Dynadot

.tv Time to move on

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Len

dot TV'erVIP Member
Impact
Hi everyone,
It's true, I have decided to move on and get out of the domaining game. It is time for the "Old guy" to step aside! Lol

I have found that over the last 6 months or so that I have less time available to commit to domaining and as such I am unable to compete.

It has been great to see a lot of new people getting into the .tv arena and the competition is fierce to say the least, which IMO bodes well for the future.

I have made a lot of great friends who have been willing to help me, and others, along the way, some still here and others that have moved on. I won't name names as there are too many to mention so I will just say a general "Thank you" to all in .tv land.

Cheers,
Len
:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Best of luck in your new ventures.

Don't get scrooged! I always get that Ebenezer around the holidays. Every year I almost sell off all my domains LOL!

I would say it is pretty simple, if you are making money keep doing what you are doing, if not change direction.

•••
I've got to admit that you guy's are the best....I am honoured and at the same time humbled by your comments.
I will obviously be around until the 21st and will pop back now and again, although as a spectator rather than a player. :)

Many, many thanks.

Len

•••
I would say it is pretty simple, if you are making money keep doing what you are doing, if not change direction.

I get the Ebenezer feeling because at times domaining is tedious and ultimately not rewarding. As a domainer you don't have alot to show for your hard work besides $. I quit playing video games for money for the same exact reason. It was easy money, but there was little satisfaction. Domaining is essentially the same. I would quit except it has been one of the only consistent sources of extra income for me over the last 5 years, I have yet to end a year in the red from my domain investments.

I'm happy for Len in the sense that maybe he will spend his time doing something rewarding and gratifying. Have something to remember and show for his efforts besides a good rating and a few extra dollars!

•••
Hey Len, just want to say "thank you" for being here and sharing with us for the past few years... i feel like i've learned much from the knowledge you have shared and i want to say that you are definitely one of the good guys and will be sorely missed. Best to you and all of your future endeavors. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Please try and check in once and a while to say hi. :)

•••
Best of luck Len and all the best to you! Stay in touch :)

•••
bye len all the best mate

•••
Hey Len,

Sorry to hear you leaving Dot TV completely.
I cant believe you are even selling your own name??? Gulp.

You have been someone I have always looked up to, AND listened to, so you will definitely be missed by me!

As for leaving domaining...I guess it makes sense.
There are so many things in life that are much more important than domaining...Health, Family, Happiness, etc.

So, I wish you the absolute best in whatever you choose to do and hope that all of the those things I mentioned...Your Health, Family, and Happiness are Doing very well.

Warning - As the prices of true quality Dot TV domains are rising quicker than our National debt...If and when you DO come back here to Dot TV land...Since I am gonna buy all of your names, and since you are a great friend I will only charge you double the price I paid to get your portfolio back! :)

Take Care Brotha,
Vito

•••
Hey Len,

Sorry to hear you leaving Dot TV completely.

You have been someone I have always looked up to, AND listened to, so you will definitely be missed by me!

As for leaving domaining...I guess it makes sense.
There are so many things in life that are much more important than domaining...Health, Family, Happiness, etc.

So, I wish you the absolute best in whatever you choose to do and hope that all of the those things I mentioned...Your Health, Family, and Happiness are Doing very well.

Warning - As the prices of true quality Dot TV domains are rising quicker than our National debt...If and when you DO come back here to Dot TV land...Since I am gonna buy all of your names, and since you are a great friend I will only charge you double the price I paid to get your portfolio back! :)

Take Care Brotha,
Vito

Thanks Vito, you are one of many who I have had the pleasure of knowing on this forum. :)

P.S. I hope you have fun bidding! :santa:

•••

I think it is a sign of someone with a good financial focus in my view, if you aren't using a name, have no plans for it, and it is worth something, then why keep it? Even if it is your own first name, unless you are Oprah having a first name domain is usually not much more than a novelty.

Warning - As the prices of true quality Dot TV domains are rising quicker than our National debt..

ok.....

•••
Best of luck, Len.

Sameh

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back