NameSilo

Thoughts On FaceDeals Facial Recognition Tech Domains Potential

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VisionEdger

Account Closed
Impact
Lots of news lately on Face Deals facial recognition software beta company now being introduced that ties in with facebook accounts for marketing products & services.

Facial recognition looks like the next wave of tech advancement within social media.

Anyone getting into related domains?

:$:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

FaceLOL.com

Seriously (not mocking your post), but not sure that my domain has much in the way of business applications.

Maybe a humor site about girning and other funny facial grimaces.

That face recognition technology is a bit scary, although it could help with police investigations and missing children.

Brave New World stuff.

•••
Germany been discussing it with facebook, its against German privacy laws unless the person who owns the face gives permission to use and store the data.

•••
They have used these face recognition stuff since September 11th in many metropolitan New York conventions, games and some street cams. Yes it is a huge thing. I know of two apps hitting the markets next mnth adding to the dozens of apps that are already in the market.

As far as domains registered in that area it s tough to predict. So I am staying away. My thoughts are
1) Look at what happened to all those people who reg 3D domains
2) and I don't know if the .app extension set to be released will steal away names so every new app released wants to have a .app extension in face recognition.

Some might argue if you reg .app you should get the .com as well. I disagree thats for another thread.

My opinion.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe a humor site about girning and other funny facial grimaces.

That face recognition technology is a bit scary, although it could help with police investigations and missing children.
happy blogging...!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back