Dynadot

discuss Thread in my name when I did not create it?

NameSilo
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Who took it upon themselves to put the omniverse thread in my name?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/om...ur-names-and-discussion-thread.1255969/unread

I did not start that thread, did not want to start a separate thread and made that quite clear when I tagged one of the mods on there.....

It's a bit of pi*s take that you can do that if you ask me

Please take my name of the thread that I did not create.......

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello,

it appears that you, yourself, requested all the off-topic Omni related posts to be moved to the new Omniverse thread.

For internal use ONLY: Report: Post in thread 'showcase - Omni/Omniverse - Showcase your names and Discussion Thread' - NamePros

Due to the above report and your request, all the Omni posts were moved to the new Omni thread and it just so happened that the very first off-topic Omni post was yours, which then made it the first post in the new Omni thread.

We hope that helps explain.

•••
Hello,

it appears that you, yourself, requested all the off-topic Omni related posts to be moved to the new Omniverse thread.

For internal use ONLY: Report: Post in thread 'showcase - Omni/Omniverse - Showcase your names and Discussion Thread' - NamePros

Due to the above report and your request, all the Omni posts were moved to the new Omni thread and it just so happened that the very first off-topic Omni post was yours, which then made it the first post in the new Omni thread.

We hope that helps explain.
You missed the point - I am not disputing the posts, they are fine and I requested them to be moved, never suggested I didn't.......

I did not start that thread, I did not create it or wish to do so - why does it show that I did?

Someone has put me down as the thread creator - this is the point I am trying to raise......And I am not happy about it :xf.smile:
Omni Screenshot.jpg

See the attached screenshot - I have circled it.........

You can't just presume to put my name down as a thread creator without my consent.......

Last edited:
•••
You missed the point - I am not disputing the posts, they are fine and I requested them to be moved, never suggested I didn't.......

I did not start that thread, I did not create it or wish to do so - why does it show that I did?

Someone has put me down as the thread creator - this is the point I am trying to raise......And I am not happy about it :xf.smile:Show attachment 202572

See the attached screenshot - I have circled it.........

You can't just presume to put my name down as a thread creator without my consent.......
Our system is automated and does not allow us to choose who a thread starter is. The system goes by the very first time-stamp and automatically makes that post the first one in a new thread.

Your request would require technical recoding and we are not sure how possible that would be.

Tagging @Paul - As they would have a better understanding of how the system works and how possible it would be to manually change who a thread starter is, bypassing timestamps.

•••
Our system is automated and does not allow us to choose who a thread starter is. The system goes by the very first time-stamp and automatically makes that post the first one in a new thread.

Your request would require technical recoding and we are not sure how possible that would be.

Tagging @Paul - As they would have a better understanding of how the system works and how possible it would be to manually change who a thread starter is, bypassing timestamps.
I think @Rammbo created the thread? Maybe he can confirm this - then as you point out the timestamps have automatically put me down as the thread creator......

If @Rammbo is happy to do so and if it can be done maybe the thread should be in their name?

A few if's involved......

Last edited:
•••
I didn’t create the thread they did this. I got a alert saying the post were moved from meta/Metaverse thread .. Then it was in this thread. But I’m with it if I wanna put my name on it … don’t matter to me. Maybe they took the first post tht mentioned Omniverse n created the thread. I have no clue

Last edited:
•••
I didn’t create the thread they did this. I got a alert saying the post were moved from meta/Metaverse thread .. Then it was in this thread. But I’m with it if I wanna put my name on it … don’t matter to me. Maybe they took the first post tht mentioned Omniverse n created the thread. I have no clue
Sorry - I assumed it was you, my bad........

I think it was done automatically by Namepros software - hopefully Paul can clear it up.....

•••
Sorry - I assumed it was you, my bad........

I think it was done automatically by Namepros software - hopefully Paul can clear it up.....
No problem.. Hope you get it figured out and your name removed if you don’t want it there. Yes, seems like the software just created the thread from the first Omni post

•••
Hello,

To summarize:
  1. You wanted the posts moved.
  2. Your post was the first post of that secondary topic.
  3. We do not know of an existing thread for the topic of these posts.
  4. We moved the posts to a new thread.

Questions:
  • What did you expect to happen in this scenario? What else could possibly happen other than your first post becomes the first post of a new thread?
    • Do you want it to be a thread without a creator? Our forum software doesn't have a way to do that.
    • Do you want a newer post to become the first post? Then the posts would be out of order.
  • Did we miss moving a post on the topic that was older than yours?
  • Do you have an idea that we could develop that would help?

Thanks in advance.

•••
Do you have an idea that we could develop that would help?

A short intro message above those threads will help. That the postings were originally from another thread, etc.

