IT.COM

discuss Think It Will Sell?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I've read posts about how long a sale takes and I thought I would share a quick funny story that is still active.

January 9, 2020: Contact from GoDaddy Broker

I set the price mid $x,xxx, received no response....until (I assume) the same buyer emailed me directly through privacy...

February 5. 2020: Direct email from buyer

and this is how the conversation went:

Notice that the buyer has opened the emails twice since we finished our conversation.

Most recently yesterday.

All domainers should track their emails. It's free to do and very valuable.

Think it will sell?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for sharing, it's unlikely. Buyers that are serious move quickly and don't take chances like this.

The "humane and ethically affordable" comment would have yielded zero further responses.

That is a complete deal breaker.

•••
Thanks for sharing, it's unlikely. Buyers that are serious move quickly and don't take chances like this.

The "humane and ethically affordable" comment would have yielded zero further responses.

That is a complete deal breaker.
Did you notice he opened it again just yesterday? :)

•••
I just love the "XXX.com domains go for $30-$50". In what world?

•••
"Humane and ethically affordable price" :ROFL:.
I think they will come back.

•••
> on the domain market xxx.com are offered between 10 - 50

someone found the WTB section on namepros

Last edited:
•••
Sometimes as much as someone wants a domain, no matter how bad, they just don’t have the financing to do it.

A payment plan might be a good way for them to get their foot in the door.

•••
I am 100% sure it will sell if you price it between $10 and $50.

•••
I can't believe the guy says "For our crowdfunding site".

He want's to take money from donations made to others and I'm unethical???

People are crazy!

I'll tell you this much. I don't open old emails from a month ago usually. Not those kind at least.

•••
1) it might be a trick
then he comes back

2) it's not a trick then he won't come back

3) the fact that he opens the email, unfortunately, doesn't tell you anything

4) the short cut is
make him a reasonable offer asap
like $2.888 USD

•••
off topic question a bit here. what do you guys use to track when people open emails again? I thought this was obsolete now since most email services block the auto opening of images which I'm guessing is how these emails get tracked?

•••
I’ve set prices at Afternic after receiving a price request and had them sell weeks, months or even up to a year later. I haven’t bothered to look into whether it’s the same inquirer who buys.

•••
off topic question a bit here. what do you guys use to track when people open emails again? I thought this was obsolete now since most email services block the auto opening of images which I'm guessing is how these emails get tracked?
I use mailtrack. It's a free gmail tracker. Interestingly, they use the domain name mailtrack.io.

•••
I’ve set prices at Afternic after receiving a price request and had them sell weeks, months or even up to a year later. I haven’t bothered to look into whether it’s the same inquirer who buys.
Me too

•••
I use mailtrack. It's a free gmail tracker. Interestingly, they use the domain name mailtrack.io.

oh so it's only for gmail to gmail tracking? meaning you have to send out emails using gmail and the recipient needs to be using gmail too? or can I use gmail to send to yahoo or whatever email address and since I'm using gmail it will track if my email was opened or not? what other options are there? I'm sure there's a thread on NP already. can't seem to find it. probably just not using the right "keyword string" to find it.

•••
First thing, you filtered the namebio search to only show LLN sold over 4k, 109 from a total of 1393.
Second thing, if you didn't get consent from the recipient to track his email you broke the EU GDPR.

No, it will not sell. What goes around comes around!

•••
oh so it's only for gmail to gmail tracking? meaning you have to send out emails using gmail and the recipient needs to be using gmail too? or can I use gmail to send to yahoo or whatever email address and since I'm using gmail it will track if my email was opened or not? what other options are there? I'm sure there's a thread on NP already. can't seem to find it. probably just not using the right "keyword string" to find it.
Whatever email.

•••
First thing, you filtered the namebio search to only show LLN sold over 4k, 109 from a total of 1393.
Second thing, if you didn't get consent from the recipient to track his email you broke the EU GDPR.

Not sure about gdpr but I tracked my email, not his/hers.

Directing a buyer to a desired range seems okay.

I was polite in suggesting he make an offer. He immediately says, "On domain market yada yada". He was rude imo.

All 4 door cars aren't the same. All 3 bedroom homes aren't the same. You feel me?

Last edited:
•••

Of course he is going to filter the search, he is trying to sell a name that he has priced - why would you show cheaper names?

Get off your sanctimonious high horse.......

•••

are you the buyer?

•••
•••
It's hard to say. My first end user sale came after months. We couldn't come to an agreement, then randomly 3 months later he messaged me again. Just wait. If the buyer really does want it they will come back.

•••
His budget is $50. He probably bought z0o.horse :)

•••
what for a better buyer. You dont have to sell it. :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back