IT.COM

These guys are laughing as they scam!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Posted on my blog.

"New comment on your post "About"
Author: Marian (IP: 188.78.218.93 , 93.218.78.188.dynamic.jazztel.es)
E-mail: [email protected]
URL:
Whois: http://whois.arin.net/rest/ip/188.78.218.93
Comment: My good friend,

Thank´s for promoting all our IDN auctions.

As you may know ᗱ.COM sold for $100,000 USD, ৪৪.com sold for $3,100 USD,
৪৪৪.com sold for $8,203 USD, chì.com & mìng.com alredy passed $1,050 USD and ৪.net passed $500 USD. These IDN´s sell like hotcakes thank´s to your marketing.
Would you accept a gratification for your work ???

HA, HA, HA ..."

I wonder if they got paid yet as whois seems to be the same as before?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice to see them keeping it professional.

•••
•••
•••
Sadly, DomainNameSales.com also continue to promote "Fake" IDN despite numerous attempts to contact them with zero response.

৪৪৪.com

৪৪.com

And many more.

•••
•••
Could someone please explain why this is a scam to sell IDN's ?
I have no experience with IDNs but AFAIK on Sedo's marketplace it is clearly indicated that they are IDNs and the buyer should not proceed unless they know what they are buying.
Yes probably they are useless but some people may want a vanity domain or just have money to burn :xf.grin:

•••
Could someone please explain why this is a scam to sell IDN's ?
I have no experience with IDNs but AFAIK on Sedo's marketplace it is clearly indicated that they are IDNs and the buyer should not proceed unless they know what they are buying.
Yes probably they are useless but some people may want a vanity domain or just have money to burn :xf.grin:

Read this and then tell me what you think.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/if-you-got-caught.852424/

•••
Well this is what I can see on Sedo :

idn1.PNG

And then

idn2.PNG

idn1.PNG

•••
Yes I know that.

But- if you read what I actually posted you will see that the links to the screenshots I posted were from the Sedo home page auctions section which was drawing people in.

There is no reference to IDN on the screenshots.

•••
I see your point. But scammers ? hmm I wouldn't say that

•••
Do people actually pay for these? It's fairly obvious that they aren't proper Latin characters.

•••
i guess that's where we beg to differ.

Simply seen it so many times in the last few years. It gets cleaned up and then another bunch come along and off it goes again. Took well over a year to get the last lot sorted out in 2012. See my blog if you are interested,NP's members were caught out.

Few people seem to care though so a bit of a head banging exercise.

Hopefully those that "won" the auctions won't pay when they realise what they got.

•••
is what they are doing illegal? or is it just frowned upon?

•••
At the very least, suckers looking for another bigger sucker. These domains are inherently deceptive.

•••
is what they are doing illegal? or is it just frowned upon?

They are not illegal just mutton posing as lamb. Not what they seem and people are getting fooled in to bidding for something that they do not really know they are bidding on. I guess if you buy a fake Rolex because it has been advertised as such who is at fault?

With these names the sellers are following in the path of others who have done the same thing. However the main fault lies with Sedo.com for allowing them to be listed and subsequently auctioned.
Then providing a home page auction link that does not indicate what the names actually are linking to a bidding page that does not indicate that the names are in fact IDN fake or otherwise. That is why there are so many bids/ bidders.

These threads are for "buyers" that find they have bought/are buying a pup so that they either not pay, or claim money back from Sedo for what is basically fraud.

Hence the links and screenshots on other threads in this warning section.

•••
These at best can be classified as "deceptive" IDNs. There really are two types when it comes to international script domains. The legitimate ones are true native characters, words, and phrases in languages other than common English. To say all idns are deceptive or a scam is completely baseless. Many top terms in other languages get as much, if not more exact searches than their English counterparts.

The deceptive kind are ones that simply look visually like one script or language (usually look like english) but are NOT or that even mix scripts of various languages together. These are the idns that unfortunately give all international names a bad name. The easiest way to tell is to google a term (copy/paste) the exact term in the domain being sold and see if the characters are an exact match for wikipedia entries and score high on the google keyword tool. Real IDNs in languages of completely different scripts like Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Hebrew, Russian are usually quite easy to research and don't really contain characters that are visually confusing with English. Characters and words in most European languages (French, Spanish..) Portuguese, Turkish, and others are where these characters can become visually deceptive. These names don't sell well, confuse users, and should be frowned upon. What to classify as deceptive though has a lot to do with how it is being advertised.

•••
Good to see that some of these "names" are now well indexed on Google which was part of all this.

Anybody searching will find these threads.

•••
And on my blog I simply asked if the "buyers" had paid yet!

" If they don´t they will be banned from SEDO and my lawyer Mr. BerryHill will take care of them and you ..."

I wonder if John Berryhill knows yet?

•••
I don't think they like my blog, they seem a little perturbed with their comments. Looks like a joint effort.

Perhaps I touched some nerves?

•••
I don't think they like my blog, they seem a little perturbed with their comments. Looks like a joint effort.

Perhaps I touched some nerves?
Can you please link us to these comments?
Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Peace,
Cy

•••
•••
image.jpg
The latest one, no indication from Sedo that this is an IDN, genuine or otherwise.

•••
I got a reponse from sedo support few days ago.
They forwarded the issue to the tech team.

•••
I got a reponse from sedo support few days ago.
They forwarded the issue to the tech team.

They don't talk to me, I wonder why?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back