IT.COM

Thoughts on 2020.

NameSilo
Watch

BlackCatsAreNice

Established Member
Impact
It's been a dry year. Only a couple of sales. Most buyers, when I reply with my ask, either never respond or think I am crazy. They are right of course.

I've been mainly a "pure play" kinda person with this domaining thing.

Buy low.
Sell high.
Drive fast.
At night.

You know the drill. And thrill.

But I think that for 2020, I am gonna need to PIVOT to make this thing work.

Like many others here I am sure, I hold onto some choice domains. I would say 10 percent of my portfolio are domains that if developed, could and would turn into great profit centers.

Think of it like this: You and I and everyone we know got in on the land rush. The manifest destination. We all ended up with choice land plots. You know the ones. Corner location. Beachfront. Million dollar views.

So we've been sitting pretty waiting for the deep pocketed developer to come and offer us handsome sums so they could develop the next mall or 7-11.

Well the cavalry has not arrived and it's up to you to take up arms and go on the ATTACK.

No one will save you but yourself.

So I am off to learn Wordpress and Adobe CC and Full stack web dev.

Hello 2020. Nice to meet ya!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You mean, you’re going to develop them yourself, and create businesses?

•••
•••
Great, that is what I am doing.

•••
•••
Congratulations on the seed ideas to start your own ventures. Let us know how it all pans out, or any help you need.

•••
It's been a dry year. Only a couple of sales. Most buyers, when I reply with my ask, either never respond or think I am crazy. They are right of course.

I've been mainly a "pure play" kinda person with this domaining thing.

Buy low.
Sell high.
Drive fast.
At night.

You know the drill. And thrill.

But I think that for 2020, I am gonna need to PIVOT to make this thing work.

Like many others here I am sure, I hold onto some choice domains. I would say 10 percent of my portfolio are domains that if developed, could and would turn into great profit centers.

Think of it like this: You and I and everyone we know got in on the land rush. The manifest destination. We all ended up with choice land plots. You know the ones. Corner location. Beachfront. Million dollar views.

So we've been sitting pretty waiting for the deep pocketed developer to come and offer us handsome sums so they could develop the next mall or 7-11.

Well the cavalry has not arrived and it's up to you to take up arms and go on the ATTACK.

No one will save you but yourself.

So I am off to learn Wordpress and Adobe CC and Full stack web dev.

Hello 2020. Nice to meet ya!

Alternatively, you can find someone who already has the expertise and partner with the person. You'll cover more ground that way.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back