Dynadot

discuss TM words in domains. Swiss/Intel both TM, yet on BB, so I decided to get OracleIntel. This is why:

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Super-Annuation

#Top Member
Impact
I see worlds like "Intel / Signal" "Swiss / Intel" "Audio / Oracle" "Fund / Oracle" being marketed on BrandBucket, yet Oracle and Intel both have international TM.

So the TM classes, services and potential brand dillution mustn't be an issue when displaying TM words. This made me curious, and I decided to get "Oracle / Intel" and "Intel / Oracle" as they're attractive names for blockchain tech oracle functions.

Anyway

"Swiss / Intelt" currently on BrandBucket has two Trademark words "Swiss" and "Intel." which has me thinking "Oracle / Intel" cannot be discriminated against, just because each word is TM.

So I guess the buyer of TM words is within their rights to own the business name and domain name, as long as they're not causing "brand dilution," consumer confusion between brands, or operating under the TM classes (e.g. 36 financial) services (e.g. 36, computerised financial services, provision of insurance advice etc)

If it were legal for a company to hold universal rights to all services and produced gods branding etc, then citizen liberty to own by law said intellectual property would be excessively executed, and infringe on others right to a name.

We have the Madrid Protocol and Intellectual Property Law for a reason; Fair entitlement to intellectual property and ensuring international integrity of intellectual property be protected. However, that protection will only exist where the law and protocol cover, it's not universal by default, hence branding/words/classes/services being fractions of a whole that is called Intellectual Property.

If you have a different opinion I'd be happy to hear it. I'm just tired of people saying "it's TM, you can't have that." If their words have even a shred of credit, I'd be happy to hear it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I meant Intel. Like oracles feeding intel onto the blockchain.

Anyway, I don't have to delete it due to legislation. That's kind of what this post was about

Thanks for your reply
ahhh I see - you mistakenly added the "t"!

So there is a Swiss Intell company already trading swissintell.ch - market research company, note the double "T" though

How the hell have Brandbucket allowed Swiss Intel to be listed? If I was Intel I would be going after that, they are based in Zurich and do a lot of business with Swiss based companies.....

Someone has obviously seen the Swiss Intell company and decided to just drop the additional "L" and hoped for the best

•••
ahhh I see - you mistakenly added the "t"!

So there is a Swiss Intell company already trading swissintell.ch - market research company, note the double "T" though

How the hell have Brandbucket allowed Swiss Intel to be listed? If I was Intel I would be going after that, they are based in Zurich and do a lot of business with Swiss based companies.....

Someone has obviously seen the Swiss Intell company and decided to just drop the additional "L" and hoped for the best

They're probably trying to brand a bakery store or candy shop. Who knows.

What do you think of 'Stellar Intel' or 'Finer Intel' given the future demand of data?

Any possible TM breaches here? WIPO have no TM for both.

•••
•••
•••
•••
It may turns against you, besides domains like these give us all a bad reputation in the industry.

You're right.

Genuinely asking here:

Almost every word has a Trademark.

In the same industry, have two business shared a word and offered similar services.

Cheers

•••
It may turns against you, besides domains like these give us all a bad reputation in the industry.

That is

Has a business with a trademark of a genericized word, shared this word with another business?

Like mart

K Mart
Mini Mart

Can I call my business My Mart, or Intel Mart, and be a mart of the same service?

Or would I need to lease the word Mart?

Or..?

Last edited:
•••
I am sure many domain investors have some TM related domains, because they may not know about existing TM, however Intel is very well known and obvious.

•••
What about "hefty"
We know hefty is a popular brand in the US the deal on detergent and other cleaning stuff
I looked up the Tm and I saw that 3 different has registered it but all has added words. So the word Hefty on it's own is not Tm

Now I want buy a domain in a different niche altogether
The niche has nothing with cleaning stuff a whole different niche
Is it advisable to buy this?

•••
I saw heftybrain.com also listed at SH
Does this justify mine?
Haven't bought yet though but am contemplating

•••
OP seems to be obsessed by TM related domains judging by every other post he made.

