Dynadot

discuss Time to give up domaining

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
Time to give up with domaining once and for all. Having had my domains listed here on NP, GD, eBay, promoting them on social media, direct marketing, I've struggled to barely sell any. Despite even reducing the prices to what I consider to be giving some of them away, still nothing. See others selling what appear to be bizzare even worthless names for $XXX or $XXXX, not that I begrudge anyone that, I guess domaining is just not for me !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Not a good time to invest so it's smart you're giving up. Don't be fooled by others, they just want to sell their domains to you. You can't lose anymore money if you don't buy. use that money to buy some lobsters.

•••
"give up domaining" - isn't it exactly what hugedomains wants to happen with all of us, as various threads like "hugedomains is buying 50% @ godaddy expired auctions" clearly indicate?
In any case, I'd prefer to optimize portfolio quality (vs. quantity), not an easy task of course. Even though I technically see how domains I drop are re-registered by other domainers who have lower (or different) quality criterias than mine. Hugedomains takes a lot from my drops. Other domainers are taking many. Even pure mistakes such as mistypes of Mississippi - related domains are frequently re-regged. So, imho, _quality_ is the key nowadays

Last edited:
•••
Domain names is like selling and or direct sales etc -

Eg it is either the easiest lowest paid job in the world

or

It can be the hardest highest paid job in the world

Each person buying and selling domains makes it what it is

Time adds value to the price of good domain names tho

But with gd allegedly advertising on tv more people will be typing in domain names in to gd search which effectively does the work for the domain name investor

•••
•••
I had the same feeling back then, but instead of saying "Time to give up domaining", I said "Time to buy better". It is the easiest and the most profitable business in this world. Buy better mate.
What type of domains would qualify as better

•••
Hello Doofer,
I do understand you.
I am also very disapointed with this business.
I have a lot of 2 word .com domains and other domains in .org, .co.uk, .cn etc... (1 word domains).
When people are asking for "keyword" related domains I send them mine (without the price or with a fair price for reseller) and each time I have no response.

Example:
1 persone is asking for bitcoin related domains.
I send him
BitcoinFactories.com and other bitcoin related domains and NO RESPONSE !

1 persone is asking for token related domains.
I send him
EncryptedToken.com and other token related domains and NO RESPONSE !

1 persone is asking for crypto related domains.
I send him
CryptoTechnicians.com and other crypto related domains and NO RESPONSE !

1 persone is asking for coin related domains.
I send him
emercoins.com (a cryptocurrency) and other cryptocurrency related domains and NO RESPONSE !

And It's the same thing for the .org, .cn, .co.uk domains I have.

When I receive an offer on SEDO each time It's for a domain I have no longer.
I did not pay the registration fee and my domain was erased.

All that It's very weird and I am fed up with that.

I am on GoDaddy, SEDO, UNIREGISTRY, 4.cn and I have quality domains and no offer only on the domains I lost because I did not pay the registration fees.
It's very strange if you understand what I am thinking about...

All the best to all the domainers.

Philippe Ravel

•••
RECLAIMFEES.COM might have end user demand, if you keep only that one you are still domaining but proberly doing better.

•••
Hello am a newbie too. Find it interesting but in all what have learnt from the threads so far is to read up and learn not to rush.though have already bought some myself.i hope am able to sell them. Was trying to put them for appraisal but can't seem to find how to do so on the chats....Don't give up

•••
trying to put them for appraisal but can't seem to find how to do so
Hi Miska, just click on 'Appraisals' and start a new thread.

•••
It's definitely getting harder. Every auction I enter nowadays, people are bidding enormous amounts acquiring names, getting ridiculous. Wasn't like this several months back.

•••
Hello am a newbie too. Find it interesting but in all what have learnt from the threads so far is to read up and learn not to rush.though have already bought some myself.i hope am able to sell them. Was trying to put them for appraisal but can't seem to find how to do so on the chats....Don't give up

https://www.namepros.com/forums/domain-appraisal.3/create-thread

Guide =>
https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-evaluation-and-appraisals-guide.860781/#post-4876505

•••
Also, you need to decide what domaining should do for you: if your income depends on it, you must go for liquid (learn for example about LLLL .com chips), if it is something else then you have a variety of options.

Chips are dead the whole Chinese BS was stupid and will never happen again.

•••
•••
•••
Don't waste your hard earned money by renewing the same. Try for some different Strategy.

•••
Yea purchasing the same domain name on a different TLD was very risky. Obviously too late now, but you should have seif 1 sold before buying alternates.

Fundify.co.uk ain't too bad :)

•••
Investing money in domains in India is the worst decision a single woman professional, who is not well connected can take as the notoriously corrupt dishonest indian intelligence and security agencies will falsely label them as a security threat without any proof at all, hysterically repeat their lies like parrots for nearly a decade, to steal their savings, resume, correspondence, hold them a virtual prisoner
The extremely corrupt NTRO ( the indian equivalent of NSA) is extremely shameless and brazen in exploiting harmless indian women domain investors to enjoy lifetime free sex with google, tata supplied goan sex worker R&AW employees, getting jobs for their relatives and friends and getting bribes from anyone who pays their market price for abusing their powers, and making fake claims about domain, website, paypal account ownership
For example in India, specifically goa, a trained engineer who is investing money in domains, is not allowed to work elsewhere, so that large companies like google, tata can acquire technology for free, after putting the domain investor under surveillance, making the domain investor a slave for google, tata and others as they do not have to pay any salary and also do not have to invest any money in domains and related expenses .
Additionally large it and internet companies are also exploiting the domain investor to offer sex, money, job bribes to extremely powerful fraud top NTRO. CBI, R&AW, security agency employees through their friends and relatives
The indian government lectures citizens on tax evasion, black money, yet wastes millions of dollars of indian tax payer money on google, tata sponsored goan sex workers, cheater housewives and others fraud R&AW/Cbi employees, falsely claiming that they own domain names, paypal account of a private indian citizen, google competitor. Income tax returns, bank details will expose the great fraud of Ntro,cbi, raw, security agency employees.

•••
for example google, tata sponsored indore R&AW employee document robber housewife veena has never paid for a single domain name in her life yet because she BRIBES fraud powerful top NTRO, cbi, raw , security agency employees , the fraud indian government, NTRO, cbi falsely claims that the cheater housewife, who stole my documents and does not spend any money online , owns my domain names to pay the indore crook a monthly R&AW salary. There are 10 google, tata sponsored lazy fraud CBi/R&AW/indian intelligence employees falsely claiming to own my domain names to get a monthly indian government salary.
Due to these endless frauds of top indian government employees india faces an economic crisis.

•••
Mine is over a year now and it has a lot of end-users but no buyer

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back