NameSilo

Titanium iOS question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi Everyone,

So let me preface this by saying that I am not a developer (though I used to know some basic java), but I am having developed an app and I have hit a roadblock.

I am creating an app that will allow a user to enter some information and track the status of something online, and when a certain variable becomes true a notification will occur, all the tracking will be done using php scraping scripts on my server, and the server will then tell the app when to notify the user.

My goal was to have a notification with a custom message as well as an alarm that will occur on any page/app/screen (including when locked) so that the user can be notified immediately (as the information is time sensitive). I didnt want this to be done through push notification since many users often automatically click not to allow push notifications, not realizing the implications this may cause. I have recently learned that iOS does not allow background running of an app for more than 10min unless they fit very specific requirements, that I do not believe this app would full under. This means that my server wont be able to communicate with the app after the first 10min. Is there any other way to do this? Are we missing something?

Thanks for the help!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back