I don't care what you do but you seem to have a hard time taking into account the advice that is given by people that have been around for quite some time and know what they're talking about.

You state you're no expert yet you challenge everyone who tells you to forget about obvious trademarks.

NP is a great place if you're willing to learn. Look for members who have been around with a proven track record and you will at least get inspired.

Nothing in this industry is set in stone but you'll notice most successful domainers educate themselves and rely on basic common sense.

Everything you posted so far shows me you are not willing to learn or take advantage of the advice and knowledge that can be obtained at this forum.

This will be my final post on this matter.

•••
Lawyers for Intel & Oracle join to the chat room....

Lawyers for Intel & Oracle are typing.....

•••
I saw heftybrain.com also listed at SH
Does this justify mine?
Haven't bought yet though but am contemplating

As a case example LatinaIntel, a news company, nothing to do with Tech, was bullied by Intel

I guess it's a hard question to answer.

•••
OP seems to be obsessed by TM related domains judging by every other post he made.

I don't care what you do but you seem to have a hard time taking into account the advice that is given by people that have been around for quite some time and know what they're talking about.

You state you're no expert yet you challenge everyone who tells you to forget about obvious trademarks.

NP is a great place if you're willing to learn. Look for members who have been around with a proven track record and you will at least get inspired.

Nothing in this industry is set in stone but you'll notice most successful domainers educate themselves and rely on basic common sense.

Everything you posted so far shows me you are not willing to learn or take advantage of the advice and knowledge that can be obtained at this forum.

This will be my final post on this matter.
I already stated after I purchased it, I realised what I had done.

The point to this thread was that I didn't have to delete it, nor get in trouble for owning it, you pompous condom.

•••
you pompous condom.

Believe me if I were a condom I would have prevented the sperm of someone you're particularly familiar with to reach his destination.

Obviously I'm not as these threads keep popping up.

Nuff said.

•••
short answer: you are a noob domainer! TM words does not make your nonsense domains valuable, stop buying any domains and start learning.

Don't take my answer as an insult but as a constructive criticism.

•••
short answer: you are a noob domainer! TM words does not make your nonsense domains valuable, stop buying any domains and start learning.

Don't take my answer as an insult but as a constructive criticism.

How's this for a noob: CryptoAssets.com.au

I'm learning, yet I don't want people to tell me I could get sued for owning a domain and to delete it because a word is TM.

That's what this thread was about.

•••
I will also say in the SodaCoke.com situation, @Sedo should not be taking money to promote blatant trademarks on their platform. This one is not well it's a fine line how will it be used? It's a blatant trademark and they should get dinged too for profiting from this nonsense, they are not a registrar afforded certain rights.

Sedo has certain measures set in place to prevent domains being listed on our marketplace which may be subject to trademark issues. From time to time, some domains slip through this process. We certainly dont actively promote any domains which may be subject to trademark issues. Sedo strives to protect trademark holders rights and is constantly looking at new ways to stop this type of thing happening. It is ultimately the domain owners responsibility to ensure that they only list domains which do not infringe on trademark rights. Despite this, we have deleted and blocked the domain from our marketplace, and we have refunded the seller for the Direct Auction that they ordered.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we wish you every success in your domain affairs.

•••
I actually recently registered a name with intel. But, it's not due to the company, its a short version of intelligence.

•••
man alive to be a registar and get so much $ daily by such who are just aching to give it all away ! Its money in the bank with so many foolish domainers!

•••
I actually recently registered a name with intel. But, it's not due to the company, its a short version of intelligence.
Thanks...you just inspired intel.homes followed by DomainDisability(.)com that will be my defense should Intel get nasty:xf.rolleyes:

•••
Trademark in a domain: no problem. At least it is not Sedo's business to protect TM holders. Sedo should allow all domains, except things criminal in nature, like howtokilllchildren.org

Sedo allows some obviously infringing domains like ibmcomputers.com, and blocks things like berlin.com. Sedo's strategy in this thing is completely wrong.

Also they show TM ads, and you can't disable keywords. For example if you have appleplace.com, they will show ipad, mac ads, and you can't disable words like apple, mac, ipod, or anything else. Sedo has bugs, maybe new bugs.

Sedo's online help doesn't work. Never ever worked. They have such an option, but it is like an error link.
If contacting Sedo online is not possible, then no such option should be shown to people.

Sedo should create landing pages with no ads, and full tracking, not just yesterday's country list. Countries are almost always: USA, China, Ireland, and usually/probably they are bot visits. If from USA, which state.

Also in Sedo's parking tracking, I'm shown things like EPC, RPM, which have no value at all. I care more about visits to the offer page, and where such a visit comes from: search, or landing page. We provide traffic to Sedo, and get nothing useful in return, except 1 cents per 1000 visits.
Also it looks like Sedo is discouraging sales in multiple ways. Buyers would have trouble realising that domain is for sale, and once decide to buy, can change his mind, and decide not to buy, and will get protected, because any useful info given by cheater won't be given to the seller in such a case. Sedo seems to prevent sales outside Sedo, but domain won't be sold at Sedo anyway to that person, why insist on not giving his email. Why would fake sales be allowed: One thing that comes to mind, buy at one place, sell at another place simultaneously, and if the real enduser doesn't pay. then don't pay to the actual seller, and just cancel the transaction.

Last edited:
•••
The op is obviously a genius, stumbling onto a brand new niche. Your only problem is, I don’t think you are truly vested in this vibrant niche. You need to go all in and come back five years from now, when everyone is whining about how they missed yet another opportunity. Im betting they will be writing articles about you. These are probably available:

Microsoft google
Microsoft quickbooks
Microsoft sun microsystems
Register like 1000 of these, then start with ‘google’

Then there’s the celebrity opportunity:

IntelMadonna
McDonaldsEltonJohm
McDonaldsGarthBrooks

You should spend everything you have on this, immediately.

•••
I'm thinking, as Blockchain Oracles improve, some will stand out among others. Companies will want those oracles for their commercial or retail platforms services etc.

I guess anyone looking to monetise valuable Oracles, or some mad gypsy lady that speaks to ghosts.

I'm just saying, "Yes, each word has a TM. Yes, I'm fine with that. Please stop your pathetic TM callouts and resale spill, because you're making yourself look like an idiot, and exposing you think I don't know what I purchased. Stop"
I think there is an opener for what you have. There is a clear definition and it isn't the company Oracle that it refers to.

https://blockchainhub.net/blockchain-oracles/

"An oracle, in the context of blockchains and smart contracts, is an agent that finds and verifies real-world occurrences and submits this information to a blockchain to be used by smart contracts."

----
The only problem I see is if they would go after you but I think they would lose. Oracle has no mention of Blockchain, smart contracts or cryptocurrency in their TM but they do mention "Online Trading Software" and "management of financial transactions".

Goods and Services
"full line of computer software to manage, analyze, retrieve, monitor, maintain, report on, structure, model, forecast, present and display data and information from computer databases and the internet, and for the development, analysis, management, integration, deployment and maintenance of computer software; web services software, application server software, database software, business intelligence software, internet and intranet portal software, data warehousing software, content management software, online trading software, online training software, telephony software, fax messaging software, electronic mail software, scheduling software, wireless communications software, and voice enablement software; computer software applications in the fields of marketing, sales, customer service, contracts, human resources, clinical research, health care, education, communications and telecommunications, call centers, public sector administration, public and private utilities, processing, analysis and management of financial transactions, management of supply chains, orders, procurement, inventory, assets, projects and manufacturing, business consolidation management, business risk management, business quality management, business project management, business stakeholder-shareholder relationship management, and strategic business, simulation, enterprise and resource planning; and instructional manuals sold as a unit"
Source

I believe their Oracle is the greek Oracle and yours is a cryptocurrency process.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not advocating that you make any decisions that could get you sued but I believe that the copyrights that have been around for many years are not going to be able to hold as far as new techniques and processes evolve without being updated. If that makes any sense to anyone. I am thinking in another language today.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back