12 votes
    35.3%
  2. No

22 votes
    64.7%
Total: 34 vote(s)
  1. BrandableDomain

BrandableDomain Established Member

Because I have quite a large portfolio on the Uni Market, about 2,500 domains, I have all my domains set up for automatic broker assist if the buyer chooses to submit an enquiry. So the buyer has already seen the retail price, and submits his or her details.

You don’t need to “quote a price” as you suggest because they have already seen the price.

This enquiry is automatically allocated to the next available broker by the system who replies to the buyer. So it’s a good lead and I suppose they would say something like: thanks for the enquiry, the domain is priced at $xxxx and do you need any advice about payment and transfer etc?

At this point many buyers make a lower offer and this is where the skill of the brokerage comes in to try to get a good deal for all parties. In this case, the commission is 15 percent and I consider this to be well worth it for good results and a lot of saved time.

If the buyer simply clicks the Buy It Now button, then the brokerage is bypassed and the transaction is passed straight to the payment and transfer departments for closing. Then, the commission is only 10 percent.

I have never tried self-brokering for free on the Uni platform, but I think it’s great that they offer it.

If I’m wrong on anything here maybe @Quintin can correct me.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. BrandableDomain

The option I use seems to be the same with the exception that yours has an extra fourth field:

$ Your offer

To me, that’s telling your buyer that your BIN price is only an ambit price and actively encourages them to make a lower offer. To me, that field is telling the buyer straight up that you will accept a lower price.

What I’m trying to do is discourage buyers from making an offer, but certainly not stop them from doing so if that is what they really want to do.

In consultation with the brokers I do usually give a discount, but from a position of strength since I haven’t invited them to make an offer. Though they can and I want them to have that option.

My first sale this year was for $10,000 and somebody clicked the BIN button and paid the full price, so I only paid 10 percent commission.

3. Elad n

Elad n Account Closed (Requested) VIP

Yes, seen this option as well and only testing.

My question is, with your lander.

How many of your sales came from BIN versus an inquiry with the 3 fields?

I ask that because most of my names have BIN prices from low xx,xxx and up

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  4. BrandableDomain

I didn’t count them, but a big majority of sales came via the Submit Enquiry field rather than the BIN button. Maybe about 85 percent of sales came via Submit Enquiry and so those sales were closed by the brokerage.

Besides wanting to ask for a lower price, I think trust is a huge factor making buyers hesitate to click that button. Some buyers request using Escrow for that reason. I’ve used Escrow 10 times now at Uni.

Prior to June last year, all my domains were strictly BIN only. Much as I wanted to discourage buyers from making offers, I found that buyers were either contacting me directly via WHOIS or contacting Uniregistry externally (since the landers don’t currently link to Uni) :wtf:

I believe in giving customers what they want, and since Jonathan from Uni told me the BIN landers with Submit Enquiry are “very popular” I decided to try it. Very happy with the improved results.

5. Elad n

Makes sense.

Ill use it + only inquiry for some.

6. Windoms

Windoms Established Member

You could indeed make a configurable setting.
    Default setting, same as now (so you don't bother anyone), and other options for those that want to configure, basically the ability to link header logo to either uni homepage or uni market.
    Also, inquiry form as an extra option for the new lander is a good idea.

7. Josytal

Josytal Top Contributor VIP

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  8. Elad n

9. creataweb

creataweb Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School Photo VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

10. Windoms

11. Josytal

Josytal Top Contributor VIP

In what form, Uni-Godaddy?

12. Windoms

https://uniregistry.com/blog/post/better-together

Is anything changing at Uni?
    Change is good for us, for the industry, and innovation is necessary. However, there will be no short-term changes at Uni. The Registrar you know and love will still be available at www.uniregistry.com. Teams and key contacts will remain and all systems will continue to function the way you’ve become accustomed to. The Market will continue selling domain names and it’ll be business as usual. As time rolls on we'll be looking at how the Uniregistry Market paired with GoDaddy's expertise can serve the greater investor community at large. We will email customers a couple of weeks before closing with additional details.

We will be integrating Uniregistry with Afternic DLS. Eligible domains at Uniregistry will support Fast Transfer and gain the benefits of an expanded potential buying audience and increased exposure.

As time rolls in.

13. Windoms

Seems like top godaddy executives knew pros were using uni landers.

So much they had to get their wallet.

14. Windoms

New header/logo on uni landers.
    I can already feel that GD branding power, feels like landing on a for sales page is common business lol.

New header.JPG

15. Elad n

I dont like to "will join" doesn't help imo

Besides, is there a chat I didn't know of in the Landers?

16. IRON-MAN

IRON-MAN Established Member

PLEASE LISTEN UNI/GODADDY this small change could change the whole industry. Domainers need this option below in the Uniregistry control panel.

Add (keyword) past sales to the landing page
    under the BIN.

GoDaddy logo needs to be on the landing page.

17. Windoms

As a on/off feature for each individual domain, it would be great.

18. griff

griff Top Contributor VIP

Any reason why the "a GoDaddy brand" bit is removed from landers when you switch a name to self-brokered instead of brokered? It's quite a prominent and really important bit of info that could affect conversion.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 9:39 AM
  19. Windoms

It also disapears when you switch from BIN to make offer.

20. griff

@Quintin Any possibility the "a GoDaddy brand" can be added to self-brokered & make offer landers?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 1:08 PM
  21. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

I dont think this guy works with them anymore. He never answers his email and also last time he was online here waa back in March 04.

22. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

A few years ago, I had the chance to review *some* communications sent by a domainer to his potential buyer (enduser) using Uni platform. Enduser simply sent a price inquiry. What he got back was something like this:

oh, you are hiding yourself under hotmail email, but we found who you are, and this domain is simply not for you, or maybe it is if you send 6 figures offer to my client, I am a broker.

Not an exact text, but very close. Is it professional? No. Enduser was shocked but then recalled that his buddy Tony deals with "websites or domains or something... ". So he asked me to help, and we found a perfect .com available for handreg (a few hours of brainstorming + some of my tools).

So, since Seller-Buyer communications are not censored by Uniregistry platform, and since GoDaddy branding is valuable, Uniregistry should indeed avoid showing GoDaddy logo or anything on self-brokered leads, where the seller may be able to communicate directly with the buyer. The sellers are very, very different, but a buyer may be under impression that he is dealing with somebody from GoDaddy in all cases.

23. griff

@tonyk2000 Fair enough - that seems like a reasonable enough reason, especially in the whole viral social-media age. In all honesty I'm probably just getting a little too pushy to try out a GoDaddy-branded BIN lander.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020 at 9:01 PM
  24. Windoms

I think they just forgot to add it.
    Its clear after you make inquiry that you are negotiating with the owners of the domain and not uni/godaddy.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice