boat loans or refi's are done every year in the US?

I know you're one of my biggest fans from the legal discussion board, lol! As an fyi, I already have one of the special domain "Memories" groups working with me, and a Nationally recognized Wounded Warriors group to promote special memories for their patrons. While there's a chance I could make a buck or two from this, it's not my intent. I won't share with you who it is because I'm sure you would do your best to blow my cover....in which case if you tried, you better have good E&O or Professional Liability Insurance.

Bulloney:xf.grin:

•••
.today suits most to a news companies, but they still reach to .com IMHO.
@Bulloney you are really hard to argue with. Let's see next year, how much of the 120 .today you'll still have. Good luck

eurorealtor...if NONE of the 120 .today domains sell by a year from now, I stand to lose $240, and some valuable time. I don't think any of you following me on this thread understand the Risk vs. Reward theory. If you did you'd being doing something more constructive than trying to give this DomainDrunk.com advice.

•••
Re-Finance.today. Neither of these names are meant to be businesses or brands. However, they are meant to be sales/lead generators to anyone in the lending business who see's the value I see in them.
But nobody sees value in them, that's why these names were unregistered in the first place. Even for $1.99 nobody would touch them. People don't know about .today and they don't care. They don't need your domains since they can easily find some alternative (and better) domains that are available.

eurorealtor...if NONE of the 120 .today domains sell by a year from now, I stand to lose $240, and some valuable time. I don't think any of you following me on this thread understand the Risk vs. Reward theory. If you did you'd being doing something more constructive than trying to give this DomainDrunk.com advice.
With $240 you could buy better domains, for example 3 good prerelease domains, viable domains. These names of yours are no good, and they will be dropped by next year because they should not have been registered in the first place and I am saying this is in a most friendly manner. I don't think you are ready yet to receive reasonable advice but you seem to enjoy yourself :)
However, what you're building is not a portfolio but a collection of domains. If you have some spare money consider donating to charity instead.
This is not just for you, this is a suggestion for domainers in general.

Last edited:
•••
•••
But nobody sees value in them, that's why these names were unregistered in the first place. Even for $1.99 nobody would touch them. People don't know about .today and they don't care. They don't need your domains since they can easily find some alternative (and better) domains that are available.

With $240 you could buy better domains, for example 3 good prerelease domains, viable domains. These names of yours are no good, and they will be dropped by next year because they should not have been registered in the first place and I am saying this is in a most friendly manner. I don't think you are ready yet to receive reasonable advice but you seem to enjoy yourself :)
However, what you're building is not a portfolio but a collection of domains. If you have some spare money consider donating to charity instead.
This is not just for you, this is a suggestion for domainers in general.

Kate....you're really funny:xf.grin: You're right about one thing, I really am enjoying myself, and you're part of the reason. Thanks for the entertainment:wacky: Have you ever sold anything in your life? I didn't think so:xf.rolleyes:

•••
as a general rule, if you buy a generic non-cctld extension other than .com and the .com is available in most cases, you are throwing money away.

a lot of what people call domaining is a combination of wasting time and money + some wishful thinking in the mix

its still much better than drug addiction or environmental pollution though

Last edited:
•••
as a general rule, if you buy a generic non-cctld extension other than .com and the .com is available in most cases, you are throwing money away.

a lot of what people call domaining is a combination of wasting time and money + some wishful thinking in the mix

its still much better than drug addiction or environmental pollution though

Seriously? You act as though I'm buying these .today domains at random without a plan for them? And if you think my plan is to just put them up for sale, and hope someone notices them, you're sadly mistaken.
btw, take Refinance.com, and compare it to Refinance.today. GoDaddy's appraisal for Refinance.com is
$25,000 and it's currently being used as a lead/sales generator for mortgage, auto, student and credit card loans. I'm not sure how much they paid for this domain, but if they bought it in the last 10 years, I would say they paid a lot! So humor me for a second, if before the internet existed you would see these two names side-by-side, which name would you use for your business? but...but...but...but...I hear you now:xf.grin:

Again, I'm a businessman first, a marketeer second and a domainer third. Maybe it's my enthusiasm or my passion, but I feel I'll be able to hone my presentation to make some sweetheart deals. I'm bett'n on me, the "DomainDrunk".com Thanks for the encouragement:wacky:

•••
I have had glam.today for months. No offers yet.

Shopman...I'm guessing "glam" is short for glamorous? I could see glamorous.today, but it's already taken. Here are the six names I bought today, and there's logical reasoning behind each one.

BoatLoans.today
Re-Finance.today
GourmetShop.today
HobbyShop.today
Overwhelm.today
Speculation.today

Again, these domains won't sell themselves, and they certainly wouldn't sell on a NoPros auction. It's up to me to make a market for them, and that's all part of the plan.

Good Luck Shopman!

•••
Shopman...I'm guessing "glam" is short for glamorous? I could see glamorous.today, but it's already taken. Here are the six names I bought today, and there's logical reasoning behind each one.

