IT.COM

.co Time to sell LLL.CO domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Vergatiesa

Established Member
Impact
As you guys know LLL.CO prices have skyrocketed. The ones without v,a,e,i,o,u are already selling for $700 and the other ones are going for $200. These domains had pretty much no value 6 months ago (it was easy to register them using any registrar). Do you guys think the prices will continue to go up or it's time to sell them? I have a bunch and I am wondering whether it's a good time to sell them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well its great to see the increase in value but its another thing finding the buyers willing to pay premium $ for them.

My biggest concern is domnain supply outstrips demand but the one major positive is the rarity of 3l domains .

Selling to domainers as we all know won't get you the $ you want but you certainly will make roi on these its a matter of what are you satisfied making and leaving $ on the table

Just saying...

•••
Do what fits you. Make yourself comfortable.
If you need money, go ahead and sell some.
If you have lots of money, go ahead and buy more.
You won't always sell at the highest point, nor will you always buy at the lowest point.

•••
I was just asking if you guys think these domains prices are likely going to continue to raise or if they have reached the highest value. I know that nobody knows this, I am just asking an opinion.

•••
Definitely a raise. .co is still at its infancy stage. Too much rooms to reflect its true value.

•••
Good 3L/3N and 4N/4L .co still has a lot of room to grow imo. It's following all the right trends. Non-premiums will get drawn up in floor price too by the increase in premium names.

Then again who knows :) That's why its called speculation.

There is also no shame in taking an honest win and selling up if you are so inclined. A win is a win!

•••
I was just asking if you guys think these domains prices are likely going to continue to raise or if they have reached the highest value. I know that nobody knows this, I am just asking an opinion.
If you are unsure, go for the middle of the road approach: sell a portion, and take a profit. Keep the rest, wait and see.
In a worst case scenario (total crash), your profit could still offset the loss.
You could do 50/50.

Personally I would be tempted to take a profit and move on. Of course, it depends on many parameters like your original acquisition costs. If you bought a bunch for regfee or at closeouts, you can make a healthy profit. If you paid $150 for names that are currently worth $200 then the immediate return is not compelling.

•••
I have a few 3L.co's in my portfolio as well. The plan was to flip them soon as I purchased them, but slowly but surely I'm seeing the floor price rise for these. I'm noticing plenty of investors asking for BULK of .co's. Some of these investors are playing with deep pockets. I've seen investors with a budget ranging from $10K up to $100K asking for 3L .co' (preferably no vowels or V). With all 3L .co's being registered and can only be captured on the aftermarket, that alone drives the price up (Supply & Demand). Some investors are even willing to pay above floor price just to obtain them. Those kind of actions by investors lets me know that either:

A.) These investors know something that I don't and they're goal is to obtain many Premium or Semi-premium 3L .co they can at a low rate while they still can. hmmmmm

B.) The demand for 3L .co's is rising and they want to be first in line considering that .co's value compared to this time last year has gone up

IMO, I think the rise in the price or value is due to other 3L in the main extensions that are liked by Western's and Eastern's all being registered or traded for higher prices. Personally I think by the end of 2016 a lot of 3L, 3N, of any of the most liked extension will have a higher floor price that the previous year.

In other words, I'm holding mine until I think it's the right time to recoup my ROI (which I believe will be by the end of 2016, hopefully).

I've noticed that just like most stocks (If not all) everything is pure speculations until it happen (except .com)!

•••
If the overall domain market stays strong, I think .co will continue moving up. It could eventually be seen as second best to .com, and we all know .com prices are out of reach for most.

I think LLL.co could approach prices for LLL.net and LLL.cc, and maybe even surpass.

.co could become the 'best' of the second best extensions, for those who want a generic, global extension and can't afford the .com

I am seeing all the same things @DomainPluto posted above.

•••
Edited.

Hopefully .CO renewal prices come down and then we might see this become the 2nd go-to extension after .COM

•••
.co is hot at the moment i personally think .co will become equivalent to .cc this just my opinion.
But no one can predict the future.

i tend to buy some and hold some and rebuy some and sell some more that works for me.

•••
As I've said in prior posts I've made my biggest sale in Dot co & think it has lots of potential as its simply a decent extension compared to a lot of others.

Its just a matter of time I hope when we start to profit from this new influx of buyers to drive demand and values higher.

IMO dot co has more potential to succeed in standing out from most other extensions due to its inherent qualities.

•••
I am getting alot of spam on 3L.co, I assume most are held by smarter domainers, and they are not being shaken as easily. Usually prices in the $400-$500 range for chips.

If the .com are going for about $60K, no way I am giving up 3L.co for $500, makes no sense, the .com are out of reach, .co looks like the next best fit.

They should be at least selling for 5% of the .com value, worse case scenario.

•••
•••
I've had a huge increase in mass spam about my LLL .co domains. In other words, it's the same email sent to all of them. This is not the best way to sell them. I would consider marketplaces such as Sedo, NameJet or Flippa - and of course, NamePros.

•••
If you need cash sell some, I'll be doing the same.

LLL.co are scarce, they look good and the extension has a lot of potential meanings. I'm planning to hold as much as I can for 5-10 years.

•••
I'm not selling my LLL.co for mid $xxx (reseller price), but if prices ever reach end user level ($2000+) I might change my mind.

•••
My opinion: first, what's considered a premium depends on who's buying. Secondly, in a way I personally think their value will increase with time. Years back many of us felt that .co would simply be looked at as a typo of .com, but look at the direction in which the industry has grown. Now there are all types of .tlds and netizens are getting used to the fact that not everything you type on the address bar exists as a .com.

A part of me wants to believe that in the future, .co might even be looked at as a shorter form of .com, I mean, why type three letters when you can type only 2 right?

.co also has a nice ring to it. If only their reg and renewal fees were similar to that of the .com.

•••
If only their reg and renewal fees were similar to that of the .com.

More of a pain for us domainers :D

Don't think it'll stop end user adoption.

•••
Yup. But if it was cheaper, we would be registering even more, which might result in a faster buyout, and possibly and increase in its retail value. One can dream. Haha.

•••
I've believed in .co right from the beginning and I've always had a liking for nnn.co but couldnt get hold of them.

I do have a nice portfolio of .co's but let a load of them drop 18 months ago because the renewals were a bit expensive for me at that particular time.

•••
Does anyone know a website where I can find out which .co domains haven't been registered yet?

•••
i think its time to hold - llll.co are picking up and when there all gone lll will rise again?
beauty of co its also only two characters .
i think thats the thing, people want short and com net org biz info are all obviously three or more letters

lll.co is five letters - so to get that in any other top extension means buying an ll
not many people are in those leagues but anyone can buy an lll.co cheapish
ive got a feeling it wont be for long
you can argue its a cctld but i think its generic enough its used like a gtld and its also obviously a shorter version of com which cant do cant it any harm

•••
IMO opinion as far as TLDs go dot co is in top 5 cause it has meaning, short, looks like com, covers business\ company, ez to type, has history of decent sales.

as far as an extension it is superior in many ways!

•••
has history of decent sales

I like this :)

When I need to raise cash I sell llll.com rather than lll.co.

For the price of good lll.co, I'd rather have them than the .com's at 50-100x the price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back