Dynadot

Thoughts on new Uniregistry landers?

NameSilo
Watch

nomen

Top Member
Impact
Looks like Uni has new BIN and make offer landers.

- You can now make an offer on "make offer" lander vs. request price (old).

- BIN lander now tells you IF the domain can be immediately transferred to you vs. just telling you 'MOST of the domains can be instantly transferred to you...' (old).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I noticed they removed the phone number that had been showing up at the bottom of the page, at least on BIN landers.

•••
I noticed they removed the phone number that had been showing up at the bottom of the page, at least on BIN landers.

Sucks. I think that a phone number adds trust.

•••
Also, it says on BIN landers:

Payment methods are accepted: Visa, Paypal etc.

That sounds a bit weird, i.e. '... ARE accepted'. Not a native English speaker myself but shouldn't it be just 'Payment methods accepted' or 'Accepted payment methods'. The current wording sounds a bit off to me. But again, not a native English speaker.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, you're right. It's a little off in that wording. Not sure how big a deal that is.

It also repeats this sentence twice: "We've helped thousands of buyers..."

And it says Copyright 2016 on the bottom.

Again, not sure how much any of that matters but just noting it FWIW.

•••
Yeah, you're right. It's a little off in that wording. Not sure how big a deal that is.

It also repeats this sentence twice: "We've helped thousands of buyers..."

And it says Copyright 2016 on the bottom.

Again, not sure how much any of that matters but just noting it FWIW.

Seems a bit rushed, i.e. the re-design and copy. And IMO it matters a lot. Hopefully, they fix those.

Edit: If you're talking about professionalism and confidence and whatnot in your sales pitch, those little things matter.

Last edited:
•••
Another thing: toward the tops it says:

A great domain can be the key to your success

Don't you think it would be better to say:

A great domain is the key to your success

It just seems like the wobbly "can be" could serve to validate the part of the potential buyer's mind that is hesitant about making the purchase.

•••

It just seems like the wobbly "can be" could serve to validate the part of the potential buyer's mind that is hesitant about making the purchase.

I agree, however this is likely a copy recommendation from the legal department.

Saying that this domain is the key to their success is too close to warranties and guarantees. What happens when someone buys a domain and their business fails for another reason?

Most of these changes look like they are the result of situations they have run it. I can only speculate, but that is typically the reason behind change of copy such as this.

•••
I see a "Copyright 2016" in a BIN lander...not good :(

•••
I like them...lets see how they convert.

•••
Some of my names show old lander while some show NEW. I hope the false inquiries will stop now

•••
More little mistakes (BIN lander):

"This domain is ELLIGIBLE to be delivered to your account immediately after purchase."

I don't like this at all.

•••

"Can be" is safer to use than "is".

Success requires more effort that just having a great domain.

•••
Imagine a make-up company advertising like this:

"Our makeup may or may not make you look more beautiful."

•••
Imagine a make-up company advertising like this:

"Our makeup may or may not make you look more beautiful."
Sounds accurate :ROFL:

•••
Also, it says on BIN landers:

Payment methods are accepted: Visa, Paypal etc.

That sounds a bit weird, i.e. '... ARE accepted'. Not a native English speaker myself but shouldn't it be just 'Payment methods accepted' or 'Accepted payment methods'. The current wording sounds a bit off to me. But again, not a native English speaker.

you know things are real bad when non native speakers like you and me are pointing them out.

I guess they didn't even bother to read twice through their landers. not cool.

•••
•••
I am experiencing a wild drop in inquiries after this change :(

Could be unrelated though....

•••
I am experiencing a wild drop in inquiries after this change :(

Could be unrelated though....

Same here but could be because the new landers make it clearer that you're inquiring about a domain name. Got all sorts of weird inquiries with the old landers...

•••
Same here but could be because the new landers make it clearer that you're inquiring about a domain name. Got all sorts of weird inquiries with the old landers..

Modern marketers tend to only ask for an email and once this is provided, they may ask for a couple more information, in an attempt to make it super simple and attractive for the prospect to engage.

A form with many fields to fill out looks intimidating...

•••
Dryness continues....

Anybody else noticed a change ?

•••
Dryness continues....

Anybody else noticed a change ?

I sure have. Used to get verified inquiries at least weekly and unverified pretty much every day but since they changed their landers, I haven't got one single inquiry :)

•••
I sure have. Used to get verified inquiries at least weekly and unverified pretty much every day but since they changed their landers, I haven't got one single inquiry :)

Very similar here...1 uncofirmed only since the change.....I'm going back to Efty for now ;)

•••
Yea inquiries are way down, they must be bouncing for some reason, it looks like they are more chatty, and making offers more now, good and bad. The number of inquiries are down, but the inquiries getting thru are communicating
more.

Serious people will follow thru

•••
I even made a test inquiry to make sure they are not blocked. It went through, no problem.

Do you guys have BINs or Make Offer only ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back