BoatLoans.today
Re-Finance.today
GourmetShop.today
HobbyShop.today
Overwhelm.today
Speculation.today

Again, these domains won't sell themselves, and they certainly wouldn't sell on a NoPros auction. It's up to me to make a market for them, and that's all part of the plan.

Good Luck Shopman!

lol , i'm just curious ..... can anyone else hear the looney tunes cartoon theme music

•••
I'm just curious...this is a private message I just got from NoPros poster Frank-Widner. Is this the level of domain pro that frequents here? Sad.....very, very Sad!

"lol , we see clowns like you come & go all the time on here at namepro's .....your nothing new here bulloney (great name by the way .....fits you perfect ) you probably seen some article online about some dude getting a million dollars for a domain & think ..." hey , i can do that too " .....domaining is hard , you've got your head in the clouds & feet off the ground & you come come off as a pompous ass to be honest with you . you'll learn the hard way buddy ....when i see or read a post by you im thinking that your just another pie eyed dreamer who lives in a trailer park spending his hard earned cash on domain lottery tickets (so too speak ) or your just a guy who has too much money & is bored ? who knows ....you might sell a few , i hope you do & i do get where your going with the lead generation stuff but if you ask 100 people about .today they'll look at you like you have 3 heads ,lol......"

•••
I'm just curious...this is a private message I just got from NoPros poster Frank-Widner. Is this the level of domain pro that frequents here? Sad.....very, very Sad!

"lol , we see clowns like you come & go all the time on here at namepro's .....your nothing new here bulloney (great name by the way .....fits you perfect ) you probably seen some article online about some dude getting a million dollars for a domain & think ..." hey , i can do that too " .....domaining is hard , you've got your head in the clouds & feet off the ground & you come come off as a pompous ass to be honest with you . you'll learn the hard way buddy ....when i see or read a post by you im thinking that your just another pie eyed dreamer who lives in a trailer park spending his hard earned cash on domain lottery tickets (so too speak ) or your just a guy who has too much money & is bored ? who knows ....you might sell a few , i hope you do & i do get where your going with the lead generation stuff but if you ask 100 people about .today they'll look at you like you have 3 heads ,lol......"
edited

Last edited:
•••
Refinance.com must be getting some type-in traffic, as such it has built-in value and must be bringing in qualified leads on a daily basis. Not to mention its branding and advertising potential. You don't get those benefits in an oddball TLD. Re-Finance.today doesn't have the same kind of credibility and memorability.
You are really overdoing it with misspellings. Nobody will visit your names unless you advertise them heavily. But then any other domain would do the trick as fine. I doubt you will get around to developing and monetizing all these names by the time they come up for renewal.

•••
...just for information for those who are interested... "finance.today" was sold recently :-,

.just for information :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
...just for information for those who are interested... "finance.today" was sold recently :-,

.just for information
Who sold it and for how much?:)

•••
•••
a few seconds ago I hand registered:

Gun.Today

for ~$36 :|

Last edited:
•••
1 word product names like beer * today are actually pretty good :)

•••
1 word product names like beer * today are actually pretty good :)

.today is good, but I like .Life, .Club, .World domains more (premium domains only) :)

•••
Refinance.com must be getting some type-in traffic, as such it has built-in value and must be bringing in qualified leads on a daily basis. Not to mention its branding and advertising potential. You don't get those benefits in an oddball TLD. Re-Finance.today doesn't have the same kind of credibility and memorability.
You are really overdoing it with misspellings. Nobody will visit your names unless you advertise them heavily. But then any other domain would do the trick as fine. I doubt you will get around to developing and monetizing all these names by the time they come up for renewal.

lol,Kate...you still don't get it. I tried to get refinance.today, but it was taken, but re-finance.today was available so I bought it for 1.99...a HUGE risk I know, but someone had to do it. Keep up the great work Kate, it not only entertains and motivates me, it brings more attention to the .today extension. Cheers my dear!!!

•••
.today is good, but I like .Life, .Club, .World domains more (premium domains only) :)

you mean Beer.Life, Beer.Club, Beer.World?
They're all pretty good, but can't beat FreeBeer.today or FreePizza.today.

Thanks for sharing:wacky:

•••

you mean Beer.Life, Beer.Club, Beer.World?
They're all pretty good, but can't beat FreeBeer.today or FreePizza.today.

Thanks for sharing

No, I'm talking about domains of the same quality as my domains...

New.Life
Sex.Life
Game.Life
Food.World
Water.World
Adventure.World

etc, etc... I have more than 100 similar domains ...

I don't consider Beer,Life domain a very good domain... I got it just for $1,99
...as well as Beer,Today is a low quality domain.

I have Cash.Today - this is a high quality domain.

I got Crypto.Life also for $1,99 just a few months ago... and already received several offers for sale it,
the largest - $5000

Last edited:
•••
Back