•••
Another suggestion. When attaching a user to a new thread as the creator, you want to make sure that the title has all the nuances and fits with their background on the forum. I would say, especially since the context from the original thread is not directly visible or known. I feel exactly what @NickB is feeling.

Last edited:
•••
Screenshot_20211024-030435_Chrome.jpg

This happened to me, but I felt uncomfortable that it was created in the Break Room and with this title.

This particular one would fit perfectly in the Technology section, with a better title, that I am able to adjust. 'Cyber security' is waaaay to broad for what I want to say. :unsure:

Another thread was created with the name of another user (not me) about 'religion'. That can be very tricky to do it that way.

Last edited:
•••

Cutting down on “automated” services unless they are proper

Last edited:
•••
I felt uncomfortable that it was created in the Break Room and with this title.
If that happens and you disagree with the section or its title, please contact us to suggest a different section and/or a different thread title.

But is there a better solution that wouldn't require the need to contact us?

Last edited:
•••
If that happens and you disagree with the section or its title, please contact us to suggest a different section and/or a different thread title.

But maybe there is a better solution that could be added that wouldn't require the need to contact us?

I know that would be possible indeed, but the thread has already created by then. Forums are about seconds. An image can be destroyed in seconds. I have to sleep sometimes and will not always notice that a thread has been created that way.

•••
•••
I do understand that it's difficult. It's already difficult to moderate a thread, a whole forum, then you have several options to edit, remove, move, warn, inform. Respect for that. The result for this case is not optimal. A default introduction message that's autogenerated may be a start. Writing a good topic is more of a challenge and time consuming. The moved postings in the new thread may not all fit under one nuanced topic. But for sure, a serious topic on gender equality in EU sponsored cyber security hackathons should not be in the Break Room.

Will think with you, have to sleep now. I'm typing while brushing my teeth.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

To summarize:
  1. You wanted the posts moved.
  2. Your post was the first post of that secondary topic.
  3. We do not know of an existing thread for the topic of these posts.
  4. We moved the posts to a new thread.

Questions:
  • What did you expect to happen in this scenario? What else could possibly happen other than your first post becomes the first post of a new thread?
    • Do you want it to be a thread without a creator? Our forum software doesn't have a way to do that.
    • Do you want a newer post to become the first post? Then the posts would be out of order.
  • Did we miss moving a post on the topic that was older than yours?

Thanks in advance.
I only requested all my posts be moved after the thread had been created, at that time the thread was not in my name and I assumed it would stay that way - how was I supposed to know it would automatically change to my name? I'm not a software expert, I don't know how Namepros deals with that scenario as I have never seen it before......There was no warning it would happen, you just presumed I would know somehow........

I suggest whoever reported my omniverse posts to be removed from the metaverse thread be made the omniverse thread creator as it was their actions that created the thread......

Or just delete all my posts and make the earliest one apart from mine the thread starter.........

Last edited:
•••
•••
Any update?......
We don't have a solution to this yet.

I suggest whoever reported my omniverse posts to be removed from the metaverse thread be made the omniverse thread creator as it was their actions that created the thread......
We don't feel this solution is appropriate.

Do you have another suggestion?

•••
We don't have a solution to this yet.

We don't feel this solution is appropriate.

Do you have another suggestion?

"Or just delete all my posts and make the earliest one apart from mine the thread starter........."

?

•••
•••
A short intro message above those threads will help. That the postings were originally from another thread, etc.

Maybe also a short autogenerated prefix to the thread title to indicate it has been "forked" from another topic - for example "Subthread;" or "Migrated:" or "Divorced:"

•••
We are limited on when we can delete content:
Do those posts of yours violate the rules?

Note: This team did not move your posts and does not know anything about them.
No

This pickle was not created by me, but by some Mod who assumed I would know the repercussions of agreeing to moving posts from one thread to another

To add cheese to the pickle the posts where moved to a thread I did not create, that originally had anothers name attached to it, but now has my name on it.......without consent

Turning this into a cheese and pickle sandwich - Are you trying to say that there is no way to remove my name from a thread I did not create?

Toast that cheese & pickle sandwich - Why am I the one under an obligation to come up with more suggestions when I did not create this culinary delight or know the rules or IT system as well as yourselves? The 2 I came up with where my best ones, which is not saying a lot........

I need to leave now ......hopefully when I log in tomorrow someone will of unwrapped this sandwich and come up with a solution.....

I'll also have a think and see if anything pops into my head - I also need to get a late dinner (food is on my mind)

Worst case I might have to eat the bloody sandwich and live with it........

•••
Maybe also a short autogenerated prefix to the thread title to indicate it has been "forked" from another topic - for example "Subthread;" or "Migrated:" or "Divorced:"

Nice suggestion, too. Would like to add "Complicated:" to the mix. Most of the time it is.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back